IGNORED

Millwall at home match thread

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Spend some bloody money and get some quality up front. Because what we have is not fit for purpose.

Could have Haaland up front and we wouldn’t have scored today, absolutely zero supply.

Epitomised by Bell taking a great touch to beat his full back than practically fell over the ball on his next two touches and scuffed a game cross to the defender.

I think wells touched the ball about twice when he came on

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

Bless George Tanner, I think he is a better player than most give him credit for but he could be given an open goal from two yards out and would probably still pass the ball backwards...

He didn't do much wrong defensively but he really didn't do his reputation any favours in possession. Shockingly cautious, and that pass back to O'Leary in the last 10 seconds of injury time when he just needed to clip it into the box was just criminal. 

• Like 2
  • Admin
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Handbags plus a good opportunity for Millwall to waste a bit of time..

Williams needlessly pushing their guy into the advertising hoardings in injury time, lost his composure and wasted valuable time at the end of the game 

In terms of our performance and the result, that was poor, frustrating, and very disappointing.

For the second consecutive game, it was low on quality, and we never looked like scoring.

As per my half time reflections our lack of forward movement/ momentum and creativity has to be addressed.

If I’m looking for positives, there aren’t many. I thought Dickie had a very good game and Max did very well with his distribution on occasions.

Perhaps the best performance on the day was the referee, who I thought had an excellent game.

Remarkable how well we played at Watford and how poorly we played today and last time out against Birmingham. As has been said on many, many occasions consistency is key and we are horribly inconsistent.

So there goes our unbeaten run and the first chance of the season to do the double.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mozo said:

He didn't do much wrong defensively but he really didn't do his reputation any favours in possession. Shockingly cautious, and that pass back to O'Leary in the last 10 seconds of injury time when he just needed to clip it into the box was just criminal. 

I miss his robust challenges although since he got that red a while back he has eased off on them. Sensible decision but as a former stay at home right back myself I love a good cruncher!