IGNORED

For those of my generation..........

downendcity

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, had one of those.  Did yours eventually start to split and the bladder start coming through, looking like it had a nasty boil! 🤣

You should have gone to A& with that! :shocking:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Whoever kicked it had to go and get it back.

Some horrible scrote lived on the side of the green where I used to play football with my cousins and had this sign on his shed wall adjoining the pitch.  

Needless to say there was no chance of getting the ball back if it went over his fence.  

We treated him to a game of Wally against his shed wall with the new ball as a thank you.  

Screenshot_20240104-142350.thumb.png.94cbeb760761a5b0827cfb67bb1510ae.png

On 03/01/2024 at 10:48, downendcity said:

Does this bring back memories of Christmas/birthday wish lists?

wembleyfootball.jpg.76dc67c987b9f9fef0aecad62c580812.jpg

As I remember it was a bit too bouncy on Oldbury Court school playground, , but stung like mad if it caught your thigh ( we all wore short trousers in those days!) on a cold day.

Also remember trying to mend with a hot knife to weld the plastic together after a puncture on the rose bushes around the play ground.

Blimey that brings back some memories!

Can still hear the ping sound of the ball when bounced on concrete - and like you say the sting of it, if it hit your thigh.

Would have been approx 1985 - me with my Chris Waddle haircut playing in a local fierce street derby- Wyvern Avenue v Heron Close (Calne).  After losing I kicked the ball in the River and watched the older Heron Close lads fishing it out.

Later that day (still pissed off) I kicked the same ball in to the road and the Chip Van ran over it - my god that made a noise, needless to say I had to do a runner!

On 03/01/2024 at 10:48, downendcity said:

Does this bring back memories of Christmas/birthday wish lists?

wembleyfootball.jpg.76dc67c987b9f9fef0aecad62c580812.jpg

As I remember it was a bit too bouncy on Oldbury Court school playground, , but stung like mad if it caught your thigh ( we all wore short trousers in those days!) on a cold day.

Also remember trying to mend with a hot knife to weld the plastic together after a puncture on the rose bushes around the play ground.

Blimey that brings back some memories!

Can still hear the ping sound of the ball when bounced on concrete - and like you say the sting of it, if it hit your thigh.

Would have been approx 1985 - me with my Chris Waddle haircut playing in a local fierce street derby- Wyvern Avenue v Heron Close (Calne).  After losing I kicked the ball in the River and watched the older Heron Close lads fishing it out.

Later that day (still pissed off) I kicked the same ball in to the road and the Chip Van ran over it - my god that made a noise, needless to say I had to do a runner!

On 03/01/2024 at 15:03, redkev said:

Isn’t that the current day match ball the gas use for home games 🙈

No,it’s got Wembley and Trophy on it,they’d all be scratching their heads wondering what they were.

10 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

On 03/01/2024 at 15:21, candygram for mongo said:

You could get a Wembley Trophy football for 1 book of green shield stamps, 
cue everyone under 50 saying WTF is green shield stamps

10 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

I drove a petrol 7.5-ton lorry in the 70s. used to get a book every time I filled up 

You must have had a lot of balls :laugh:.

• Haha 1