IGNORED

Brum v Stoke

Lanterne Rouge

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

And yet you hide it so well 😂

It's nice to see a decision born of vanity being rewarded as it should be. Nice to see the Ipswich fade continuing as well (at the time of writing).

Thanks. Yes I never labour the point or make clear my views about them do I! 🤣

Agreed. I think Ipswich should make the playoffs but top 2 is now slip

How sweet would it be to beat them in the playoffs, have stranger things happened...us on a surge to 6th or 5th, them slumping to 3rd or 4th.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks. Yes I never labour the point or make clear my views about them do I! 🤣

Agreed. I think Ipswich should make the playoffs but top 2 is now slip

How sweet would it be to beat them in the playoffs, have stranger things happened...us on a surge to 6th or 5th, them slumping to 3rd or 4th.

Yes.  Strongly fancy Southampton to hunt Ipswich down and take the 2nd auto spot.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CardiffRed said:

Every game is hard, especially away from home - we have confidence unlike Brum, but they still have quality. No complaints with a point if we get it.

Easy to forget that they outplayed us for 90 minutes earlier in the season, one of the most one-sided 0-2 defeats I’ve seen us suffer at AG. They may be all at sea as a team but they still have quality individuals. Like you say, an away point would be decent.

"Knowing he may now face an FA inquiry, Francis remained discreetly silent on any alleged involvement, but he did say: "We were taunted and abused and called cheats, though I don't know why. There was some spitting at us by home supporters. Frankly I was concerned about the amount of protection afforded us as we came off and there may be a case for thinking again about the use of barriers to screen players."

Now I reckon this was overhyped but I assume he must at least in part mean by the tunnel.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

After 2013 when we were officially and inevitably confirmed relegated v then and then the 1999 game when we were robbed by the officials of 1-3 points at a crucial stage of the relegation scrap just a point would have done it.

It would have been sweet. The 1999 one especially sticks in the mind.

The penalty that followed 90 seconds later changed the course of the game and the mood of the fans. Shaun Taylor, the dependable home captain, made what looked like an innocuous challenge on Peter Ndlovu, who, it was argued, went down too theatrically. The referee Mike Dean was well placed and had no apparent doubts. Grainger scored from the spot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The penalty that followed 90 seconds later changed the course of the game and the mood of the fans. Shaun Taylor, the dependable home captain, made what looked like an innocuous challenge on Peter Ndlovu, who, it was argued, went down too theatrically. The referee Mike Dean was well placed and had no apparent doubts. Grainger scored from the spot.

I think Akinbyi had a goal disallowed that day too albeit maybe this was correct as the report didn't mention it. Still penalty was a bit of a gamechanging moment.

No dodgy penalty perhaps we win.. see also West Brom away and the freely provided stoppage time, Sunderland at home mid February for more points snatched at the death.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 hours ago, The Masked Man said:

I'd much rather Ipswich got promoted than Leicester, Leeds or Southampton... The parachute payments make for a distorted league.

Also glad to see Luton making a fight of it in the PL. I thought Burnley would have been the ones to have done okay. 

If those three stayed down though they’d still have parachute payments next season along with three more that comes down. That’s 6 with PP at least