IGNORED

The Lansdowns - What Do People Actually Want

Tim Monaghan

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

And you still don’t.....

No great shock

Great back and forth. Asked you to explain but your capacity for intelligent conversation is lacking isn’t it? It feels good to chat to such a defeated man. Hurts being so wrong about Manning doesn’t it? Maybe take a break from the forum mate and just enjoy the good times😘

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Great back and forth. Asked you to explain but your capacity for intelligent conversation is lacking isn’t it? It feels good to chat to such a defeated man. Hurts being so wrong about Manning doesn’t it? Maybe take a break from the forum mate and just enjoy the good times😘

You have no understanding let alone appreciation for the job Pearson did, but that’s hardly a shock

Too busy throwing your toys , whining and desperate to get to ‘The promised Land’ 

And Einstein ,............ please point me to a single negative post I’ve made in respect of Manning 

If you had any football understanding you’d work out who provided the excellent platform any successor would dream of

Lets see

Good Luck , clocks ticking

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

You clearly don’t know and/or understand the ownership structure before Steve created Ashton Gate Ltd.

The stadium was already potentially protected, for the benefit of Bristol City. 

Look up the accounts of Bristol City Holdings Limited and Bristol City Football Club Limited.

There was already a structure that could have protected the stadium.

Bristol City, as in the football club, not a legal entity, is no better protected now than when before Steve put in place the current more complex arrangements, 

Steve’s investment on the other hand is better protected. 

When you refer to the 100 year lease, ask yourself the question, what is the legal entity that is protected by that and what happens to the football club if that legal entity is insolvent or ceases to exist.

The fact is that Steve deliberately unraveled the 1982 constitution which prohibited any one individual owning more than 25% of Bristol City. 

Whether or not you question his motives for doing that, I think it’s reasonable to expect that he delivers an outcome which is better than Bristol City would likely have achieved anyway.

Bristol City doesn’t have that. It has Jon Lansdown running the show. 

No problem with what you say about club structure, but it the way you tried to portray it in your original post making out its something sinister that SL owns 100% of the ground. 

SL had to do away with the 25% limit as otherwise could not invested the way he has

If SL decided to sell the ground, I am sure things can be put in place to cover different eventualities and no doubt if someone bought the club relying on a lease, would need to ensure this, so really just a lot of hot air.

52 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You have no understanding let alone appreciation for the job Pearson did, but that’s hardly a shock

Too busy throwing your toys , whining and desperate to get to ‘The promised Land’ 

And Einstein ,............ please point me to a single negative post I’ve made in respect of Manning 

If you had any football understanding you’d work out who provided the excellent platform any successor would dream of

Lets see

Good Luck , clocks ticking

Yes the Lansdowns, Tinnion, NP and everyone at the club. Not NP on his own. He did the job he was supposed to do. No more and no less. I have given NP his plaudits plenty before. While recognising that we were at our limit under him. What is wrong with that? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes the Lansdowns, Tinnion, NP and everyone at the club. Not NP on his own. He did the job he was supposed to do. No more and no less. I have given NP his plaudits plenty before. While recognising that we were at our limit under him. What is wrong with that? 

Pep does the job he's supposed to do, still gets credit for it tho. 

4 hours ago, the1stknowle said:

Yeah all very fair. I don’t want to pretend I don’t have concerns or everything is rosey. And even if it all goes incredibly and we win the playoffs, I will still have problems with some of the comms around axing Nige and that whole briefing around the medical issues with the players. That was grim stuff. 

But I’ve also slowly come round to sacking Nige not being the worst footballing decision in world if they had a plan. And it seems they had a plan. I

Ive always felt on the question of this thread that Steve Lansdown gets less credit than he’s due for the good stuff and way too much vitriol for the stuff that hasn’t worked. 

And I’ve really taken against the assumption that sacking Nige and brining in Manning already belongs in the catalogue of bad Lansdown decisions just because a lot of people didn’t like it. (Def not saying you’ve ever said that on here btw). 

Ta.

Indeed, I set my stall out very early.

I was gutted to see Nige sacked, and everyone on here knows I thought Nige did a great job.  So it would have been all too easy for me to be Anti-LM, although the reality is I don’t work / think like that, so I’d never be against him.

I didn’t get too involved with all the pros and cons debate of prospective managers of rumours x y and z.  At the time I said that I could spin any manager any way, so I didn’t really bother.  

When it became pretty likely that Manning was gonna get it - it seems we knew before he did 😉😉😉 - then that’s when I really started to form a view of what he did elsewhere - although that was basically MKD and Oxford because Lommel was a big unknown.  And I already knew a bit from watching those two teams under his command.

All I wanted was an appointment that made sense / wasn’t divisive, at least from my viewpoint.  I think we got that.  This was my view in November, although still a bit angry at the time with his things happened.

image.thumb.png.65acda6550e34deaec25ab1babcf42bd.png
I’ve maintained my position, all the way through.  We aren’t at the end of December, let alone end of January yet, so no conclusions yet, but trending positive.

I still remain critical of the owner, mainly for how he’s allowed the finances to escalate.  I think he could’ve achieved what he’s achieved so far by spending much less.

• Like 2

I was all for NP going (that's not too say he didn't do a decent job) and all for the appointment of Manning, at the moment it is far, far too early to say if Manning was the right choice or not but the signs are good and he is getting something out of Memheti that NP couldn't which is like having a new player, also the style of play is generally easier on the eye, all about opinions i suppose but it really is time to consign the NP era to the history books, he'll be greatly appreciated by many on here for "steadying the ship" which is fair enough but for me i had had enough and felt he had taken us as far as he possibly could and a change was needed and possibly over-due but as i say, it's all about opinions. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TV Tom said:

I was all for NP going (that's not too say he didn't do a decent job) and all for the appointment of Manning, at the moment it is far, far too early to say if Manning was the right choice or not but the signs are good and he is getting something out of Memheti that NP couldn't which is like having a new player, also the style of play is generally easier on the eye, all about opinions i suppose but it really is time to consign the NP era to the history books, he'll be greatly appreciated by many on here for "steadying the ship" which is fair enough but for me i had had enough and felt he had taken us as far as he possibly could and a change was needed and possibly over-due but as i say, it's all about opinions. 

Fair point.
The trick the Lansdowns missed IMO is getting him to step up as a “mentor” type role to give Manning what he lacks - experience. He would also had helped develop further the academy etc. Something he was good at.

• Like 2