IGNORED

Ipswich mob today

Bristol Oil Services

... had a pop at Delia. Chucked a beer can at her car as she turnt up. She is 82.

At least when we roughed up one of the Nolans in 1984 she was in the mood for the prime of life (and it was Saturday night, which was fer fighting back then), not a pensioner. Which one was it? Not Bernie. The drummer?

Anyhow, Ipswich: top team, crap mob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

... had a pop at Delia. Chucked a beer can at her car as she turnt up. She is 82.

At least when we roughed up one of the Nolans in 1984 she was in the mood for the prime of life (and it was Saturday night, which was fer fighting back then), not a pensioner. Which one was it? Not Bernie. The drummer?

They used to be (and obviously still are) a joke !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

So mob = 1 moron unless a group all held the can collectively.

Meanwhile BCFC fans are beyond reproach. No one has ever done anything against our (former) local rivals. Apart from setting fire to a stadium etc

BCFC:  top mob, crap team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

One of the strangest posts I have ever seen.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Flamin Groovy said:

Clairs?

Back in the day (spent all my clubing days in Torquay and Paignton) the clubs up from the Yacht were the 400 club opposite the Harbour then the Compass Club about 10 doors up.

Compass was the best club in Torquay it was on 3 levels,if you were into soul music it was the place to be.

First time i got through the doors and up the stairs at 17yoa Stevie Wonder Superstition was banging out and i was hooked.

Clairs opened a few years later only 200 yds up the road from Compass decent venue mind.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Back in the day (spent all my clubing days in Torquay and Paignton) the clubs up from the Yacht were the 400 club opposite the Harbour then the Compass Club about 10 doors up.

Compass was the best club in Torquay it was on 3 levels,if you were into soul music it was the place to be.

First time i got through the doors and up the stairs at 17yoa Stevie Wonder Superstition was banging out and i was hooked.

Clairs opened a few years later only 200 yds up the road from Compass decent venue mind.

3 of us stayed in Torquay when we played Plymouth, regular thing back then, we were in a bar on the Harbour and decided to go to a club. Flagged a Taxi and asked him to take us to the nearest Club. We argued for a bit, he was saying it's just around the corner, us saying we don't know the area just take us. He did and it was literally just around the corner, about 20 feet ! :facepalm:

In our defence it had been a long day on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Get your facts right for a start it wasn’t a Ipswich mob it was Mark Ashton lobbing sex pictures of Steve Lansdown,that’s why it sounded heavy 

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

I wouldn’t of remembered but as someone has stated it was probably Claire’s, i do remember it was just up the road and up a flight of stairs

I got launched out of Claire’s once by 3 bouncers - my crime was to accidentally drop my glass!! 

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

I wouldn’t of remembered but as someone has stated it was probably Claire’s, i do remember it was just up the road and up a flight of stairs

In my defence it was 40 years ago and my memory is slightly hazy, not sure how I managed to remember the Gibbon bar and the Yacht tbh, also have a very comical memory of “Little Ronnie” in Torquay harbour ( you had to be there)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

That’s deffo it Claire’s , I had some great weekends down there ,god that must of been 35-40 years ago always loads of lads from Bristol down there no matter what weekend it was , sadly Torquay is a bit of a dump now 

10 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Spent many a night in Claire’s over the summers of 89 and 90, used to spend most weekends in Torquay in late teens across the summer months

No doubt our paths would of crossed , always full of Bristol lads in Torquay around that time ,  

can always remember a lad who was called sausage ,can’t remember what he looked like or his proper name but remember him being from south Bristol somewhere , why in the hell can I remember that and not much else nowadays 😂

• Like 1

That Torquay defeat, we went on the Saturday and by then there were already media reports of numerous arrests after trouble at a night club the night before.

In retrospect I wasn't far away from the Nolan car incident, heard the 'roar' go up nearby, but didn't stop to see what was going on.

Quite a spate of car rocking/overturning post match in those days, and a van was overturned by City fans after a match at Eastville.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

16 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

What a bizarre post, genuinely can’t work out if you’re serious