IGNORED

Telegraph Article Liam Manning

Polly

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yeah, that’s a good way of describing him and the other bold bits too.

I think (at this early stage) he rotates better than Nige.

Yeah he does. And he's rejuvinated Anis Mehmeti and got some of the best performances in a City shirt from Joe Williams. 

Still think sacking Pearson was unnecessary, but sometimes a fresh perspective can be a positive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Exactly. He's not paid to be a fascinating orator. 

With football, the proof is in the pudding: you either get results or you don't.  Plenty talk the talk; not all walk the walk.

Manning seems as aware as us fans that he is trying to get points on the board with a sparse squad and no absolutely outstanding talents - don't get me wrong, we've good players, but no more Alex Scotts

He seems quite feet-on-the-ground and sensible , and wedded to the Pearson continuity of getting an identifiable style of play; building a team rather than just coaching individuals. A team can be much more than the sum of its parts. 

Still too early for me to fully assess his impact, but I like a lot of what I see - and read. 

I don’t think I will ever take to his interview style tbh but that’s my only real issue I can find atm. He is clearly wedded to the word behaviours, however much that offends people pointing it out, but ultimately it’s a performances and results game and that’s all you can fairly judge him on. Decent start, got his tactics right yesterday, and plenty to build on imo.

• Like 1

Still too early to make my mind up regarding young Manning.

Team performance and results have been a real mixed bag thus far.

As regards his manner in interviews, well he's fine, as far as I can tell. He seems measured and reflective in his responses, which, given some of the plain idiotic phrasing of journalists questions these days, is no bad thing. 

We'll see....

I recall reading when he joined that LM has a very strong work ethic, this comment from Tommy Conway after the West Ham game reinforces just that…. 

As south Bristol slept soundly on Tuesday night, Manning was in his hotel room producing a volume for each of the 15 players who took to the field at Ashton Gate.

“The gaffer will probably be up until 3am tonight clipping the game, I’m not even joking, and then on Thursday, when we’re back in, everything we’ve done, we’ll go through 20-25 clips of mine and what we can do better,” Conway said. “When he does that for every player, you can see that you’re only ever going to get better. It’s a credit to him, he’s so hands-on, but the hard work he’s going to put in, it’s only going to get him and us to the top.‘

• Like 2