IGNORED

VAR…

Firstly, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t being used yesterday or in any cup game over the third round, but others around me said it was. Anyone confirm please.

Secondly, I hope we never have to experience VAR! The thought of not celebrating Conway’s goal yesterday until we were allowed to do so would have been a terrible experience. Granted he was onside by a mile so it wouldn’t take that long to give, but the whole moment would have been ruined. I don’t know how fans in the premier league put up with something like that on a weekly basis.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Firstly, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t being used yesterday or in any cup game over the third round, but others around me said it was. Anyone confirm please.

Secondly, I hope we never have to experience VAR! The thought of not celebrating Conway’s goal yesterday until we were allowed to do so would have been a terrible experience. Granted he was onside by a mile so it wouldn’t take that long to give, but the whole moment would have been ruined. I don’t know how fans in the premier league put up with something like that on a weekly basis.

Calvert-Lewin was sent off after a VAR check in the first game of the round. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Yes it was in use in any game taking part in a Premier League ground. Won't be in use in the replay obviously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I had some real hope VAR would check when Bowen scored. 

And then when I saw the replay I understood. He was about 25 years onside. 

He was as far onside as TC was offside for his second!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

There was no sign of the monitor though? We looked closely (or as closely as you can from the top tier!) and couldn’t see any evidence of it. 

Think this is it in the red box. 

The triangle surrounds appear slightly different (presumably not PL branded) but here's a pic from a previous trip to the London Stadium.

PXL_20240107_132426045.jpg

PXL_20210710_110813032.jpg

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I had some real hope VAR would check when Bowen scored. 

And then when I saw the replay I understood. He was about 25 years onside. 

very much so, and Pring in particular was sooo slow to respond to his run.

He continued to do the same thing, move forward then drop back into more space to receive the ball, and we kept leaving him be. i hope they pay more attention in the replay

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Think this is it in the red box. 

The triangle surrounds appear slightly different (presumably not PL branded) but here's a pic from a previous trip to the London Stadium.

PXL_20240107_132426045.jpg

PXL_20210710_110813032.jpg

Ah, thanks. Not quite where we were looking!

Can you answer the other thing that puzzled us yesterday? How the f—- do the people sat behind the massive scoreboard see anything?!

I suspect there’s something to do with perspective, and how it looks from where we were. But it looked like there’d be some seats with ‘restricted view’ meaning no view at all!!

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Ah, thanks. Not quite where we were looking!

Can you answer the other thing that puzzled us yesterday? How the f—- do the people sat behind the massive scoreboard see anything?!

I suspect there’s something to do with perspective, and how it looks from where we were. But it looked like there’d be some seats with ‘restricted view’ meaning no view at all!!

I'm guessing there must be a bit of a void between the big screen and the first row of seats there but I'm not too sure! I've been to the LS a hell of a lot from the Olympics onwards but never really paid much attention to what's behind the big screens. Next time...

• Thanks 1

On 08/01/2024 at 10:14, The Original OTIB said:

What a crap view. 

Stamp seemed to irk TGH, did not see a relpay. 

I've seen a replay and there was nothing in it. What irritated me at the time is I think the ref. booked the player who did it but for me it's either a straight red because you've seen someone stamp/kick a player on the ground or it's nothing at all so no card necessary. Issuing a yellow seemed odd.

I may have missed the actual reason for the west ham player being booked at that time.

• Like 1