IGNORED

Rooney pulling out all the stops - Now Sacked

Silvio Dante

17 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Don’t think they’ll be as open as Watford were. We’ll need to be patient. 

They were wide open against Leicester - piled forward in numbers and looked dangerous. But were very susceptible to a quick break. I expect more of the same, an open game with goals. Hopefully, the majority of them will be ours!

• Like 1

On 27/12/2023 at 14:33, BCFC31 said:

Rooney is an absolute belter imo he sound so thick in his interviews and uninspiring he's living off his playing career I fully expect us to take all 3 points against then they have been terrible this season rooney looked and sounded a beaten man to me in his post man interview yesterday 

Went well

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

After 15 games in charge 

What is it about top former England players can’t seem to be a successful manger?

Im thinking Gerrard and Lampard in particular 

Well after the Millwall result that news has cheered me up no end

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

A silly appointment that was never going to last, that's probably his last go at management in this country, surely no one of sane mind will appoint him?

I think that’s in a lot of ways down to him. Derby he had an impossible task and was well thought of by the fans so I wouldn’t chalk that up as a failure. DC I don’t know enough about. At Brum, he was replacing a popular manager who was progressing the side so was up against it a bit from the start - maybe tried to change too much too soon? 

Either way, his name will put him in the frame for jobs if he wants them at the lower echelons of this level or at the level below. The broader question is whether as a multimillionaire he can be bothered to have to visit places like the Memorial Ground at the level below.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As simple as, completely different skillets required.

Indeed - man management skills are as essential as tactical nouse.

From what I’ve seen of Rooney in various tv programs and other media he’s doesn’t strike me as someone I’d pay much attention to.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Also Pearson....

Pearson said that the City job would be his last in football 

• Hmmm 1

Club statement: Wayne Rooney

Birmingham City has today parted company with Manager, Wayne Rooney, and First Team Coach, Carl Robinson.

Despite their best efforts, results have not met the expectations that were made clear at the outset. Therefore, the Board feels that a change in management is in the best interests of the Football Club.

The Club’s Board and management are fully aligned and will continue to drive transformation and take bold steps to rebuild Birmingham City into the organisation its fans and community deserve.