IGNORED

Watford away Boxing Day - only half tickets sold

Shauntaylor85

11 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Well, I won’t be going round Bristol with a placard: I’ll be going to Watford like you. So my take is pretty similar to yours.

But I can see that others might take a different view. And I’ve no doubt they’d describe it much like you describe our day too: a short journey to the centre, a breakfast/couple of beers and a chat with like minded people, 90 mins of walking, making their point, another drink, then back home for the turkey.

We’re probably not that different to them.

And I suspect that 90% of the country would think spending all Boxing Day doing either activity is mad! 

Your probably right 👍

• Robin 1

12 hours ago, Dredd said:

Boxing Day football definitely splits opinion. For some it's a tradition for others it's family time spent away from football. I fall into the second camp and just don't go home or away. 

Must admit I haven’t been football on Boxing Day for years due to family get together every year with the bubble and squeak

13 hours ago, kit said:

We played there in 2008 I think on boxing day and dont think we were close to selling out then either. Can't find what we took there but the highlights definitely had empty seats at the front. 

I went to that one as I remember driving there - I rarely drive to games so it sticks in the memory.

Watford would normally be one of my "local" games that I would put in the calendar but being Boxing Day with no public transport then I'm not sure. If it's POTD, and family commitments permitting, I could be tempted.

Back in the 50s there were back to back matches on Christmas Day and Boxing Day that drew big crowds. Luckily it doesn’t happen now but, in the future with big TV money, a Christmas Day match might come back. Unlikely but who know when it comes to mega bucks 

19 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Playing board games, arguing, slumping in front of the telly, that sort of thing?

Sod that, I'd rather go to Watford! I am going btw, I had booked a day's leave then luckily found my workplace is closed that day now, result!

On 17/12/2023 at 09:54, Topper 123 said:

Must admit I haven’t been football on Boxing Day for years due to family get together every year with the bubble and squeak

Does it take you all day to eat bubble & squeak mines down the hatch with a nice slice of bread & butter with loads of brown Source in about 5 mins - then off to watch city 👍

• Like 1