IGNORED

Happy Birthday Joe Jordan

1960maaan

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Not the 1987 Gary Smart game.

I was physically sick after that game.

Living with a couple of 15ers at the time didn't help, either !

Scabby goal, scabby win that. Scabby away following, they had just the one third of the Open End, and that wasn't exactly packed to the Mike Rafters. It's where the term the "Few" came from, their crap numbers in the 80s, until they started doing well

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

And Silvio

The first manager , and one of only a couple or so  , prior to NP who worked on the health of the Club , not just the first team .

We had no schoolboy / youth system when he took over following the crash, and he spent many evenings , and time , to drive a plan and improvement to rectify this , with our first version of an academy.

Umm not the first… surely the man before him not only worked on the health of the club but kept it alive and there’s no way Jordan would have come anywhere near Ashton Gate without Terry Cooper being here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

Umm not the first… surely the man before him not only worked on the health of the club but kept it alive and there’s no way Jordan would have come anywhere near Ashton Gate without Terry Cooper being here. 

Absolutely ,  Terry saved the Club as such by the job he did with our first team

He simply didn’t have the support m finance or facility to do anymore 

He had a submarine to stop sinking

4 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

... and @77 punk and (appropriately) Paul Simonon. Happy Birthday all!

I've only seen Paul Simonon once play a Clash track...and it wasn't for the Clash. 

It was for David Alban's band, the Good, the bad and the queen, at the Trinity. 

The lads from Massive Attack gave my mate a lift back to London that night.

Good time had that evening. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Commentator "Bristol City are on the pitch... have a massive following from uh the South Coast"

WTF

You should've read the Birmingham pink Sports Argus that day, that season (we used to pick it up on the way back from games up north), some twonk called Brian something or other, had a column, he couldn't get his head around Bristol City beating Birmingham, and Bristol City being top of the table instead of Birmingham.  

Fork knows what he makes of Luton being above Birmingham, and Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Fulham ......

55 minutes ago, Superjack said:

The reason I started truly supporting City. 

Love the bloke. 

He was always my favourite City manager, until the last one. 

How I wish we still had either of them. 

Happy Birthday, Joe! 🎉🎈🍷🍷

Why is it the “managers” always do well here compared with “head coaches”? 
More to the point, why do those running the place keep going back to head coaches??

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1