IGNORED

Tom Lockyer

Ziderarmy

21 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Could be a Stent problem, if one was fitted in the last surgery, they are very prone to misbehaving. In most cases the second stent is usually more reliable. I know a few men who have had this problem and after the refitting they have been OK, although, these men were much older and didn't play football. Anyway, I hope he makes a full recovery and can continue playing.

From what i read he has/had Atrial Fibrilation and had a ablation (small burn in the heart to stop it fluttering) done through the leg which can cure it, i am waiting for one myself, all the best to him its a crap place to be having heart problems.

• Like 1

My Dad collapsed a couple of weeks ago unexpectedly and that turned out to be a heart attack, awful to witness and I feel for anyone who saw what occurred yesterday at Bournemouth its truly frightening.  Thankfully a spell in the BRI and a stent appears to have solved the problem (hopefully).

Hope Tom makes a full recovery.

• Robin 1

Had a Heart Attack as a 36 year old whilst driving up the M4. (25 years ago....nearly to the day). A triple bypass followed but I've had no further problems since. I've been encouraged to walk about half an hour a day, but lifting heavy weights are out of the question. Having a heart attack doesn't mean "put your feet up" for the rest of your life, but it does mean you need to learn and respect your limitations 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

My Dad collapsed a couple of weeks ago unexpectedly and that turned out to be a heart attack, awful to witness and I feel for anyone who saw what occurred yesterday at Bournemouth its truly frightening.  Thankfully a spell in the BRI and a stent appears to have solved the problem (hopefully).

Hope Tom makes a full recovery.

Sorry to hear that about Ronnie Snr I hope he continues to do well

I would say to anyone over 50 don’t ignore the signals.

A little shortness of breath, mild occasional throbbing in the chest and some mild fatigue. I was and am lucky. I went to a doctor who gave me a stress test which showed nothing. I Got a second opinion because I still wasn’t sure and an emergency operation later I got four stents shoved in. 

This kind of heart problem is easily fixable, but you have to recognize your symptoms and history. Family History and smoking being the main ones. 

Over the years there have been a couple on this very forum who just dropped dead. It can happen to anyone. 

• Like 1