IGNORED

Pontypridd Possible Points Penalty

George Rs

Didn’t know where to ask so thought I’d just start a new thread.

For the people who know more about football than me, hypothetically if a team were to get a points deduction of this value and finish a season still in the negative points. Would they start the following season in the negative points to that value or would they get wiped to 0 like everyone else? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, George Rs said:

For the people who know more about football than me, hypothetically if a team were to get a points deduction of this value and finish a season still in the negative points. Would they start the following season in the negative points to that value or would they get wiped to 0 like everyone else? 

Will they have to create a new term to describe this level of points deduction?

"The Full Ponty"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Seems a little tokenistic to suspend the bulk of the deduction. A suspension easily avoided by just making sure Pontypridd only field eligible players.

I know everyone is joking about it but this has absolutely no precedent or bearing on the Man City case. 

It's two completely different leagues, governed by totally different bodies.

The offences aren't similar at all and it's just not going to be relevant.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Is your title taking alliteration a little too far? 😆

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

2,675-point deduction incoming for Man City.

In all honesty if they (and Chelsea) have breached rules as heavily as implied-  it would be great if the Prem and EFL worked together and they were made an example of and relegated to the bottom tier. Similar to Rangers when they had their debt crisis or relegation and points penalty like Juventus during the match-fixing scandal. The punishment needs to be an example and a deterrent. I have no faith this is what will happen though. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

In all honesty if they (and Chelsea) have breached rules as heavily as implied-  it would be great if the Prem and EFL worked together and they were made an example of and relegated to the bottom tier. Similar to Rangers when they had their debt crisis or relegation and points penalty like Juventus during the match-fixing scandal. The punishment needs to be an example and a deterrent. I have no faith this is what will happen though. 

I would love it also. But come and dig me up when it happens.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Man City have been particularly devious too. Obstructing legal proceedings and threatening journalists that crossed their path.

If found guilty, it will be a huge story felt across the footballing ball, and I see no reason why the EFL should accept them (assuming they are given a massive points deduction/automatically relegated). 

The problem is it will become political and the UK government won't allow their friends in Abu Dhabi to be offended, or made to feel unwelcome. So they'll probably get off it somehow, even tho it is obvious they have been gaming the system. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Man City have been particularly devious too. Obstructing legal proceedings and threatening journalists that crossed their path.

If found guilty, it will be a huge story felt across the footballing ball, and I see no reason why the EFL should accept them (assuming they are given a massive points deduction/automatically relegated). 

The problem is it will become political and the UK government won't allow their friends in Abu Dhabi to be offended, or made to feel unwelcome. So they'll probably get off it somehow, even tho it is obvious they have been gaming the system. 

I seem to remember Juventus threatening to go through Italian civil courts and getting blocked because FIFA won't accept any form of government involvement in the running of the national leagues. I could have that wrong though. - Although in this scenario FIFA are arguably just as much in their pocket so probably wouldn't be an obstacle.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

In all honesty if they (and Chelsea) have breached rules as heavily as implied-  it would be great if the Prem and EFL worked together and they were made an example of and relegated to the bottom tier.

Two different businesses, would never stand up legally, same reason Villa dodged a bullet by getting promoe

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Two different businesses, would never stand up legally, same reason Villa dodged a bullet by getting promoe

Just in theory now, in theory anyway.

If and Aston Villa returned could the EFL reopen thst period to 2019. How long is a piece of string as to how long we could leave it or is it fairly pointless so far down the line.