IGNORED

Millwall at home match thread

19 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Nothing wrong with the tactics yesterday.  Given that we knew Millwall would crowd the defence, it made sense to play a patient passing game in the for an hour, and then bring on Sykes, Bell and TGH as the defence tired.  What went wrong was a) the injury to Sykes and b) several of the players didn’t play very well.

It amazes me how rarely players get criticised for simply not delivering.  I thought some individuals were shocking yesterday.  They’re professionals: they should have done better.

My only thing with that is Weimann shouldn't be playing on the wing or as a Number 10 if we are going up against a side who will sit back and not give us space. He's only useful when there is space to run into.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was signed to replace Martin, not Semenyo.

However, on Semenyo’s sale, Nige said “you can’t replace a £10m striker, there’s a reason why he cost £10m”

Surely it’s a reference to the timing not the exact transaction? 

21 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Surely it’s a reference to the timing not the exact transaction? 

Maybe.

@maxjak is right though….Senenyo and Scott are quality players, who are hugely missed.  In some ways we sacrificed some points / position last season by selling Semenyo in January, we could’ve finished top half with just one reversed result.  It’s, buts and maybes, accepted.

As for this season, whether we expected to keep Alex or not, he’s still a huge loss.  Alex and Antoine were “difference makers”.

This window will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Like 3