IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

West Ham have been allocated 3,414 tickets. And great to see their STHs only being charged £10. Assume because ours were too. Very good to see. Date provisionally set for Tues 16th Jan, 7.45pm, but could change once TV selects its ties. 

Edited by Fat Cigar
24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I didn't mind the view at all. I was in 228 so was by the corner flag. 

I've been in the top tier at Newcastle, Wembley, Mil Stad and Old Trafford and felt it was probably slightly better. 

We stood the whole game and it felt much safer to stand at thr London stadium than at any of those I mentioned. Maybe the rake isnt as steep and the rows are wider but certainly felt safer. 

I was in a part that is normally a home section and I thought it was very poor. Ashton Gates concourses are better. 

2iI I suppose it all felt very temporary because initially it was designed to be a temporary stadium and theyve had to retro fit things around that. Usually for top tiers you'd have a concourse at that level but not here because of the shite design so it was a long walk from seats to concourse. 

The concourse wasn't even really attatched to the main structure and there was a gap between the two above and this made it absolutely freezing in the concourse. 

I think West Ham have probably done the best they can do with it (apart from that gap) the problem was that when they designed the stadium, they were adamant it would not be a football stadium and would be turned into a 25k athletics stadium. 

I listened to the post match radio Bristol stuff on my drive home and I'm not afraid to say that I felt quite emotional. 

As a Bristol City fan we go through a lot of crap. Milwall NYD being an example of that. We don't get many days like this but when they do happen, it tastes all the better having gone through all the crap. 

Agree about the view. 226, so a little more central. It was OK; higher up helps and makes up a bit for the distance. Birmingham, for example, we were a few yards from the pitch, but so low down the view of the far goal was no better. 

And yes, Newcastle is way worse, Wembley, Millenium no better. All I would say is that compared to say the Olympic Stadium in Rome, there seems to be a lot of wasted space between the tiers.

The concourse was nowhere near as good as the Gate, I agree. But then the Gate is now about as good as you’ll find anywhere. My earlier comment was about comparisons with QPR. And there are certainly a lot worse than the LS. Watford, recently, springs to mind too. Even Man City is worse than the LS I thought.

West Ham have done OK with it, but I can’t feel too sorry for them about the compromises they’ve had to make. They got it for a steal. The R####s must have been green with envy.

Yep, always worth remembering that it’s days like that make all the crap days worthwhile! 

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ye then he turned round and starting chasing West Ham. They shit there selves. :laughcont:

Thank you it has been a rotten day today until I read this post. I could not stop laughing at it brilliant reply 😂

Edited by Bobby girl
  • Robin 1

Just been having a read of the 'Amber's KUMB forum and there seems to be a real feeling among their support that we 'rough housed' them. Given VAR was active for this game and we didn't have too many bookings, surely that answers their moaning and they're no longer used to a bit of physicality in the money league?

I can't say I noticed us being particularly physical, certainly not dirty as they're saying.

22 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just been having a read of the 'Amber's KUMB forum and there seems to be a real feeling among their support that we 'rough housed' them. Given VAR was active for this game and we didn't have too many bookings, surely that answers their moaning and they're no longer used to a bit of physicality in the money league?

I can't say I noticed us being particularly physical, certainly not dirty as they're saying.

The Championship is a tough league, a halfway house between the physical competitiveness of the lower leagues and strength/pace/technical ability of the Prem. How many times have our lot been accused of being bullied on here by some Northern outfit? The refereeing is 100% different in the Prem and it shows when these Prem players get tackles flying in from lower league players that wouldn’t raise an eyebrow if the same tackle was made on them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Bit disappointed we've not given you the entire away end tbh after you gave us almost 9k. OK the rules state that you should but you and the police could have opposed that on safety grounds. 

Can't really see any reason to not give you our entire away stand. That stand holds over 4k.

We could possibly fit some home fans in but with tickets being so cheap it wouldn't really make economic sense as would need extra security to do that. 

Sorry why would you want to give an increased allocation  they are entitled to 15% of capacity which is what we had. 

Makes no sense allowing the away end to have twice as many fans cheering on their team? We have had loads of threads about how we can reduce the impact.

Really don't understand why you would want more away fans in ground to watch the game instead of city fans as bound to sell out.

Sorry want the ground hostile and bouncing not some West ham love in

Took this pic yesterday of the concourse. One of the worse concourses I have been in. Although to be fair getting a half time beer and going to the toilet was OK. 

The concourse is basically a lean to that has been added on to the stadium. That gap made it incredibly cold. I guess it's needed tho as when it's warmer they need the air flow. But football is a winter sport. But then it's not a football stadium. 

Screenshot_20240108_180522_Gallery.jpg

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Sorry why would you want to give an increased allocation  they are entitled to 15% of capacity which is what we had. 

Makes no sense allowing the away end to have twice as many fans cheering on their team? We have had loads of threads about how we can reduce the impact.

Really don't understand why you would want more away fans in ground to watch the game instead of city fans as bound to sell out.

Sorry want the ground hostile and bouncing not some West ham love in

Just give them the whole Atyeo. 

On 07/01/2024 at 16:17, Curr Avon said:

Yes Rooting, is from Tooting. Cousin was nicked for looting, and received a booting. Sorry for mooting.

You had me hooting there (haven’t checked all replies; just hoping others haven’t got there before me) 🥴

On 07/01/2024 at 19:13, Pip King said:

Best Red award goes to whoever started chanting "Johnstone's Paint Trophy, you'll never win that" when they were chanting about their European success

On 07/01/2024 at 20:36, exAtyeoMax said:

A lad stood next to me did…

On 07/01/2024 at 23:37, Harry said:

That was myself. 😁👍

I don’t get to sing much these days up in the family stand, so it was nice to get that one out again 😀

11 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

seemed to be miles away from the toilets if you were in 222, I didn't want to risk it at HT!

Aha. My powers of deduction have worked out that it wasn’t me stood by you singing about the JPT, as I was in 225, not 222. So there must’ve been another chap with the same witty bants as me 🤣😁

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Great noise especially from Owers, shame I missed this, as once again the OS audio failed to work and not for the first time when we have had a cup match. I have written a damming email to Bristol Sport telling them how useless the system is and that they should do something about the fact that you are unable to report it while the match is on and have to put up with it. I may get a refund, but I won't hold my breath, as I have complained before about this and still nothing has been done,  Useless!

I share your pain mate, I too subscribe to live audio commentary and the service is very hit and miss. Worth bearing in mind though that FA cup games are not subject to the same restrictions as league games and are broadcast live on Radio Bristol online.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Aha. My powers of deduction have worked out that it wasn’t me stood by you singing about the JPT, as I was in 225, not 222. So there must’ve been another chap with the same witty bants as me 🤣😁

😂 his chant only lasted one round… he had an incredibly loud “aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr” and was very proud of it too, I couldn’t match it, and I did try 😞

• Haha 1
On 09/01/2024 at 09:33, Flamin Groovy said:

I share your pain mate, I too subscribe to live audio commentary and the service is very hit and miss. Worth bearing in mind though that FA cup games are not subject to the same restrictions as league games and are broadcast live on Radio Bristol online.

No, they are not broadcast live on Radio Bristol, this is due to contractual reasons, the same as the league games. I was in fact listening to RB live and kept the OS audio on new tab just in case they decided to switch it on, a few minutes before the game kicked off, a recorded message was transmitted stating that the commetary could not be broadcast online due to the above reasons.  The game however should have been on BBC Sounds football, but after several attempts at getting it I gave up, as I couldn't find any way to click on to the commentary. I am still awaiting a reply to my complaint, nothing unusal there either.

48 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

No, they are not broadcast live on Radio Bristol, this is due to contractual reasons, the same as the league games. I was in fact listening to RB live and kept the OS audio on new tab just in case they decided to switch it on, a few minutes before the game kicked off, a recorded message was transmitted stating that the commetary could not be broadcast online due to the above reasons.  The game however should have been on BBC Sounds football, but after several attempts at getting it I gave up, as I couldn't find any way to click on to the commentary. I am still awaiting a reply to my complaint, nothing unusal there either.

Strange that, I stand corrected. I managed to watch the game on tv but left the RB (on BBC Sounds) pre match on as a back up and it broadcast the whole game. Also listened to Norwich gas game the day before and previous city fa cup ties the same way. Sure Norn Iron started a thread yesterday complaining about OS audio of the game. Anyway the very best of luck with the complaint.

• Thanks 1