IGNORED

not good news for swindon town

Never to the dark side

For those that can't be bothered ...

The EFL has charged Swindon Town and majority owner Mr Clemente Morfuni with breaches of EFL Regulations, following the failure to declare a ‘Significant Interest’ share acquisition in the Club.

Mr Morfuni has been charged for a failing to disclose to the Club’s management the transfer of a 17.1% voting right shareholding to Mrs Hollie Kiely of Swinton Reds 20 Ltd in September 2022, which led to the Club breaching the requirement to disclose to the League details of any shareholder with more than 10% of voting rights and failing to update the official club website with the details for public record. 

Confirmation of the share transfer came to light following its publication at Companies House in August 2023, meaning the Club had been in breach of its obligations for the majority of the 2022/23 season. 

No charges have been issued in respect of a transfer of a 5% shareholding because that does not exceed the 10% reporting threshold in EFL Regulations.

• Thanks 1

I still think the best story regarding the inbreds was back in December when their CEO Anthony Hall while on a podcast described Swindon season tickets holders as freeloaders.

He suggested that they only buy season tickets to benefit from the free games. Nothing like getting the fan base on your side!

48 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

I still think the best story regarding the inbreds was back in December when their CEO Anthony Hall while on a podcast described Swindon season tickets holders as freeloaders.

He suggested that they only buy season tickets to benefit from the free games. Nothing like getting the fan base on your side!

Could be worse, could be Steve Lansdown. 

Here's a question. If you were an overseas investor, or UK based and fancied investing in a football club, would you choose Rovers or Swindon?

Swindon has a bigger ground footprint (I think) to develop from, big ish population, no bigger near neighbour, no rugby, potential commercial sponsors around town.

I don't know anything about them, maybe there is some reason they are where they are.

??