IGNORED

URGENT info for those travelling to West Ham by train

On 08/01/2024 at 07:56, skinheadface said:

Hope the old guy who had to be taken off our train due to feeling unwell is OK. 🙏🔴⚪

We were at Theale when him and his mate were looking for help, as he was on the floor. Ambulance was called but I think there was a long wait for one, but he had recovered somewhat in the time we were there. 

• Like 2

On 08/01/2024 at 08:17, alexukhc said:

Jesus Christ yesterday I tapped my bank card once for the barriers to open as didn’t have a London travel ticket, once in Liverpool Street, from Paddington rest of the time the barriers were up, got charged £15.50 looking at my bank, caaaaaants

Always tap in and out even in the barriers are open as otherwise it will charge you full price. 

In total I paid 7.80 for the entire day. I started my journey at Ealing and then made my way to the o2 and then to Stratford and then after the game back to Ealing. 

Whilst London has many faults, I can't grumble at the travel prices. 

On 08/01/2024 at 08:38, alexukhc said:

Yea I’ve just noticed that, sake, as if the Hamilton Hall spoons charging £6.60 a pint was enough

Probably because it's popular with football fans. I went to the spoons at the o2 and it was something like £5.50.

I dont know if this helps anyone, but if you had an open return Sunday - there were 2 trains cancelled late in the evening 22:15 and 23:05 - claim for this through delay repay scheme and it's over 1 hour delay so should be 100% refund on that leg, on top of the outbound leg being delayed

• Thanks 1

On 08/01/2024 at 08:17, alexukhc said:

Jesus Christ yesterday I tapped my bank card once for the barriers to open as didn’t have a London travel ticket, once in Liverpool Street, from Paddington rest of the time the barriers were up, got charged £15.50 looking at my bank, caaaaaants

You can get this refunded or corrected, you need a TFL account and log in. Usually let you off the first occurance as a mistake

We did the same going Reading to Newbury, the tap in and out only works on trains to London and we didn't realise so got a full day charge both ways when it should have been about £8 return

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You can get this refunded or corrected, you need a TFL account and log in. Usually let you off the first occurance as a mistake

We did the same going Reading to Newbury, the tap in and out only works on trains to London and we didn't realise so got a full day charge both ways when it should have been about £8 return

Yea I got £4 refund doing it that way, better than nothing 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I dont know if this helps anyone, but if you had an open return Sunday - there were 2 trains cancelled late in the evening 22:15 and 23:05 - claim for this through delay repay scheme and it's over 1 hour delay so should be 100% refund on that leg, on top of the outbound leg being delayed

I can claim this on top of the already full refund I’ve received from the 7:45 train that was over 2 hours late ? In affect I’d be making money surely that isn’t right ? 

11 hours ago, Posset red said:

I can claim this on top of the already full refund I’ve received from the 7:45 train that was over 2 hours late ? In affect I’d be making money surely that isn’t right ? 

I think 2 hours plus is full refund for your whole trip? SO if you've had that I think that's it (could be wrong, I've never had a 2 hour + delay)

Used to regularly get 30 mins to an hour, and it would only be 50% back, but if you got delayed both ways you could get 100% back

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I think 2 hours plus is full refund for your whole trip? SO if you've had that I think that's it (could be wrong, I've never had a 2 hour + delay)

Used to regularly get 30 mins to an hour, and it would only be 50% back, but if you got delayed both ways you could get 100% back

I got a full refund of £50.65 just from the outward trip from being 2 hours late if that makes sense. I wouldn’t have thought you’d be able to make another claim on top right ? Either way I’m happy enough with that