IGNORED

Steve Martin

GrahamC

Just now, MarcusX said:

Very poor but also could and probably should have been a pen by Pring at the end. He’s recklessly dived in there, we’d be raging.

Saw the replay, Pring has barely touched him, and Ballard was heading down before the contact…so basically in the act of diving.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw the replay, Pring has barely touched him, and Ballard was heading down before the contact…so basically in the act of diving.

Yep after the replay my thoughts changed… but the ref doesn’t get a replay. I was surprised it wasn’t given is what I’m saying, especially with his performance today

36 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Really poor, should probably drop down a couple of divisions.

Two things wrong with this.

1.  I've never understood why teams in the lower divisions of the EFL are any less deserving of a decent referee from those higher up the pyramid. 

2.  The referees of the PL and those who regularly referee the Championship are not better and are of the same shocking standard as their lower league colleagues. 

Whire refereeing gets harder year on year we unfortunately have the lowest standard of officials for over 50 years. Despite the introduction of high resolution imaging they continually make mistakes. 

• Like 3

Clearly another one who is totally egocentric. The taking hold of the ball a couple of times when play broke down and placing it in front of their keeper once and MOL the other time and then sprinting like usain to the centre circle was proper wierd. Swanky Audi with a personal plate in the car park too. Knob! 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m the other end of the pitch but I think he bottles the Sykes penalty because he knew he’d have to send off the defender as well . He looked shaken for a bit after that . Terrible performance 

That was my initial thought, but of course under double-jeopardy would’ve been a pen and yellow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Two things wrong with this.

1.  I've never understood why teams in the lower divisions of the EFL are any less deserving of a decent referee from those higher up the pyramid. 

Surely the best should get the best gigs. Or what would be their motivation? Sure you're the best ref in the country, but today you've got Bristol Rovers v Fleetwood. Charming.

2.  The referees of the PL and those who regularly referee the Championship are not better and are of the same shocking standard as their lower league colleagues. 

I doubt this. But you aren't tricking me into watching Da Gas to prove it.

Whire refereeing gets harder year on year we unfortunately have the lowest standard of officials for over 50 years. Despite the introduction of high resolution imaging they continually make mistakes. 

Years ago the refs were amateur and had very limited scrutiny, it's a different game now. Roger Milford ran a newsagents for Pete's sake. You can forgive him for getting a decision or two wrong at 3pm when he was probably up at 5am setting out the morning papers for the paperboys. And everyone makes mistakes.