IGNORED

The King is dead long live the King

NSFF

Whilst I fully admit to being a Pearson fan nobody can even judge Manning as of yet.

Previous mangers and I agree here have asked and been given 3 transfer windows to build their own squad so let’s give the fella time. The ire of the fans who pay their money and are entitled to their views should all be directed at the people who's decision to replace the manger that in my opinion was doing a fantastic job with awfully limited funds.

Nigel was never a yes man and clearly didn’t suffer fools so when the boy blunder tells him who to pick and how to play it was never going to end well really ! 
This division is so tight anything can happen 3 wins and we are back on the edge of the playoffs and the new style he’s trying to implement I’m enjoying, so as hard as it is to swallow we got no option but to get behind the team.

Lansdown jnr and his best mate have shown the disrespect they have for the fan base I’ve been here long before them and after the recent behaviour hopefully a long time after them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 4

37 minutes ago, mason said:

Why is 3 a magic number.... if we give our new manager 3 million transfer windows it will make no difference if we continue to sell off our best players while not investing the proceeds and 3 wins will also make no difference if other clubs also win 3.

Currently teams below us are making progress while we head towards them, we have failed to add quality players in positions,that are clear to fans.

Our "top six" club is heading towards the bottom six, yet our league position was the reason given for the sacking of our exp manager. There are currently 9 teams below us and 14 teams above us, even on points we are 6 from bottom six and 7 from top six. So Jon the plan aint working yet.

We have an option dont show your support for JL by attending as though its all ok, or if you have to be there make your feelings known.

Had enough builds and rebuilds to last a life time, will be back when the fools are gone.

I’ve no idea unlike de la soul why 3 in the magic number, I personally stopped during the Osman Jackie debacle so totally get where your at and can’t find an excuse to argue with you unfortunately 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NSFF said:

Whilst I fully admit to being a Pearson fan nobody can even judge Manning as of yet.

Previous mangers and I agree here have asked and been given 3 transfer windows to build their own squad so let’s give the fella time. The ire of the fans who pay their money and are entitled to their views should all be directed at the people who's decision to replace the manger that in my opinion was doing a fantastic job with awfully limited funds.

Nigel was never a yes man and clearly didn’t suffer fools so when the boy blunder tells him who to pick and how to play it was never going to end well really ! 
This division is so tight anything can happen 3 wins and we are back on the edge of the playoffs and the new style he’s trying to implement I’m enjoying, so as hard as it is to swallow we got no option but to get behind the team.

Lansdown jnr and his best mate have shown the disrespect they have for the fan base I’ve been here long before them and after the recent behaviour hopefully a long time after them.

And three more defeats will mean that on January first, we're looking up from the bottom six.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really getting fed up of hearing "give him time"

I believe this is the worst start for a manager of ours for 20 years? 

This guy has come in and with his new style has our decent team looking over our shoulders at the relegation zone. 

So yea, I'm sorry that I'm worried about that! 

At first and still to quite a degree my anger is/was directed at the owners. 

As I said in another post, Bristol City are not a charity. We are not here to give managers work experience and let them learn on the job. Been down that route far too many times now. 

He came in and gave us a style none of us asked for. He's come in and made some baffling selection choices and substitutions. So now, to a lesser extent my anger is shifting from owners to him. 

Will you still be saying give him time if we're in the relegation zone? 

If we're in that relegation zone by the time the transfer window opens then I'd not feel comfortable cracking open the nest egg as a solution to get us back to where we bloody was! 

• Like 15
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This guy has come in and with his new style has our decent team looking over our shoulders at the relegation zone. 

As I said in another post, Bristol City are not a charity. We are not here to give managers work experience and let them learn on the job. Been down that route far too many times now. 

He came in and gave us a style none of us asked for. He's come in and made some baffling selection choices and substitutions. So now, to a lesser extent my anger is shifting from owners to him. 

If we're in that relegation zone by the time the transfer window opens then I'd not feel comfortable cracking open the nest egg as a solution to get us back to where we bloody was! 

Johnson snr lost 9 out of the first 12 didn’t he ? Its not the current mangers fault it’s all down to the boy and the binman that’s where your anger should be 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If you’re not prepared to give Manning time then what is it that you want? 

Because Pearson sure as hell ain’t coming back. 
So, if we sack Manning after we lose to Sunderland this week, what do YOU want to see? 
You’re giving a belly load of airtime to how much you don’t want this manager, so what is it that you DO want? Straight answer please, no waffly bollox. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 13
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

If you’re not prepared to give Manning time then what is it that you want? 

Because Pearson sure as hell ain’t coming back. 
So, if we sack Manning after we lose to Sunderland this week, what do YOU want to see? 
You’re giving a belly load of airtime to how much you don’t want this manager, so what is it that you DO want? Straight answer please, no waffly bollox. 

Want us to progress beyond where we was, as that was why we made the change 😉 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, NSFF said:

Johnson snr lost 9 out of the first 12 didn’t he ? Its not the current mangers fault it’s all down to the boy and the binman that’s where your anger should be 

Well manning has come in and tried to introduce a style that only 2/3 have the ability to deal with, and then one of those lads, tgh, hes dropped for the last few games in favour of williams who most certainly doesnt have that ability. Bell has been transformed by this tactic, and not in a good way, and it appears naismith and wells saw enough of it in commentary to be less than impressed as well, though that’s because it wasnt working cause no one can play it.

as for the owners,, how many times have they tried the new inexperienced coach/ manager, and then seen it not work? The times we have been stable has been when a stronger experienced guy has been able to build a togetherness, the last time a younger inexperienced manager worked properly for us was joe jordan 30 odd years ago… yet they keep doing it!

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, NSFF said:

Manning must take some of the responsibility for our results if not for the appalling cackhanded way the club instigated and managed the change. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

the last time a younger inexperienced manager worked properly for us was joe jordan 30 odd years ago… yet they keep doing it!

J.J was someone whom everybody looked up to. He had the respect of everyone. He was not an unknown from the lower leagues who had achieved nothing in their careers. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I'll answer this....

I want the powers that be to own this situation and take full responsibility for it!

THEY sacked Pearson and THEY employed Manning. THEY said we have a squad capable of being top end of the table.

I said in another thread, I feel sorry for Manning because the brief he was given, which was also explained to the supporters, is not possible due to the reasons given for sacking Pearson were a tissue of lies.

Funny how JL and BT have gone silent again isn't it? Just leave this new inexperienced coach to explain everything.

Tell me, who in the hierarchy of the football club management has any experience of running such a club?

JL for example, looking at his LinkedIn profile, he "worked" for 4 years at his daddies company. Executive position? PR perhaps? No, in the ******* call centre! He acts like a spoilt brat, won't take any criticism. He runs the club like a hobby.

BT. Legend of a player but his only management experience was a failure. No one else picked him up and no manager ever made him captain while he played which normally signifies a leader.

I WANT THESE 2 TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!

I want BT to resign and JL to step down to a more junior position and employ someone who knows what they are doing!

I hope Manning succeeds but that doesn't stop me lamenting the fact that Pearson was sacked for no real reason by 2 people who haven't a ******* clue what they are doing.

I have tried to cut out the waffley bollox @Harry 😉

Yep. Good answer. And I agree with all of that. 
But you are coming from a position of hoping the new manager can work. The poster to whom I asked that question doesn’t want the new manager at all, but I don’t know what his solution is, apart from a load of hot air. 

• Like 2

The magic "three windows" plea is always invoked by (and for) managers who are failing and under-achieving.

It's a smokescreen to distract everyone from the here and now.

Given what the useless hierarchy said about our great squad (and presumably what Manning agreed with, as he took on the job), the clear expectation of most fans was immediate noticeable positive difference, impact and results.

That has not been the case and seems increasingly unlikely with every game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

The magic "three windows" plea is always invoked by (and for) managers who are failing and under-achieving.

It's a smokescreen to distract everyone from the here and now.

Given what the useless hierarchy said about our great squad (and presumably what Manning agreed with, as he took on the job), the clear expectation of most fans was immediate noticeable positive difference, impact and results.

That has not been the case and seems increasingly unlikely with every game.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe Manning has actually said anything about 3 windows or such like. 
It’s a phrase which has only been bandied around on here. It’s never been said or even alluded to by Manning 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, mason said:

IMO next 2 games are pivitol in our season, we have to really beat Sunderland and Hull as cant see us getting much from Watford and Brum.

Goalscorer would be good about now, Conway and Bell seem lost without their mate Scott pulling the strings in midfield.

So you think we are more likely to beat Sunderland and Hull than getting much from Watford and Birmingham? IMO I can't see us getting much from any of those games apart from the latter.

'Goalscorer would be good about now'. No sh!t Sherlock !!

You aren't The Spaniard under a different name are you?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

When I saw the name of the thread I thought you’d been reading Danny Wilson’s book!IMG_9930.thumb.jpeg.30a4f8b6b5846742d489800ce4644ea0.jpeg

Perhaps not too surprised to learn that from this Tinnion doesn’t even appear to know how to work a phone.

The sooner he leaves the better.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe Manning has actually said anything about 3 windows or such like. 
It’s a phrase which has only been bandied around on here. It’s never been said or even alluded to by Manning 

Nope, it’s Chinese whispers.

Someone said LJ used it & all of a sudden Manning did.

I’m not happy but also acknowledge it is only 6 games & as you say, he isn’t going anywhere unless we go on a massive losing run or he walks (which on a three & a half year contract, he won’t).

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Correct. In the context of this thread it's a phrase used by a contrarian poster who has rarely posted...has no provenance whatsoever.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We live in an instant social-media driven society that really has no basis in reality. The bloke has had SIX games. Of course he needs some time. Anyone would think we were any good before he took over (15th was it?). We’re just not that good.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. What do you actually want to happen? Would you prefer us to struggle just so you can be right? 

Life is far more nuanced than you suggest. 

NP irritated the hell out of me some of the time but I always wanted us to win and I wanted him to succeed. I think the board got the timing of his sacking hopelessly wrong. But I want Liam Manning to succeed because life is too short not to want to feel happy on a Saturday and Tuesday/Wednesday evening (after a win), not angry and bitter, and harking back to a marriage that’s not going to be revived. 

I’ve seen over fifty years of this club’s football and I can’t remember a more knee-jerk reaction to a new manager. It’s been far from perfect, and deeply frustrating at times. But we’ve been in every game and could have got something from all of them. 
If we lose nine in a row - like a previously successful manager incidentally - you can fill your boots if you want. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I'll answer this....

I want the powers that be to own this situation and take full responsibility for it!

THEY sacked Pearson and THEY employed Manning. THEY said we have a squad capable of being top end of the table.

I said in another thread, I feel sorry for Manning because the brief he was given, which was also explained to the supporters, is not possible due to the reasons given for sacking Pearson were a tissue of lies.

Funny how JL and BT have gone silent again isn't it? Just leave this new inexperienced coach to explain everything.

Tell me, who in the hierarchy of the football club management has any experience of running such a club?

JL for example, looking at his LinkedIn profile, he "worked" for 4 years at his daddies company. Executive position? PR perhaps? No, in the ******* call centre! He acts like a spoilt brat, won't take any criticism. He runs the club like a hobby.

BT. Legend of a player but his only management experience was a failure. No one else picked him up and no manager ever made him captain while he played which normally signifies a leader.

I WANT THESE 2 TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!

I want BT to resign and JL to step down to a more junior position and employ someone who knows what they are doing!

I hope Manning succeeds but that doesn't stop me lamenting the fact that Pearson was sacked for no real reason by 2 people who haven't a ******* clue what they are doing.

I have tried to cut out the waffley bollox @Harry 😉

Manning is being left out high and dry by the Lansdowns.. Lansdowns have no understanding of football.

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

But you are coming from a position of hoping the new manager can work. The poster to whom I asked that question doesn’t want the new manager at all, but I don’t know what his solution is, apart from a load of hot air. 

Where have I said I want him to be sacked? Oh that's right, I haven't. You're once again rewriting things to suit your narrative. 

You might be smitten with this young and progressive coach which appears to be your dream appointment, but plenty of us are not!

Ahh another one that doesn't believe people should let off steam on a forum. There's quite a lot of you around lately! Let's just shut the forum down shall we? 

Are you insinuating that I hope the new manager doesn't work out? If so that's a very unfair accusation. As I've said plenty of times, if Manning takes us to the premier league I'll personally fund a statue of him! If Manning is successful then that means we are and ill be delighted. 

Hoping a new manager can work and having concerns he won't are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to do both. You may struggle with that concept but it's not difficult. 

We've got Manning if we like it or not. Doesn't mean I or others have to stand on our seats singing his name like it seems people like you are demanding.

Have you ever had a friend who has a partner that you don't like? Or that you don't think they are suited to each other? You may not like it, but you just accept it. That's what this pretty much is. 

The solution is for Manning to rip up his style and to get us playing a style that suits the players he has inherited. The solution is to not play Bell at LWB. The solution is to play your best players and not sub them. The solution is to not overload the players with information. Pretty simple really. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That is very revealing into Brian’s character (noting it’s written from Wilson’s perspective)

Absolutely the case that Wilson remains in denial about the pisshead culture he allowed & his side consistently bottled the big occasion.

However his CV in football also pisses all over Tinnion’s, he got a side promoted to the Prem & managed 2 teams in it.

His slightly slanted view still deserves respect.

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t dislike the new manager as such but I am highly critical of his management in terms of the decisions that he has made around selection (not picking TGH as a starter, regularly subbing Sykes at 60 minutes) and playing style (going from a counter-attacking strong defence approach to a possession-based slow build-up). It’s also clear that a number of players have lost form since his appointment (Vyner, Conway, Bell - spot the link? All former Academy players). Is that because of the loss of the previous manager and the new manager himself and his ways? It doesn’t really matter but it comes to the same thing. 

Revolution is needed when something clearly isn’t working. Evolution is far better if things are working but might need a tweak to work a little better. We have gone for the former, not because of what was happening on the field, but due to issues of control off it, and so far it’s proved to be not what we needed. Whether or not Manning can adapt his playing style to something that actually suits the players we have remains very open to question. And if he doesn’t we could be in for a very long and difficult second half of the season.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Where have I said I want him to be sacked? Oh that's right, I haven't. You're once again rewriting things to suit your narrative. 

You might be smitten with this young and progressive coach which appears to be your dream appointment, but plenty of us are not!

Ahh another one that doesn't believe people should let off steam on a forum. There's quite a lot of you around lately! Let's just shut the forum down shall we? 

Are you insinuating that I hope the new manager doesn't work out? If so that's a very unfair accusation. As I've said plenty of times, if Manning takes us to the premier league I'll personally fund a statue of him! If Manning is successful then that means we are and ill be delighted. 

Hoping a new manager can work and having concerns he won't are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to do both. You may struggle with that concept but it's not difficult. 

We've got Manning if we like it or not. Doesn't mean I or others have to stand on our seats singing his name like it seems people like you are demanding.

Have you ever had a friend who has a partner that you don't like? Or that you don't think they are suited to each other? You may not like it, but you just accept it. That's what this pretty much is. 

The solution is for Manning to rip up his style and to get us playing a style that suits the players he has inherited. The solution is to not play Bell at LWB. The solution is to play your best players and not sub them. The solution is to not overload the players with information. Pretty simple really. 

And as I’ve made quite clear to you before, I am not “smitten by my dream appointment”. I’m just willing to give the new manager a bit more time that 6 games (well, actually you were ripping into him after just 3 games I think!) 

Regarding your comment of playing Bell at wing back. Did you say the same when Pearson played Bell at wing back? Or when he played our best ever player Scott at wing back? Or indeed when Scott was being regularly subbed at 60 minutes despite being our best player. I assume you live in a world where, in 3 years as our manager, Pearson didn’t make one single substitution or team selection that you disagreed with? 

• Like 8