IGNORED

Relegation form

Ziderarmy

Just now, MelksRed said:

Happy to be proved wrong....but I feel that the step up maybe too much for LM. Championship is entirely different to league one....look at what happened when we first came up with Cotts.....we ate L1 up....then struggled for the first 3 seasons..  

We had a decent squad then as well. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

Oh this is QPR of last year all over. They just survived! Said before only way out of this league under current structure is the Gas end! They will prob replace us eventually. Disgraceful decision to sack Nigel, end of! Get rid of those rubbish lines on the training pitch and get back to basics! This isn’t subuteo Liam! 

QPR lost their manager to a massive club. We deliberating chucked ours.

Absolutely maddddddd

• Flames 2

16 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Just continuing where NP left off. We lost 5 out 7 at the end of his time. We’re just not very good and we’re a few players short. 

TBF he barely had a fit team to pick in that period. I would suggest with the player availability of the last 4 days we would have more than 1 point from 6 to show for it without the manager change

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Just continuing where NP left off. We lost 5 out 7 at the end of his time. We’re just not very good and we’re a few players short. 

Of those 5 how many did we expect to win? Leicester and Leeds away practically a given, and Ipswich home which we almost got a draw from. Stoke was a freak result but definitely poor to lose that form 2 up. Then consider his injury list.

1 defeat in 7 in the league before those 7.

Out of Mannings 6, we’ve won 1 and would have reasonably expected to win 2-3 more (Huddersfield, QPR and Blackburn)

Edited by MarcusX
  • Like 13

34 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Happy to be proved wrong....but I feel that the step up maybe too much for LM. Championship is entirely different to league one....look at what happened when we first came up with Cotts.....we ate L1 up....then struggled for the first 3 seasons..  

I just think he’s been put in a position where the hierarchy wants instant results but when he has different principles it’s going to take time. When Lansdown and Tinnion is saying this is a top 6 squad it puts him in a difficult position

Just now, MarcusX said:

Of those 5 how many did we expect to win? Leicester and Leeds away practically a given, and Ipswich home which we almost got a draw from. Stoke was a freak result but definitely poor to lose that form 2 up.

1 defeat in 7 in the league before those 7.

Out of Mannings 6, we’ve won 1 and would have reasonably expected to win 2-3 more (Huddersfield, QPR and Blackburn)

Comparing like for like, Pearsons spell of results were not really any different to last seasons even with the injury crisis.

Manning though with 5 points from 6. Those same 5 generated a lot more points last season ignoring Southampton.

QPR A 3 points

Boro H 1 point

Norwich H 3 points

Huddersfield A 1 point

Blackburn A 3 points

11 points.

That's a lot of points lost and looking at it like that then we might actually be on the edge of a relegation battle

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Comparing like for like, Pearsons spell of results were not really any different to last seasons even with the injury crisis.

Manning though with 5 points from 6. Those same 5 generated a lot more points last season ignoring Southampton.

QPR A 3 points

Boro H 1 point

Norwich H 3 points

Huddersfield A 1 point

Blackburn A 3 points

11 points.

That's a lot of points lost and looking at it like that then we might actually be on the edge of a relegation battle

We certainly did under NP.

Like for like we were 5 points better off when Manning arrived. 21 from 14 vs 16 from the 14 prior season.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Just highlights what a good job Nige was doing, under the circumstances.

Absolutely. I think Manning is probably a good manager and I think we will probably start getting results eventually if we stick with him.

But Pearson was an experienced pragmatist who knew how to get the best out of the players we had. Manning has joined with ideas of how he wants to play he may well get us there but right now it is very obvious we have moved away from a manager with the skills and know how to get the best out of the resources he has.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We have a couple of lines of defence before needing to worry about the drop.

1. Players back from injury. Wells improves the function of our attack, Naismith will boost our creativity, Ross McCrorie is an exciting unknown quantity.

2. January. If it’s looking bad, they Lansdown’s will spend. They know they got us into this mess and they will cover their asses.

3. Sheffield Wednesday are ass. That’s one spot gone. Rotherham not much better, that’s two.

I honestly believe this squad of ours, when mostly/fully fit, is mid table at the very least. We have honest, talented players. They’re struggling in a new system and low on confidence, but they are good.

• Like 2

Regardless of principles, behaviours and all the other mind-numbingly boring psychobabble, the fact is that Lansdown's boy-wonder has so far delivered a meagre five points from a possible eighteen.

Although a few on here claim to see what Manning is trying to achieve, I'm not impressed.

His priority is to focus on achieving wins, and he's looking more and more like a loser.

I'm still waiting for one of his increasingly quiet adherents to be very specific about what, for them, would make Manning's appointment a  demonstrable and incontrovertible success.

• Like 4

I was there tonight. For the majority of the game we showed exactly who we are without the grit & attitude that has been carrying us as a team.

I don't doubt Manning can improve us tactically in some ways, but it looks to me to be at the expense of the dogged determination we showed under Pearson.

Worry for me is that's exactly what we will need if we do end up at the wrong end of the table thanks to nepotism and ego.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ciderincornwall said:

I was there tonight. For the majority of the game we showed exactly who we are without the grit & attitude that has been carrying us as a team.

I don't doubt Manning can improve us tactically in some ways, but it looks to me to be at the expense of the dogged determination we showed under Pearson.

Worry for me is that's exactly what we will need if we do end up at the wrong end of the table thanks to nepotism and ego.

Good to read a post from someone who was there, but a really big concern. If he’s removed some of Nige’s foundations we could be in trouble. 

• Like 1