IGNORED

Sunderland rolling out the red carpet for the Toon Army

phantom

• Admin

Apart from the massive Cup tie on Sunday, two small North East sides are playing as well 

Due to the increased allocation Newcastle supporters will also be in the lower tier, nothing too bad in that..... But it means they have access to the Black Cats Bar. 

In their wisdom Sunderland officials have decided to add a bit of decoration to welcome their rivals. 

To say the Sunderland fan base are upset is an understatement. 

To think we had a melt down about a possible bubble machine 

20240104_190052.jpg

20240104_190047.jpg

20240104_190045.jpg

• Admin

Something else to stoke the fire, Newcastle supporters have been advised against using trains and other public transport to get to Sunderland by the local police. 

Goodness knows how they'll enforce that on the day. 

They may aswell have made it a bubble match 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Something else to stoke the fire, Newcastle supporters have been advised against using trains and other public transport to get to Sunderland by the local police. 

Goodness knows how they'll enforce that on the day. 

They may aswell have made it a bubble match 

It believe it is a bubble match. They have to travel on official coaches and only get their tickets when they arrive at the ground.

Ive once watched a Tyne Wear derby at St James Park, albeit from the Shearer bar as we couldn’t get tickets. Incredible atmosphere in the city and it was a Sunday lunchtime but immediately after all bars and clubs were open like it was peak Saturday night. Great fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A bit of a round-up of events so far..ever since the 15% allocation was announced Sunderland fans seem to have been irked.

Not in the least bit surprised they're pissed off, you want them to feel uncomfortable not welcome . 
Remember when the rumour of a bubble machine at the Gate when we played West'am last time. 
Goes to show the people in charge of (some) Clubs have no awareness.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Not in the least bit surprised they're pissed off, you want them to feel uncomfortable not welcome . 
Remember when the rumour of a bubble machine at the Gate when we played West'am last time. 
Goes to show the people in charge of (some) Clubs have no awareness.

This is far worse than that would have been, especially given the rivalry wirh those 2.

Agreed. We are quite a bit too accommodating in general really.

• Like 2

To play Devil's Advocate, I'm guessing their thinking was that it's more likely to get trashed by United fans if it's all red & white with Sunderland stuff. By putting some united stuff up, they might not trash it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

To play Devil's Advocate, I'm guessing their thinking was that it's more likely to get trashed by United fans if it's all red & white with Sunderland stuff. By putting some united stuff up, they might not trash it.

Yes apparently this was done by a company brought in by Sunderland they have used before .

Mind you this lot are based in Newcastle and clearly no one checked before hand what they were putting up !

13 hours ago, MarcusX said:

It believe it is a bubble match. They have to travel on official coaches and only get their tickets when they arrive at the ground.

Ive once watched a Tyne Wear derby at St James Park, albeit from the Shearer bar as we couldn’t get tickets. Incredible atmosphere in the city and it was a Sunday lunchtime but immediately after all bars and clubs were open like it was peak Saturday night. Great fun.

I’ve watched 2 North East derbies. On another scale compared to other derbies been to. Anyone who likes a proper football match with atmosphere, a weekend away on derby day in the North East is well worth it. Great nite life for a weekend away also.

My dear old Mum is from Gateshead (me Mam I should say) and tells a good story of a Tyne-Wear derby from the 1950s.

She is only 5ft tall so didn't see much of the game, she wore a new coat that got ruined as it rained all game and the soot in the air got washed into her coat. After the match the crush to get out meant she was lifted off her feet and carried along, losing a shoe along the way.

A bit of a sight when she got home apparently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcfcshorey said:

The reason they bent over backwards was to keep happy (££££) Newcastle supporters who had paid £600 or so a shot for ‘Corporate’

The theme of the modern game .......Money , Money , Money ....... before , and a priority above anything else

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

My dear old Mum is from Gateshead (me Mam I should say) and tells a good story of a Tyne-Wear derby from the 1950s.

She is only 5ft tall so didn't see much of the game, she wore a new coat that got ruined as it rained all game and the soot in the air got washed into her coat. After the match the crush to get out meant she was lifted off her feet and carried along, losing a shoe along the way.

A bit of a sight when she got home apparently.

Bless her....

My nan was a byker girl & was Newcastle Utd through & through..such a character & a joy ❤️

14 hours ago, phantom said:

To think we had a melt down about a possible bubble machine 

It wasn't a "possible" bubble machine. There was a bubble machine.

Might as well have given our fans a song list with the words to all the tedious cockernees' chants.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

They've got Aspall's cider on tap which isn't a bad drop so it could be worse. It could be Strongbow. Every cloud and all that....

Hmmm, on a recent visit/tour of Thatchers I'm pretty sure they said Strongbow was the preferred cider up north?

16 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

If JL & co ever agreed to do anything like this for the Sag’s, I’d personally go down the Gate and lynch them!

I'm afraid they have and the club are stricken with panic!

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 1