IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

2 hours ago, whufcmat said:

If you want a West Ham forum with absolute loons try westhamonline.co.uk - basically its a nursery with our fans calling each other out. Kumb is the serious forum, WHO is an asylum!

KUMB is just a dribbling mess of  hardcore  left wing shop stewards ..train spotters... stained cardigans and cucks ...

WHO has an unique   mix of  occasional old school  legends..(one iron) .. granted the rest are mixture of degenerates and  general wrong uns...up to very intelligent assorted oddballs.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

I've watched MOTD and the Prem is definitely namby pamby these days

its deffo a premier league thing, i thought yous were physical, but nothing to moan about, its a cup tie ffs....how times change eh.

the only WHU fans moaning are the ******* that are now the norm over there.

youll do us in the replay by the way if you have that same attitude and the home support..

comfortably

Edited by normanomates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, Port Said Red said:

Just watching those highlights, Conway's goal seemed a lot faster than I remembered. It felt like it took an age for him to get a shot away. :)

Fantastic defence splitting pass from Joe, and Tommy expertly controlled it before smashing home. Joyous!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Pip King said:

Best Red award goes to whoever started chanting "Johnstone's Paint Trophy, you'll never win that" when they were chanting about their European success

That was myself. 😁👍

I don’t get to sing much these days up in the family stand, so it was nice to get that one out again 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1
32 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Fantastic defence splitting pass from Joe, and Tommy expertly controlled it before smashing home. Joyous!

Don’t think anyone has mentioned yet the flick pass to Williams from Knight(?) which was a sublime piece of skill. Bravo that man.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, redkev said:

I know what you are saying ,

But I was there back when mcinnes was in charge when they played at Upton Park and there again today , there notorious so say supporters is definitely a thing of the past from what I have seen on my last couple of visits , was there early 90s now that was intimidating very much head down and keep quiet , last couple of times pubs full of city and wandering around where you want loud and proud .

I stayed behind a bit after and had a few beers in the outside bars and spoke to a lot of West Ham fans, I then went over to Westfields and whilst waiting for the gates to open I then spoke to more West Ham fans and I've got nothing but compliments for them. 

I was full on wearing City shirt, scarf and had absolutely no problems walking around the area. Many West Ham fans stopped me to chat about the game. Most of them said that we looked like the Premier League team today. 

A few of them did say that the days of the boys on green street ripping it up have long gone and that attending a home game is like going to a shopping centre these days. These guys were proper east end geezers. 

Some of them I spoke to said they follow West Ham every where so will be able to get tickets for the replay. They ssid they are really looking forward to coming to Ashton Gate. 

3 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Toe to toe with a 6th placed premier league team who didn’t weaken their side. They also won a European cup last season. The best bit, 5 academy products in the starting XI. What a day 

I remember years ago, in our 1st ever visit to what was then the Ricoh arena in Coventry, that gave Lansdown the urge to build a new stadium because he saw what we were missing out on. 

We can only hope that today gave him a taste of Premier league football and seeing us play in huge stadiums. Same for our players too really. Maybe this will encourage him to crack open that nest egg? 

• Like 2

Deserved draw, matched them.

Well taken goal from Tommy - a one on one converted at last, that'll do him good.      :yes:

Great game from Williams again, Pring immense, not a lot got past Tanner, and Max did well especially first half.

Look forward to the replay.

Shout out to @Bristol Rob for the tickets 👍

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

I'm delighted with that performance. Across the piece I think we were the better team, and even in the first half I thought we defended well and battled to edge it in the centre third. It was only sloppiness in the final third (typically) that let us down.

Max and Pringy did well, but for me Williams was MotM (alongside Bowen). Williams imo has been a revelation this season. Following his injury shocker(s), he was totally outshone by James last season. But this season Joe looks the kind of player we originally thought we'd signed; an all action midfielder, slightly old school, but with a lot of quality. His forward passing was brilliant, exemplified by his assist. Keep going Joe!

• Like 5
Just now, mozo said:

I'm delighted with that performance. Across the piece I think we were the better team, and even in the first half I thought we defended well and battled to edge it in the centre third. It was only sloppiness in the final third (typically) that let us down.

Max and Pringy did well, but for me Williams was MotM (alongside Bowen). Williams imo has been a revelation this season. Following his injury shocker(s), he was totally outshone by James last season. But this season Joe looks the kind of player we originally thought we'd signed; an all action midfielder, slightly old school, but with a lot of quality. His forward passing was brilliant, exemplified by his assist. Keep going Joe!

I think he’s been playing well virtually all season too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cracking cup tie

Cracking second half, especially the opening 25 mins where we’re not just controlled with safe possession, but got at them and looked a real threat.

Joe Williams my MOTM, looked so at home against PL opponents after the opening 10 mins, and he put them under so much pressure.  What a pass, tekkers!

Cam Pring not far behind against a top, top, player in Bowen.

O’Leary made some great save, the one with an instinctive hand going the wrong way was probably crucial, as we settled after that.

Thought Conway came alive in last 10 mins of first half, and he took his chance very well.

Nobody played poorly today.

Safe travels all of you, gutted I couldn’t travel today as Joe still unwell.

+++++

Think ticket prices will have already been agreed, so ought to be the same…think they’re agreed per tie, not on a game by game basis.

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it Dave. Best wishes to Joe. 

Saw this on the West Ham website so certainly looks like it's already all agreed. Surprised they've not been given the full Atyeo tho. 

Nice little bonus to the coffers for us from the two games. 

Screenshot_20240108_011549_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

KUMB makes for interesting reading, especially around the value (or otherwise) of giving younger players a chance and their opportunities now seem to be bench-warmers.

Our first team squad is littered with academy graduates, most of them have benefitted from periods of time on loan to lower league clubs to aid their development.

You wonder if the salaries young players receive at some Premier league clubs closes a door on that pathway.

we strolled the FA YOUTH CUP last season...and going strong again this season

now...if your youths win the FA YOUTH CUP ? what do you think?..

moyes is a ***  and a soul sucker

Edited by normanomates
3 hours ago, CiderJar said:

View from the other end, equally crap,  but the sound is so much better...

Yes weird perspective meant you couldn’t tell which way the ball was going when it was up in the air. It was an ok stadium but hard to gauge the speed of the game when you’re so high up at the ends above the screen.