IGNORED

URGENT info for those travelling to West Ham by train

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

With respect, West Ham won’t give a toss if City fans can’t get there for k/o time. 

Why rush to that judgement? You don’t know that. Whether they are able to or not is a different question, but they may well do their best to be considerate to the fans.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Why rush to that judgement? You don’t know that. Whether they are able to or not is a different question, but they may well do their best to be considerate to the fans.

Do games usually get held up if travelling fans are late?

1 minute ago, marmite said:

It all depends whether the police think a public safety or public order issue will be caused in this particular instance. That trumps anything the FA or West Ham or Bristol City think.

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s not whether West Ham give a toss that is relevant, with respect of course. The Metropolitan Police will be the final arbiter of what happens. They might not give a toss either but that will be their call to make not West Ham.

Match won't be delayed not in the least as tubes are finishing at 17.30. How will 62,000 fans get home

• Like 1

Trains from Reading running ok - there’s 2 Elizabeth lines an hour and I’ve just got on one. My station should be Swindon , but engineering works today so booked trains  from Newbury got a text this morning cancelling the Newbury reading leg as flooded  so changed plans and drove to Reading parked in the multistory - plenty of space 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, marmite said:

No, but that doesn’t mean West Ham don’t “give a toss”. I like to think the football family is better than that. If it was the other way around I would absolutely welcome a delay if it meant away fans didn’t miss out at great expense.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Match won't be delayed not in the least as tubes are finishing at 17.30. How will 62,000 fans get home

That’s the crunch, how will 62,000 fans get home? Those travelling to the match have left at differing times so the problems have been spread. Coming  back the problems will be concentrated into a very short time frame. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s not whether West Ham give a toss that is relevant, with respect of course. The Metropolitan Police will be the final arbiter of what happens. They might not give a toss either but that will be their call to make not West Ham.

Total crowd of around 62k. There is probably going to be about 1.5-2k affected.

I can't see it being delayed. Just a lot of people missing most of the first half.

Went to London Stadium in the summer for MLB. I reckon it'll take around 30 mins from the Elizabeth line stop at Stratford to walk to the ground.

Very busy shopping centre there as well.

Stood up all the way but the 9.15 from Temple Meads is on the way and should be at Paddington by 12. Been a joke of a journey but reading this I’m just grateful we’re looking like getting to the game. 

COYR

• Like 1