IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

I should be off to bed really.. 2:15am.. But I’m listening to a West Ham YouTuber on Hammer chat moaning like you wouldn’t believe.. In his words Bristol we’re the better team, Moyes is a manual manipulator, all their top players are now injured, Bristol bullied us all game.. Liam Manning got his tactics spot on.. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Enjoyed that, first 5-15, perhaps 20 aside. West Ham started strong, looked like it could be a bit tough early on.

2nd Half we really took it to them, think we deserved it. Conway took it very well, looked sharp.

Good performances all over the pitch really.

That second half was a step up. Loved that we didn't panic too much under pressure. Great goal, and deserved draw I thought. On reflection, I might be a upset that we didn't manage to snatch it at the end when HC put a decent ball in. And maybe we could've had a shot from that free kick. Bowen aside I think we matched them overall.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Replay is presumably Wednesday 17 Jan seeing as the Gas are hosting Norwich on the Tuesday.

I wouldn’t count chickens if I was them for that one.

Unless Liverpool and Arsenal go to a replay, our game against West Ham will be first pick for TV looking at the replays to date. We’ll play whenever the TV companies want us to, and if they want it to be Tuesday, Rovers will have to move.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fair, I just looked at an app (FotMob) that was already showing their game as being on the Tuesday.

Good point about TV (although looking at the list of draws I'll be surprised if either Bristol-based game is chosen).

Current replays are:

Everton vs. Palace

Wolves vs. Brentford

Rovers vs. Norwich

Eastleigh vs. Newport

Brum vs. Hull

Bolton vs. Luton

Blackpool vs. Forest

City vs. West Ham

I'd hope we'd be a top pick currently, especially as West Ham are the highest placed Prem team left (although that will change if Pool/Arsenal draw),  I suppose they might put Eastleigh on as a NL team but wouldn't get as good ratings.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

That second half was a step up. Loved that we didn't panic too much under pressure. Great goal, and deserved draw I thought. On reflection, I might be a upset that we didn't manage to snatch it at the end when HC put a decent ball in. And maybe we could've had a shot from that free kick. Bowen aside I think we matched them overall.

Zak should've done a lot better with that header at the end, really could've won it for us.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I wouldn’t count chickens if I was them for that one.

Unless Liverpool and Arsenal go to a replay, our game against West Ham will be first pick for TV looking at the replays to date. We’ll play whenever the TV companies want us to, and if they want it to be Tuesday, Rovers will have to move.

I'd have thought the TV companies will go for either the all-Prem tied of Wolves v Brentford or particularly Everton v Palace. BBC also love a lower league game so I think the Eastleigh match would be higher up than us.

We are one of the least attractive TV teams in the top two divisions. There's a reason Sky show us the literal bare minimum number of times each season.

I'd love us to get picked though as it would be great to watch the pundits talk about West Ham for 30 minutes before the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well done Liam and the lads. Was pretty despondent after Millwall - good to see that we still have it in us to raise our game not only in terms of sharpness and quality (Williams pinging that through ball for the goal) but also in battling - bodies on the line, throwing ourselves in front of shots etc. Determination to defend our box was good to see.

Pring really deserves amazing credit - commentator made reference to his many loans. None of us would have predicted him putting in a performance like that against a top player in Bowen a few years back.

Gutted not to be there. Great moment to savour for those able to get a ticket. Record crowd for an fa cup game at that stadium thanks to our travelling horde.

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Just a tart really

After calling me a bitch!  Anyway I not only on the Red Wine, Thatchers but now on a Voka Lemon. Great performance, just a shame no OS audio, going to make a strong complaint to the streaming and tell them how useless they are and not for the first time either.