IGNORED

Rooney pulling out all the stops - Now Sacked

Silvio Dante

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

With us heading to St Andrews Friday, it’s bad timing that Wayner appears to have gone extreme in his motivation methods.

With that particular “motivation method” it might be a good time to be heading there!

But I must admit I’d rather Brum had had a boring 0-0 draw with Stoke! 

Reminds me of how Rodney Marsh fell out with Sir Alf Ramsey. Ramsey had picked Marsh to play for England in one of the home international matches. Before kick off in the dressing room Ramsey turned to Marsh and told him that he would be pulling him off at halftime. To which Marsh quipped that it would be nice as he only ever had a cup of tea at Manchester City.

Ramsey glared at Marsh and his opportunities with England went down the pan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Rooney is an absolute belter imo he sound so thick in his interviews and uninspiring he's living off his playing career I fully expect us to take all 3 points against then they have been terrible this season rooney looked and sounded a beaten man to me in his post man interview yesterday 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Haha 1

You could hear him hesitate on the word 'sucked', but there was no saving it 🤣

On a more serious note, they're a bit of a wounded animal at the moment. Many will be expecting us to put the nail in Rooney's coffin but wounded animals are often dangerous, we'll need to be right up for a fight on Friday.

• Like 13
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, BCFC31 said:

Rooney is an absolute belter imo he sound so thick in his interviews and uninspiring he's living off his playing career I fully expect us to take all 3 points against then they have been terrible this season rooney looked and sounded a beaten man to me in his post man interview yesterday 

Well that’s blown it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

On a more serious note, they're a bit of a wounded animal at the moment. Many will be expecting us to put the nail in Rooney's coffin but wounded animals are often dangerous, we'll need to be right up for a fight on Friday.

Many were expecting them to be relegated a few years ago and then they played us! 😂

Edited by Midred
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, BCFC31 said:

Hey Alexa - set a reminder to give BCFC31 pelters on OTIB if we lose because he tempted fate.

On a serious note - under Eustace they looked one of the best coached teams I've seen at AG this season while being defensively solid. Amazing what can happen with one braindead decision.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A point would have sent Birmingham down the way results panned out.

I've checked the table and they were 2 points ahead of Blackburn and Nottingham Forest but with an inferior goal difference.

Both of those won comfortably, we didn't even have a shot on target. Lots of possession and a number of off target shots but not one on target.

Was a biggish crowd for us at that time, was hoping we might play hard for 1999 especially.

Then there was the Diedhiou game a year on, got a 6 game ban also v Birmingham which came into effect at the start of 2018-19..allegedly spat at one of their players but I think we as a club were a bit taken aback if memory serves.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Indeed, and whilst it was a different sport and a World Cup Final to boot, a former President of Pakistan warned England to beware a wounded animal, specifically a tiger.

And he was right.

3 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

I hope you are right, can’t make it this time but have been quite a few times in recent years and never seems to go well , wounded animal etc apart hope it is different on Friday 🤞

14 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

birmingham have lost less games than we have at home, i would gladly take a point and then  beat millwall at home on new years day.

Well that's maybe because they were doing pretty well under their last manager :). I'm not saying we will beat them, but I don't think they look good defensively.

Just catching up on yesterday's highlights.

Still not counting any chickens and if anything it could make it tougher in some ways, coming out firing but Birmingham look a bit fragile, can absolutely be got at with pace and intensity.

Stoke took their goals well don't get me wrong, Vidigal his one especially was nice.

17 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Belter. No idea why people think we'll clearly win this game.

Edited by Super

16 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Completely agree, I’m not that confident not only because our recent record there is terrible but they’re going to want to put things right

Think this a real test for Manning, this is the type of game i would expect City to lose, as the expectation will probably be for us to win, we have had good results with teams in the top 10, and a 3 game win streak, while Birmingham are in freefall, getting booed off the pitch. The circumstances favour us for a win but historically we usually lose this type of game. Will be really interesting if Manning can break that trend, I'll be impressed.

• Like 4