IGNORED

Why Did We Play In Black?

Cardy

We never really play well in black & I don’t see any reason why we would have to tonight. Why would we not choose to play in red whenever possible?

From a purely personal point I find a game much easier to watch when the colours of the two teams are more contrasting than they were tonight.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

You know, I think you’re onto something. I had that failure to win due to Birmingham sitting deep and letting us have the ball when we’re better as a counter attacking team, and Anis missing two headers which should have gone in. But now I see that it’s because we wore black. And after being gubbed 3-0 wearing Red at St Andrews last season, I can’t see any holes in your logic.

Kudos sir, kudos. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You know, I think you’re onto something. I had that failure to win due to Birmingham sitting deep and letting us have the ball when we’re better as a counter attacking team, and Anis missing two headers which should have gone in. But now I see that it’s because we wore black. And after being gubbed 3-0 wearing Red at St Andrews last season, I can’t see any holes in your logic.

Kudos sir, kudos. 

Read it again what he said and I think you will know you got the end wrong stick the of

Edited by joe jordans teeth

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Kudos sir, kudos. 

It’s got nothing to do with winning or losing but ofcourse you know that and are just trying to stroke your own ego. What a hero.

34 minutes ago, Cardy said:

We never really play well in black & I don’t see any reason why we would have to tonight. Why would we not choose to play in red whenever possible?

From a purely personal point I find a game much easier to watch when the colours of the two teams are more contrasting than they were tonight.

It's slimming after one too many mince pies.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

And there was me thinking the lads got a new shirt/kit every game? 🤷

Surely we don't wash and recycle all our match worn kits? 

Pretty much as near enough all teams do. Players usually get about 6 shirts before they have to start paying for replacements if they want to give more away. 

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

It’s got nothing to do with winning or losing but ofcourse you know that and are just trying to stroke your own ego. What a hero.

Your first line: We never really play well in black

If you wanted to know why we didn’t wear red all you had to do was ask, but your first line gave exactly what you meant which was intrinsically linked to performance.. Don’t get your arse in your hand when you get pulled up on it!

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Pretty much as near enough all teams do. Players usually get about 6 shirts before they have to start paying for replacements if they want to give more away. 

I thought that was the case years ago...not now. 🤷

Seems ridiculous as they are cheap as chips from the supplier. 

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Teams play in their away kit on a regular basis when there is no colour clash. It’s due to one thing - money. Clubs want to sell as many away shirts as possible and the more they are worn the more they sell 

Of course it is,let’s not believe the Murray line of we couldn’t have time between games,this isn’t the 1920s when you had to wash clothes with hand soap 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

And there was me thinking the lads got a new shirt/kit every game? 🤷

Surely we don't wash and recycle all our match worn kits? 

What else does Scotty do? :whistle:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Cardy said:

What makes you think we “never play well in black”?

I’m sure it’s a myth about black kits being any harder to pick out, otherwise in a game of such fine margins no team would ever use them?

34 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Small percentages can make the difference- surely playing in a brighter colour is an advantage when trying to pick out a pass etc 

As soon as I saw we were in black, had a feeling we’d be slightly off it 

I think when playing in quite a dark stadium like St Andrews is then it's probably preferable to play in a brighter colour imo. 

In the winter for a night game most of the crowd are wearing dark coloured coats/jackets so playing in a dark colour isn't ideal. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think when playing in quite a dark stadium like St Andrews is then it's probably preferable to play in a brighter colour imo. 

In the winter for a night game most of the crowd are wearing dark coloured coats/jackets so playing in a dark colour isn't ideal. 

Are you taking the mick now,if your eyesight is that bad that you can’t pass because the crowd are wearing dark colours then I bloody hope these players don’t drive a car in the dark

• Confused 1