IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

Great second half and the replay is fully deserved: it won't be easy to replicate such a good performance at Ashton Gate, but I bet the lads will make us proud again.

Special mentions to Max (superb), Pring (did well against the worst opponent and pushed forward a lot), Conway (well taken goal) and Williams (battled well and did a brilliant assist).

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 3

Something we developed under NP that was huge today was defending set pieces. We were terrible when NP arrived and now even against Ward-Prowse you feel a confidence we can defend them well. Really strong defensive performance today. Great game! Bell much improved, Tommy with a goal, Pring looking awesome, and Max MOTM performance - wonderful stuff! COYR

• Like 14
5 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Judging by today (don't watch a lot of Prem), Bowen would be a huge miss, thought he was fantastic, off the ball to - amazing movement. 

Paqueta going off was also very helpful for us. If him and Bowen don't make the replay that would be v helpful. 

Moyes was going to give the players a few days off, but guess we may just have ****** those plans up!

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 5

Not what I was feeling after the first ten, but ended up a little disappointed not to win at the end there. Great effort with total commitment, some great shape and blocks in defence and some really sharp moves on the break. A great effort.

• Like 2

Thought we were passive and flat in the first half, second half a bit more confident and actually playing the ball forwards into good areas and running at them. 

Weimann, James and Wells subs killed our momentum but the players were tiring, I'd like to see Cornick come on earlier.

Bet Pring needs about three icebaths after the amount of running he got put through today tracking Bowen and bombing forward.

Was annoyed with how we went about the first half, gave them too much respect. They're a decent team in the Prem but they're not overloaded with creative players. We shut off the ball into JWP further up and forced him deeper and Bowen was a bit of sick of running at Pring so he drifted more inside. 

Deserved the draw and either side could have pinched it.

8 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Only got back home in time to watch the second half but we looked good for our draw. Great performance all round.

In the pot on Monday and we stand a good chance of taking this back at the Gate.

Lovely.

No, we are at the gate!

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Waffleflap said:

Watched game on Bet 365. All you could hear was city fan. Superb. So refreshing not having commentary and just having the noise of the ground. Like I was bloody there 

Watched game on Bet 365. All you could hear was city fan. Superb. So refreshing not having commentary and just having the noise of the ground. Like I was bloody there 

The commentary on ESPN was really poor, with lots of gushing over "premier league quality" and this "this we surely be LM biggest result yet as manger". Although he did say something JL would like - "Bristol City are the ones really playing front-foot football now!" 😂

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Rooting for Cornick 

Unusual substitution, as Cornick has only just come on. 

Is Rooting one of the academy lads?

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Replay is presumably Wednesday 17 Jan seeing as the Gas are hosting Norwich on the Tuesday.

Not necessarily. We've both got a replay, just because their game finished before ours I don't think that means they get the Tuesday. It might be decided by whether we are chosen for the tv, and what day they want.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Unusual substitution, as Cornick has only just come on. 

Is Rooting one of the academy lads?

In Australian slang "rooting" is a term for "horizontal folk dancing" between 2 consenting persons.

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Not necessarily. We've both got a replay, just because their game finished before ours I don't think that means they get the Tuesday. It might be decided by whether we are chosen for the tv, and what day they want.

Fair, I just looked at an app (FotMob) that was already showing their game as being on the Tuesday.

Good point about TV (although looking at the list of draws I'll be surprised if either Bristol-based game is chosen).