IGNORED

Bristol City’s Charlton Farm Visit

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Is this the first time the players have visited for a while ? Great to see the kids enjoyed it so much. You can never praise people who work in the care industry with kids enough . They do an amazing job as do of course the parents. 

I always say to my mrs anybody who works with mentally handicapped kids / difficult kids elderly people etc deserve every fxxking penny & more they get 

• Like 9

These are the things that restore my faith in humanity and remind me that there are more people in the world that care than those that don't. I'm always in awe of those who give so freely of their time and make a real contribution to children's lives. Quite typically Scotty was throwing himself into the cause again. 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, redkev said:

I always say to my mrs anybody who works with mentally handicapped kids / difficult kids elderly people etc deserve every fxxking penny & more they get 

My other halves boy is severely autistic . She’s done an amazing job with him . He’s residential in term time as he needs to learn life skills as much as possible . The people at the college have done an unbelievable job with him & he’s thriving . Nowhere near enough people about like them . Selfless 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, redkev said:

My daughter spent several years working in a home for adults with a variety of mental and physical health issues. These included people that couldn't even eat.They were fed through pegs in their stomach. Obviously the place was understaffed so she had to do cooking and cleaning on top of her duties. Days and night shifts.She loved it.When she wanted to buy a house with her boyfriend she couldn't get a mortgage on her earnings. She had to leave the care home and go selling home insurance over the phone as it paid more.Absolutely shocking.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Slacker said:

My daughter spent several years working in a home for adults with a variety of mental and physical health issues. These included people that couldn't even eat.They were fed through pegs in their stomach. Obviously the place was understaffed so she had to do cooking and cleaning on top of her duties. Days and night shifts.She loved it.When she wanted to buy a house with her boyfriend she couldn't get a mortgage on her earnings. She had to leave the care home and go selling home insurance over the phone as it paid more.Absolutely shocking.

That says so much about the values in this country doesn`t it? Your daughter sounds like an absolute rock.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Slacker said:

How very wrong , I hope you are very proud of your daughter, 

people like her deserve so much more 

• Like 4

Thanks for both of your replies. I am indeed proud of her.I am not one for bigging up my family but she was very good at doing a tough job that I certainly couldn't of done.It was a job that gave her a lot of purpose and satisfaction too.A real shame and I am sure there are many other similar stories. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Thanks for both of your replies. I am indeed proud of her.I am not one for bigging up my family but she was very good at doing a tough job that I certainly couldn't of done.It was a job that gave her a lot of purpose and satisfaction too.A real shame and I am sure there are many other similar stories. 

You should be very proud.

People like your daughter deserve so much more in terms of money for such important work & are inspirational.

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

That's a daughter to be proud off

• Like 1