IGNORED

Line up for Millwall

1960maaan

Not much else going on , so thinking forward to Monday.
I doubt Williams will play 3 in a row, TC looked lively coming on so I am thinking they could be 2 changes. 
Bell looked ok too , but I have a feeling Manning will persevere with Mehmeti. I wonder if we might have a new name on the bench as well , would be good. 
So as I see it, the line up could be.

Screenshot2023-12-30at21_26_02.png.317d5bc5199c545befad38d0796cbaa2.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I doubt Williams will play 3 in a row, TC looked lively coming on so I am thinking they could be 2 changes. 
Bell looked ok too , but I have a feeling Manning will persevere with Mehmeti. I wonder if we might have a new name on the bench as well , would be good. 

Any name in mind :cool2:

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

So as I see it, the line up could be.

Screenshot2023-12-30at21_26_02.png.317d5bc5199c545befad38d0796cbaa2.png

Slight question…do we think LM might see Bell as right sided?  I think Andi might play the (drifting) inside left role more to LM’s liking….but that’s just me.

Could see Andi starting for Anis.

There will a decision on how he perms / rotates James, Williams and TGH.  As others have said, no real need to risk Joe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Slight question…do we think LM might see Bell as right sided?  I think Andi might play the (drifting) inside left role more to LM’s liking….but that’s just me.

Could see Andi starting for Anis.

There will a decision on how he perms / rotates James, Williams and TGH.  As others have said, no real need to risk Joe.

I thought Bell was good when he came on, don't see that we can drop Sykes for him, though I could see an early swap depending on where the game is and how Sykes is going. 
Sort of the same the other side for me. I don't see Weimann starting , yet. I think Manning will give Mehmeti a decent run, but again could be an early change then later maybe, he will swap them. Definitely gives a different threat.
We are a MF short for sure , the running that Knight, TGH James and Williams do ( specially TGH & Knight) we could do with another option to rest/rotate them. 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wells and Conway play well together and with Mehmeti, Sykes and TGH providing service should be capable causing Millwall real problems.

Rotation particularly in the engine room. TGH for Williams I reckon.

I wouldn't call that rotation tbh..

Much more likely that James will take Williams starting place.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wells and Conway play well together and with Mehmeti, Sykes and TGH providing service should be capable causing Millwall real problems.

Rotation particularly in the engine room. TGH for Williams I reckon.

We don’t play two strikers so he won’t start both imo & TGH & Williams started last two games so how can he replace him. It’s a bit late, passed your bedtime. Go on………. Off to bed with you 

Looking at this logically 

- No rotation in defence or GK - no real ability to do so

- In midfield, Anis being rotated out would be choice as he’s not played 90 last couple. Similar for TGH at Brum and Sykes is having minutes managed. Knight can’t be left out and it’s 6 days til next game so you can leave him in and rest in week. Williams in view of history 3 in a row unlikely.

- Forward NW coming back and minutes managed. Starting twice in a row unlikely.

Id be stunned if it’s not -

MOL - GT/ZV/RD/CP - MS/MJ/TGH/JK/AM - TC

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

29 minutes ago, Malago said:

He played in a practice game today, so very much doubt it.  Could be West Ham next Sunday, or more likely Preston away before we see him in the squad.

He seemed to think West Ham wasn’t beyond the bounds of possibility when asked on Robins TV, so think he’ll definitely make the squad for Preston.

James for Williams & Conway for Wells seem the likely changes on New Year’s Day.

29 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

They both started v Brum ! So how is that rotation?

🤣

Try and keep up CR…….With James, TGH and Williams all very capable midfielders Manning will rotate the three whether they start or are on the bench.

James is no spring chicken and Williams has a fairly recent history of hamstring problems so it makes perfect sense to rotate - in what order is largely irrelevant.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

Looking at how Millwall play, pretty much everything offensively comes down their right hand side. It's noticeable. 

The Club will have noted that, and will set up to negate that threat. 

Which makes me think Memehti may be hooked. 

Norton-Cuffy, strong running RWB, albeit a bit “press his head down and run”.  He will progress the ball though if we let him.  Normally lacks a bit of quality with the final ball though.

Bit of a fanfare after Joe Edwards first game (4-0 win) and the seemingly easy way they changes style to “front foot, high press, progressive, forward thinking, attacking football”, but appear to have been morphing back to type in recent games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Try and keep up CR…….With James, TGH and Williams all very capable midfielders Manning will rotate the three whether they start or are on the bench.

James is no spring chicken and Williams has a fairly recent history of hamstring problems so it makes perfect sense to rotate - in what order is largely irrelevant.

I think @CodeRed kept up very well and it’s you that’s the numpty here. No shocks there.

I quote : TGH for Willliams

On a pure, basic English level that says TGH is coming in for Williams. As they both started that patently can’t be the case. You have a point that rotating the three into two places makes sense, and if you said James for Williams then there is no issue. But you’re suggesting rotating someone out and replacing them with someone who started the last game in the same position and therefore by definition can’t be a replacement.

Youre either a troll or a moron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think @CodeRed kept up very well and it’s you that’s the numpty here. No shocks there.

I quote : TGH for Willliams

On a pure, basic English level that says TGH is coming in for Williams. As they both started that patently can’t be the case. You have a point that rotating the three into two places makes sense, and if you said James for Williams then there is no issue. But you’re suggesting rotating someone out and replacing them with someone who started the last game in the same position and therefore by definition can’t be a replacement.

Youre either a troll or a moron.

He’s actually both.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Norton-Cuffy, strong running RWB, albeit a bit “press his head down and run”.  He will progress the ball though if we let him.  Normally lacks a bit of quality with the final ball though.

Bit of a fanfare after Joe Edwards first game (4-0 win) and the seemingly easy way they changes style to “front foot, high press, progressive, forward thinking, attacking football”, but appear to have been morphing back to type in recent games.

Similar to us but worse base? Edwards maybe trying to change too much too soon and then tailoring to the squad strengths, but because those strengths aren’t as strong (but are the best they have) not seeing results?

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It kinda is.

I think what @CodeRed was saying is , if Williams & TGH started the last game and also start Vs Millwall, that ain't rotation. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought Pring stood up well against a tricky Donovan and a hard running Drameh (?) , not sure we have many options to improve us defensively in front of Pring. AM does a reasonable job at tracking , but if he's playing well he could occupy Norton-Cuffy at the other end. Not sure Weimann would be any better and Bell looks light weight in defensive situations. Dickie does a great job helping out, specially as it's his wrong side.  I hope we can exploit that space behind the WB and keep that side quiet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

It's a shame Roberts is still out this would be the ideal game for pring to play as a cb in a 3 and then Roberts as wingback to fend off Norton cuffy together. 

Albeit when we signed him, a Derby correspondent where he was in loan last year, seemed to think LWB he has played more but actually best suited to LCB..Roberts that is.

"For those unaware of Haydon Roberts, how would you describe him as a player?"

"He’s very versatile. Very aggressive and good on the ball. At Derby, it’s quite difficult to analyse him in a way because he played as a left wing-back which I don’t think is his best position, truth be told, I actually like him as a left-sided centre-half. He played there towards the back end of the season."

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

It's a shame Roberts is still out this would be the ideal game for pring to play as a cb in a 3 and then Roberts as wingback to fend off Norton cuffy together. 

Norton-Cuffy aint that good.

Watched him a few times for England u19/u20, doesn't play with his head up and has virtually no end product. Wasn't impressed by him at all. He'll be up against Pring and quite confident that Pring will come out on top.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Norton-Cuffy aint that good.

Watched him a few times for England u19/u20, doesn't play with his head up and has virtually no end product. Wasn't impressed by him at all. He'll be up against Pring and quite confident that Pring will come out on top.

Been very good recently by all accounts with good end product.  Pring will have his work cut out it seems.