IGNORED

Watford away Boxing Day - only half tickets sold

Shauntaylor85

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Come on all, thought this would sell out. Remember being there in 1997 for that huge game in December. Sold out then! Around 900 tickets still left for sale. 

Was that 97 game the 1-1 draw? Did Goater score for us?

I remember the traffic was terrible and i missed the first 5 minutes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

Boxing Day football definitely splits opinion. For some it's a tradition for others it's family time spent away from football. I fall into the second camp and just don't go home or away. 

I would go at home as its not the whole day gone. Going away is a no though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Boxing Day football definitely splits opinion. For some it's a tradition for others it's family time spent away from football. I fall into the second camp and just don't go home or away. 

Boxing Day football great if your the home team , not so good if your away 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, italian dave said:

And they probably think that spending the whole day getting to Watford and back for 90 minutes football is weird too!

Each to their own I suppose! 

Yep your right each to there own , you go round and round the centre with a placard all day Boxing Day whilst I travel to Watford have a couple beers nice bit to eat chat to like minded people endure 90 mins of tension / hell / delight we don’t know travel back for a few more drinks and no doubt the rest of the turkey & pickles 

9 minutes ago, redkev said:

Yep your right each to there own , you go round and round the centre with a placard all day Boxing Day whilst I travel to Watford have a couple beers nice bit to eat chat to like minded people endure 90 mins of tension / hell / delight we don’t know travel back for a few more drinks and no doubt the rest of the turkey & pickles 

Well, I won’t be going round Bristol with a placard: I’ll be going to Watford like you. So my take is pretty similar to yours.

But I can see that others might take a different view. And I’ve no doubt they’d describe it much like you describe our day too: a short journey to the centre, a breakfast/couple of beers and a chat with like minded people, 90 mins of walking, making their point, another drink, then back home for the turkey.

We’re probably not that different to them.

And I suspect that 90% of the country would think spending all Boxing Day doing either activity is mad! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1