IGNORED

Hull City at home match thread

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

WBA, Hull, Sunderland and Watford will be fighting for the last two play off places.

The rest of us are just jostling for upper mid table 

Not so sure top 6 is beyond us....tonight was pivotal and with Ross coming back and Rob too no reason with a canny signing or two we cannot kick on. All of a sudden we seem to have the right mentality in the TEAM which will be the main factor. Hopefully Anis will start being the player that was glimpsed. He is instrumental.

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2
5 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

Awful for all but 20 minutes today.  LM is a lucky man - that's two home games in a row in which we should have been beaten soundly - but somehow got 6 points!!

Absolute rubbish imo.

We weren't awful at any stage and thoroughly deserved the win tonight.

Hull are a good side which is why they're in the top 6, but they were beaten fair and square.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 12
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Absolute rubbish imo.

We weren't awful at any stage and thoroughly deserved the win tonight.

Hull are a good side which is why they're in the top 6, but they were beaten fair and square.

Totally disagree.  We were decent after the triple substitution.  Up until then it was dire.

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

Awful for all but 20 minutes today.  LM is a lucky man - that's two home games in a row in which we should have been beaten soundly - but somehow got 6 points!!

1 minute ago, Burt_ said:

Totally disagree.  We were decent after the triple substitution.  Up until then it was dire.

I dunno what some of our fans want. Hull are a decent team, and yes we rode our luck, but we had passion, energy and drive. We were the best team at the end, and yes you are right - the subs were important. How is LM lucky if he made the substitutions?

I disagree we should have been beaten "soundly". Sunderland had plenty of possession but no end product. 

We did good tonight. Happy Xmas to all

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Not so sure top 6 is beyond us....tonight was pivotal and with Ross coming back and Rob too no reason with a canny signing or two we cannot kick on. All of a sudden we seem to have the right mentality in the TEAM which will be the main factor. Hopefully Anis will start being the player that was glimpsed. He is instrumental.

For what it is worth, I have never questioned the mentality of this group of players. Quality at times of course, but not commitment.

’front foot football’ is seen as a bit of a throwaway line, but I think Manning is a bit more offensive minded than Pearson, I think the latter is to be praised for, well, the DNA of the players he brought in, with not much investment. We all hope Manning can get them to push on.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, grifty said:

Well yeah and we were better for periods of it too? But we got the win and Hull didn’t.

Thats the same with pretty much every game of football unless you’re one of the worlds best. If you’re expecting us to dominate the possession and chances for the full 90 mins, it ain’t gonna happen!

Spectacularly missed the point. Nobody is expecting 90 minutes of domination. On that 90 minutes it’s quite easy to pick the play off chasing side and the one who will be mid table without reinforcements. Spirit got us the win there, a great thing to have. Now the board need to back the Manager and allow him to add some quality to back up the mentality. That’s not a controversial view, it’s obvious just watching us.

How often do we win a game AND be in control for decent periods of it. Rarely I would suggest.

• Like 2

Just got back from the game. Great win tonight, so well done lads. I have always been pro Nige, but have to congratulate Manning.  His substitutions changed it for us and won the game.

My takeaway from the game:

• Conway's body language looked off, played poorly and deserved to be subbed. 
  • Mehmeti, looks like the player we had all hoped for. Tonight was his best performance yet imo
  • The atmosphere was fantastic and the fans deserve a lot of credit. Even the Lansdown stand joined in with the "jump around" chant dance. 
  • The team played played really poor in the first half, it felt like we were going to get hammered. 
  • Like 6

Since there is a lot of positivity this evening  (a nice problem to have) I copy below a post on the West Ham thread just in case anyone is able to help. It’s all he really wants for Christmas!!!!

I realise that it’s a long shot and it’s our problem that we are members rather than ST holders but if there is anyone who bought an extra junior ticket which they have spare I am after one under 18 ticket for the West Ham game (or any ticket). The ticket is for my 17 year old son. We live away from Bristol now so do more away games then home these days. Please message me if you can help, Merry Christmas to all my fellow City fans.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Only on OTIB can we beat two play-off contenders and some people seem angrier then before the two games 😂

Absolutely. There are some posters with an agenda. Im not happy with the way the club is run I grant you but always want us to win. These last two win are excellent and delighted. I don’t think we are play off bound as we do need work but top half finish would be a excellent achievement 😊 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1
1 minute ago, sugarwray said:

Since there is a lot of positivity this evening  (a nice problem to have) I copy below a post on the West Ham thread just in case anyone is able to help. It’s all he really wants for Christmas!!!!

I realise that it’s a long shot and it’s our problem that we are members rather than ST holders but if there is anyone who bought an extra junior ticket which they have spare I am after one under 18 ticket for the West Ham game (or any ticket). The ticket is for my 17 year old son. We live away from Bristol now so do more away games then home these days. Please message me if you can help, Merry Christmas to all my fellow City fans.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/whufc/EDP/Event/Index/1494?utm_source=whufc&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=bristolcitytickets_dec23&utm_content=ticketinfopage

If you were a West Ham fan, you would just click the link and buy a ticket in return for simply inputting a address 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

The harder we work, the "luckier" are. A terrific comeback victory and well deserved. Merry Christmas Burt.

Yes I agree. They worked hard, ran everywhere and deserved both victories on work rate alone.

Sometimes you earn a bit of luck. 

What was plain was that Mehmeti has had a bit of a renaissance and gives us a different way in the final third!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Topper 123 said:

We were good first 15 and best team all of second half so not sure what game you watched 

There was a concerning period in the second half though when we looked lacklustre and the crowd started getting agitated.  At that point Manning made the substitutions which changed the game for us.