IGNORED

Mehmeti

GrahamC

25 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As Winston Churchill once said:

”Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

What has this to do with Mehmeti? Well, he seems to be on a journey from when he signed. He had talent and skill but little application. Gradually he’s got better, so perhaps it’s the end of the beginning of his development 

Deep

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Genuinely can’t work the bloke out.

Absolutely outstanding first half, really unlucky with the shot that hit the post & was causing them no end of problems. 8/10.

Second half a total passenger, one totally brainless bit of play in our box could have cost a goal, didn’t track his man at all, left Pring with far too much to do too often. Passes were hospital ones or too short. 3/10.

Weimann comes on, tracks his man, wins a decent number of challenges, closes down like his life depends on it, absolutely brilliant through ball to Cornick & loads of excellent team play.

Mehmeti cannot play for half a game, he needs to concentrate when we don’t have the ball or are under the cosh.

Needs to go on loan.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Lennieb said:

There's ability in there mixed with a  little bit of self doubt at moment  a run of starts would do him the world of good imo,hopefully he gets a go again against Hull.

Good summary. He deserves to keep his place in the team.

He is much better with the ball at his feet than Bell. He is clearly a confidence player and a few goals/assists would do him the world of good

17 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Needs to go on loan.

I think if we were going to do that we may as well sell. No point loaning to league 1 we know he can perform at that level. No point loaning to a rival in the champ - He's either poor and gets little game time or good and then he may as well be here. I think both NP and LM are handling it right he needs game time to get up to speed, look at players like Szmodics - just needed someone to take a chance on him at this level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Needs a goal to boost his confidence. Not surprising he was less effective (tiring) in the second half given his lack of minutes to date.

I think so too. Such a pity that shot hit the post today: a goal would have settled nerves a bit, but also given him a massive boost.

I feel that he’s being given a little more licence to drift inside under LM and that helps his game. 

I was pleased to see he started. He's got a few tricks and can go past players. He played really well first half but looked out on his feet both pysically and mentally at 50 minutes and was fast becoming a liabilty. It was clear then that Manning should've taken him off & not wait a further 10 - 15 minutes. 

• Like 1

• Admin

Was really impressed with his play today, especially in the first half 

One thing that I noticed is his balance, he seems to be heavily onto his right side. This may sound odd but take a look next game, it means he's always going to his right. 

It's almost like he can't run in a directly straight line 

• Hmmm 1

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Genuinely can’t work the bloke out.

Absolutely outstanding first half, really unlucky with the shot that hit the post & was causing them no end of problems. 8/10.

Second half a total passenger, one totally brainless bit of play in our box could have cost a goal, didn’t track his man at all, left Pring with far too much to do too often. Passes were hospital ones or too short. 3/10.

Weimann comes on, tracks his man, wins a decent number of challenges, closes down like his life depends on it, absolutely brilliant through ball to Cornick & loads of excellent team play.

Mehmeti cannot play for half a game, he needs to concentrate when we don’t have the ball or are under the cosh.

According to Neil on the pod Anis was being micro managed by LM first half but obviously couldn’t do it second half. Probably explains his second half performance.

Is it a case of most of us forgetting what "mercurial" wingers are all about? Weren't they always "great on their day"? The best ones had more on days than off, but almost all were inconsistent to some extent. 

At least when Anis loses the ball he works very hard to get it back, I can't say I remember that so much from a Mark Gavin or a Smudger Smith. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

Hung like an elephant with mumps apparently 🐘👍

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Was really impressed with his play today, especially in the first half 

One thing that I noticed is his balance, he seems to be heavily onto his right side. This may sound odd but take a look next game, it means he's always going to his right. 

It's almost like he can't run in a directly straight line 

Could be something in this??

• Haha 4

That chance where he hit the post was similar to a lot of the goals he scored for Wycombe. I think with the a run in the team he will start putting those away. With Sykes, Mehmeti, TGH and Knight we have the makings of a goalscoring midfield here for the first time in a long time (apologies for the positivity).

• Like 3