IGNORED

Hull City at home match thread

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Agree with the first two paragraphs.

Knight is nowhere near Premier standard.............yet.

Agree about knight but people will take him off our hands and be prepared to coach him , people will see future potential there , and as soon as someone offers ££££ lansdown will be thinking about his nest egg again

Back to back home wins against two playoff contenders is brilliant. 3/4 home wins so far for Manning and probably should’ve been all 4! Need to keep giving him time.

After 3 years of slow “rebuilding” with Nige that is frustrating thing to have to do again, but I believe he’s got the right tools in the box to unlock the puzzle. 

Bring in a couple in January and getting Nahki, Mccrorie and Atkinson and we’ll be an even stronger side. Up the ******* reds! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Excellent win.

For those who slag off Max, Hull had 2 keepers tonight & both were shite.

Terrible goalkeeping for Mehmeti’s goal & the sub keeper looked absolutely shocking.

Just because Hull may have keepers who are shite, that doesnt therefore make Max any better or worse, without true competition from an experienced, commanding keeper we will not truly know his ceiling. If we truly want to kick on we will need as mentioned above, doing so will make Max a better keeper, personally Id like us to look to Europe for a keeper, get us a gert big bastard with experience.

• Hmmm 1
16 minutes ago, bredwood said:

Overall I think our performance deserved the win. When was the last time we had over 20 shots in a game?

And the penalties too! This is what the few of us not heartbroken about NP were trying to say. This is the kind of team players want to be in. Especially the young players we recruit. When we recruit in January this is the kind of side good players will want to come to and take a chance on. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
8 minutes ago, redkev said:

I have said a fair few times that this team even though it lacks the quality of others have become very hard to beat ,

I still think we are a fair bit off a top six side ( squad ) but the foundations are there , for once Lansdown back the manager and invest in this squad in January and start building rather than fxxking selling all the time ,

hate to say it but knight will be the next to get big interest , let’s hope Bournemouth don’t need any more midfielders 🙈

That’s how I see it, I think 8th is definitely towards the top of our range of league positions with the players we’ve had available through the season, but with 2 or 3 back from injury and maybe only 1 good signing, and more time to adopt Mannings style, who knows. Still think we’ll end up 12-14th but let’s see

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If these results are to be “sustainable” Manning needs backing in the window. We were still second best for periods of that game but the spirit we all know is there got us over the line. Over to the hierarchy now…..

Well yeah and we were better for periods of it too? But we got the win and Hull didn’t.

Thats the same with pretty much every game of football unless you’re one of the worlds best. If you’re expecting us to dominate the possession and chances for the full 90 mins, it ain’t gonna happen!

• Like 5