IGNORED

FA youth cup v Stoke

Shuffle

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

Amongst all the gloom, I went to watch the 18s to see the next generation & have to say it was a really good performance in a 3-0 win.

The best player on the pitch was Meerholz who always had time & found space. All left foot but glides past people & can understand why he’s in & around 1st team.  Very creative player. 

It was a good all round performance but shout out for Taine Anderson who looks a good player & Nelson is absolutely rapid. Not seen Billy Phillips but he was really lively. 

Too early to know who will kick on but thankfully this group look really good 

Evening Brian

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Amongst all the gloom, I went to watch the 18s to see the next generation & have to say it was a really good performance in a 3-0 win.

The best player on the pitch was Meerholz who always had time & found space. All left foot but glides past people & can understand why he’s in & around 1st team.  Very creative player. 

It was a good all round performance but shout out for Taine Anderson who looks a good player & Nelson is absolutely rapid. Not seen Billy Phillips but he was really lively. 

Thanks! Appreciate the overview. Wish the club would share some footage!

12 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Evening Brian

What a pointless comment. If you're not interested in the 18's then just ignore the thread, no need to make a snarky comment about someone sharing info about the club. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

Real shame this wasn't played at Ashton Gate, its always a great experience for academy players to get to play in stadiums but more and more clubs now seem to be choosing not to for the youth cup given you actually have to apply for exception not to play at your ground. 

28 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Thanks! Appreciate the overview. Wish the club would share some footage!

What a pointless comment. If you're not interested in the 18's then just ignore the thread, no need to make a snarky comment about someone sharing info about the club. 

Just a  little joke, poppet.

Go back to drinking the kool aid and chill out, eh?

Up the City!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was there tonight, City stopped Stoke from being able to play, it wasn’t an organised press of any kind, just really quick closing down all over the pitch. As said above, City’s no 7 is ‘very’ pacy, and Stoke’s  left back really struggled against him all evening. 
City controlled the game for 75% of the time, and looked decent all over the pitch.

Thought the referee was superb as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I was there tonight, City stopped Stoke from being able to play, it wasn’t an organised press of any kind, just really quick closing down all over the pitch. As said above, City’s no 7 is ‘very’ pacy, and Stoke’s  left back really struggled against him all evening. 
City controlled the game for 75% of the time, and looked decent all over the pitch.

Thought the referee was superb as well. 

It’s usually what happens when Cat 1 teams play teams from other categories. Different styles of play in Cat 2 and below whereas Cat 1 is usually very similar and struggles against pace and intensity if they’re not good enough to play through it 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shuffle said:

From the limited bits of Meerholz I’ve seen he reminds me of Morton for being elegant, upright on the ball, but more mobile.

For anyone interested this was the line-up:

image.thumb.jpeg.b7a9cd03fdb4e5169e0fd96d31ac4da0.jpeg

What was Duncan’s distribution like, Shuffs?

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From the limited bits of Meerholz I’ve seen he reminds me of Morton for being elegant, upright on the ball, but more mobile.

For anyone interested this was the line-up:

image.thumb.jpeg.b7a9cd03fdb4e5169e0fd96d31ac4da0.jpeg

What was Duncan’s distribution like, Shuffs?

Yes was good …. Can certainly ping it a good old distance. Have to say mostly went. long so none of this playing out from back . Bak is a unit & James was up against a small winger so as I say it was 90% long balls from him.

Meerholz is a good comparison to Morton but definitely more mobile.  Was really impressed by him. 

Edited by Shuffle
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Taine Anderson came on for the last 30 minutes in the last U21's game I saw and he looked very composed and not out of his depth at all. It's funny how some players get mentioned a lot and others seem to go under the radar, because I hadn't heard of him before that.

• Like 1