IGNORED

Alex Scott

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Rice, Bellingham, Phillips, Maddison, Lewis, Trent, Jones, Elliott, Gallagher, JWP, Foden, Mount, Eze.

Scott is a good player but he has serious competition.

Foden, Eze, Maddison and palmer if they go will all go as “forwards”. 

I would be absolutely mind blown if mason mount gets on the plane, class player, but the Man U move has been a disaster for him. 

Rice and Bellingham can both play in the deeper midfield roles, which probably leaves two other midfielder spots free as Bellingham Maddison and Foden can all occupy the no10 and the Euros is only a 23 man squad I think.

He would have to get in over all but one of JWP, Kalvin Phillips, Gallagher, Jones, Elliot, Rico Lewis and Hendo I think. So potentially a year too early for him but there is still a possibility especially if theirs injuries.

I happened to be at Tottenham today with a Spurs mate. Absolutely fantastic stadium!

Was disappointed Scott and Semenyo didn’t start, but both came on and made decent contributions, Scott in particular who looked his usual classy self - got his goal and had another disallowed for offside.

Spurs were actually pretty poor, Bournemouth dominated large periods of the game but wasted a lot of chances.

63D9944C-E58B-4C36-BCB1-ED8E361CE4B6.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And not a single one of them is the type of player that Scott is. Not many in the world are, hence why he's being tipped to go to the very top. 

The future England midfield will be Bellingham, Rice and Scott and I'd bet everything I have on that.

Agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Rice, Bellingham, Phillips, Maddison, Lewis, Trent, Jones, Elliott, Gallagher, JWP, Foden, Mount, Eze.

Scott is a good player but he has serious competition.

Not many CMs in that list and certainly a limited few (or one other, Rice) that can progress up the pitch like Scott

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

At 20 and 21, IMHO Cole  Palmer and Scotty are the two best young English Players in the Prem at this time?  PS.  I see little Lee's reputation as a coach/manager continue's to plummet, as he was unable to even hold down a job in League 1?    

This feels slightly premature to me after Scott's played 6 games, especially as Rico Lewis (over year younger than Scott) has featured semi-regularly for Man City, and Levi Colwill (6 months older) is playing consistent for Chelsea, as with Harvey Elliott (4 months older) for Liverpool. Plus, depending on definitions of young player, Saka is still only 22 and probably in contention for best player - young or not.

I'd argue Scott needs to stay fit and keep us his levels for the rest of the season to get to that level. As it stands, he's also (I think) yet to make an England U-21 squad.

He's made an impressive start and, if he keeps it up, he'll certainly be in that "best young English player in the division" discussion but he's yet to have an opportunity to show he can perform consistently in the Premier League over a sustained period. 

• Flames 1

22 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

This feels slightly premature to me after Scott's played 6 games, especially as Rico Lewis (over year younger than Scott) has featured semi-regularly for Man City, and Levi Colwill (6 months older) is playing consistent for Chelsea, as with Harvey Elliott (4 months older) for Liverpool. Plus, depending on definitions of young player, Saka is still only 22 and probably in contention for best player - young or not.

I'd argue Scott needs to stay fit and keep us his levels for the rest of the season to get to that level. As it stands, he's also (I think) yet to make an England U-21 squad.

He's made an impressive start and, if he keeps it up, he'll certainly be in that "best young English player in the division" discussion but he's yet to have an opportunity to show he can perform consistently in the Premier League over a sustained period. 

Maybe i should have qualified my opinion, by stating that they are young players who are NEW to the Premiership?  As the players you have referred to, have all played significantly more games at that level, and are all relatively established at their respective clubs? Saka especially, who is an outstanding talent.

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He is now for sure. The time to have gone for him would have been before his loan at Exeter. He`s going to be some player in a year or two.

Got to admit, because we have Conway I’ve not been fussed about Stansfield.  Looked decent, and a real pest at Exeter, but felt no need to suggest him, because of TC.

But he has impressed me at Birmingham.

I’ve created a new viz to compare players side by side.  More for my own uses, but thought I’d share.

image.thumb.png.420d0206607f6adcc82e97ea4358496d.png

it’s a bit draining on the eyes I’m afraid! 😉

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 10:15, 1960maaan said:

Been named in the U21 England squad .

Screenshot2024-03-15at10_14_04.png.1a2cec39cf11113f10c5426620f369e6.png

Just from an age perspective Archie Gray really stands out in this group.

What a player he is going to become in the next few seasons.

Best young talent I've seen down the Gate in a long time.

• Like 2

Scott made his first start for England U21 last night and he got 2 assists.

However the Times match report was shit. Didn't even mention him save for the ratings..However it mentioned..

Madueke, Bing-Junior, Rogers. Bynoe-Gittens.

Plus Sam Tickle as making his debut, Harvey Elliott the orchestrator, Lewis Miley injured, Mainoo, Lewis, Trafford called up to the main squad.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous