IGNORED

URGENT info for those travelling to West Ham by train

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I would change plan and drive. Plenty of places in Essex to park and get fast trains in to Stratford. Don’t rely on GWR, they are chaotic. 

Isn't the problem with a Network Rail controlled part of the infrastructure rather than a GWR issue?

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

GWR are terrible these days. I have this issue most weeks, thankfully today is a home game for me. Imagine doing what you are doing every week for a home game for 20 odd years….then you may realise why I’m a moaner! It hurts more! 

Yeah I commute into Paddington weekly from Bath and more often than not there seems to be issues... really needs sorting, such an expensive, poor service.

Good luck to everyone travelling, hopefully you aren't too delayed.

• Like 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-67905475.amp

Looks like the Elizabeth line is affected as well according to the updated info above.

Might have to get in the car instead.

1 minute ago, Bristolisredd said:

should have travelled last night like I did - people knew the trains were going to be a problem today. I have no sympathy 

Thanks, very helpful.

10 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Now saying lines are flooded on this train

if you planned on getting train and aren't on it yet don't would be my advice 

I flagged it on the other thread yesterday although am surprised they seem to have gone for a hope for the best attitude rather than having some sort of plan in place 

2 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

should have travelled last night like I did - people knew the trains were going to be a problem today. I have no sympathy 

Classy.

Seeing as GWR themselves said yesterday they would running. No need for those sort of comments to fellow supporters.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Isn't the problem with a Network Rail controlled part of the infrastructure rather than a GWR issue?

Yeah, but why let that get in the way of a moan?

Though we should probably be grateful that he hasn't blamed it on Brian Tinnion and Scott Murray.

This train malarkey , whether it be drivers , engineers or rolling stock or cabling , I’m not interested what it is .

someone needs to get hold of the whole system and sort this shite out , all they do is up the price every year 

• Like 6

Edit

Scrap this.... LIZZY LINE ALSO AFFECTED.

DRIVE to the Essex side and get the LIZZY line into Stratford from there. 

If you can get to reading (or by car somewhere before Paddington) you can get the Elizabeth line to Stratford (look for a train to Shenfield rather than Abbey Wood). 

Edited by redrob

On a 4 car train that the train manager assured me is running through to Paddington. Boarded at Didcot. Just left Reading. Despite the GWR advice being that nothing is running on this line. Not many other trains around though! Years of commuting on this route have left me sceptical about announcements. Good luck to those stuck elsewhere. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, redkev said:

This train malarkey , whether it be drivers , engineers or rolling stock or cabling , I’m not interested what it is .

someone needs to get hold of the whole system and sort this shite out , all they do is up the price every year 

Yes, but I blame it on illegal immigrants !

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

What a bellend you are.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

This is the whole problem for me with the trains, the train companies don't own or operate the tracks they run on, if they did then they would have ownership of the whole operation

58 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

Yeh cause everyone has £200 for hotels to spend, lucky you

• Like 1

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

This is the whole problem for me with the trains, the train companies don't own or operate the tracks they run on, if they did then they would have ownership of the whole operation

This country is well and truly fooked.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

My train is still on time with 3 major hold ups ahead but the train manager is expecting all 3 to be sorted before we get to them, I am on quite a late train compared to others but the first out of my town 

Just got to hope traffic not held up too much in front of us.

• Robin 1