IGNORED

West Ham Replay: Sold Out ๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ/Live on BBC ๐Ÿ“บ

12 hours ago, redkev said:

We were drinking in a little boozer on Hotwells road (opposite the mardyke ) not there any more , our Sunday team use to drink in there when we were that side of town obviously worked out perfectly that day think we played up Whitchurch that morning , at about 1o clock a huge forest escourt walked pass the pub not realising it was a pub I donโ€™t think there was hundreds of them no old bill either , we had a few in there who could and still can look after themselves but there was about 20 of us and had to be 300-400 of them and all proper lads . Not often I come unstuck at Ashton but was very close that day very closeย 

You play for Dingers team Kev?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Easy to say but difficult to do. To fill in the corner between the Lansdown and the Atyeo would require the media centre to be demolished and the Atyeo roof to be changed. The opposite corner is equally difficult as the Atyeo extends beyond the pitch as a result of the pitch being moved as part of the redevelopment.ย 

I must admit the media centre corner or whatever it is does seem like it's a touch overkill in terms of the space it takes up within the ground at the expense of seats. ย Not sure why they couldn't have designed it slightly differently so more seats were in that corner

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I must admit the media centre corner or whatever it is does seem like it's a touch overkill in terms of the space it takes up within the ground at the expense of seats. ย Not sure why they couldn't have designed it slightly differently so more seats were in that corner

It's just not how many seats are possible as many other factors need to be taken on board around building compliance. I.E fire systems, safe egress, lighting, extra seats may also trigger local by laws on car parks etc.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 22:14, StGeorge said:
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 
ย  ย  Event(s) Date/Time Stand Block Row Seat Type Price ย 
ย  ย  Bristol City v West Ham United 16/01/2024 19:45 South Stand S ย  ย  Senior 65+ STH ยฃ10.00 ย 
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 
ย  ย  Payment Method Amount ย 
ย  ย  Debit/Credit Card (Online) ยฃ10.00 ย 
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Delivery Method: Print@Home Ticket ย 
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Delivery Cost: ยฃ0.00 ย 
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Booking Fee(s): ยฃ0.00 ย 
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Total Cost: ยฃ10.00 ย 
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 

RESULTย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

On 09/01/2024 at 22:52, Slack said:

How did you not get a booking fee?

ย 

On 09/01/2024 at 23:06, StGeorge said:

๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

On 09/01/2024 at 23:09, Slack said:

Share with the group ...ย 

I know it's ยฃ1.50 but a booking fee for a ticket you can't opt out of it ?!ย 

Howwwww๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

On 09/01/2024 at 23:21, StGeorge said:

Wish I knew mate, just how it happened.ย ๐Ÿคซ Not complaining

No booking fee for me either, I have no idea why as I paid one for the London Stadium.ย 

I was surprised to see the issues that others had, I was out and about around 10am but I stopped in the car and booked it in about 3 minutes.ย 

The only oddity was a message I got saying that a transaction for ยฃ1 had been declined because the request was incorrect. Maybe that was the booking fee?

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Maybe its PL ready, unlike Luton who had to spend millions last summer upgrading the media area.

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It was the Plume of Feathers, our local for match days at the time. It was heaving, tell you who was in there.........Mickey Tanner, pissed as a fart !

Yes he use to play for us , top lad & funny as fxxkย 

14 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Plume of Feathers opposite Mardyke, cracking little pub, used to drink there before every home game.ย 

I was a pre match regular at the Plume for years, remember the Owd Roger in the winter. Great pub, always busy, couldnโ€™t believe it when it closed down.

For the Forest game though we were in the Tap and Barrel, kept on getting another pint in assuming it would be called off at any minute and had to run down to AG in the end.

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Steve Lansdown said sometime after the redevelopment that the corners can be filled in.ย 

The corners can be filled in but to do so would require the major work done that I said. Itโ€™s possible, but not easy and also very expensive. The cost would probably be very difficult to justify as City would require a sell-out every match to get a return on the investment

At a Senior Reds lunch Steve Lansdown also said that, at the redevelopment stage, he considered rebuilding the Atyeo. With the rebuild the capacity would have been over 30,000 but he decided against it because of the cost that would include buying the houses behind the stand. Possiblyย at some point in the future, if City are an established Premier League team, the rebuild of the Atyeo end might happenย 

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:
Edited by pongo88

Yep agreed, I too remember him saying that, but I'm not sure there would ever be a financial benefit to filling in those corners due to the sheer amount of expense. On the Lansdown side you'd probably squeeze in the equivalent of about 3/4 of a single block of seats given the building that is already there, and on the Dolman side looking at an aerial view you'd have to slice off a decent chunk of the Atyeo Stand itself to get any seats in there, as the Atyeo is still a fair bit off-centre from where we moved the pitch.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The corners can be filled in but to do so would require the major work done that I said. Itโ€™s possible, but not easy and also very expensive. The cost would probably be very difficult to justify as City would require a sell-out every match to get a return on the investment

At a Senior Reds lunch Steve Lansdown also said that, at the redevelopment stage, he considered rebuilding the Atyeo. With the rebuild the capacity would have been over 30,000 but he decided against it because of the cost that would include buying the houses behind the stand. Possiblyย at some point in the future, if City are an established Premier League team, the rebuild of the Atyeo end might happenย 

Yes you're absolutely spot on that it would be expensive. I heard that Oxfords new stadium is going to cost them upwards of 100 million!ย 

Bournemouth are going along quite nicely with their limited capacity. It seems they may be doing something about that soon but with the huge amounts of money clubs recieve from TV then really adding a few thousand seats at a time where its incredibly expensive just doesn't make much economic sense. It will take a very long time for them seats to pay for themselves.ย 

In an ideal world Steve would have been able to secure the land he now has for the sporting quarter before the redevelopment and then we could have moved the stadium over and we'd have been able to build a 35k stadium.

I've used my excellent photoshop skills to demonstrate this ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

Would have been plenty of land left over too for the arena, hotel, apartments etc.ย 

Screenshot_20240112_090558_Maps.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It was the Plume of Feathers, our local for match days at the time. It was heaving, tell you who was in there.........Mickey Tanner, pissed as a fart !

The actor Norman Bowler was a regular, used to sit in the window seat as you went in.

Just to the right of the bar was a framed match report of City beating Liverpool 1-0, in December โ€˜78 I think.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

No booking fee for me either, I have no idea why as I paid one for the London Stadium.ย 

I was surprised to see the issues that others had, I was out and about around 10am but I stopped in the car and booked it in about 3 minutes.ย 

The only oddity was a message I got saying that a transaction for ยฃ1 had been declined because the request was incorrect. Maybe that was the booking fee?

I managed to get straight through and sort mine but did automatically add the booking fee and was listed.. bizarre that some did and some didn't

5 hours ago, City oz said:

It's just not how many seats are possible as many other factors need to be taken on board around building compliance. I.E fire systems, safe egress, lighting, extra seats may also trigger local by laws on car parks etc.

Yeh I understand the process, I didn't feel I needed to clarify every caveat, it's just a general comment. ย As I said I think they could have designed this section differently to include more seats, whilst still delivering the other stuff. ย It's irrelevant anyway it's done

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was a pre match regular at the Plume for years, remember the Owd Roger in the winter. Great pub, always busy, couldnโ€™t believe it when it closed down.

For the Forest game though we were in the Tap and Barrel, kept on getting another pint in assuming it would be called off at any minute and had to run down to AG in the end.

Did they have a Pool table in the corner , possibly round. You could turn it to play your shot from the other side.

Or did I dream it, or mix it up with somewhere else.

Hotwells used to be a regular pre match pub crawl route .

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Did they have a Pool table in the corner , possibly round. You could turn it to play your shot from the other side.

Or did I dream it, or mix it up with somewhere else.

Hotwells used to be a regular pre match pub crawl route .

The only pool table I remember was upstairs.

On 11/01/2024 at 18:45, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Plume of Feathers opposite Mardyke, cracking little pub, used to drink there before every home game.ย 

Memoriesโ€ฆ.

Good pub the Plume Of Feathers. Had a couple of ding dongs in there with away fans. Was โ€œoff the radarโ€ a bit so you could get away with a bit that side of the park. The OB cottoned on after a while though. The Park was always the flash point back in the day. Rovers used to walk to AG from the Mardyke side of town for a few games so โ€œopportunities knockedโ€ a few times back in the day. Good days.

23 hours ago, redkev said:

Think they came unstuck - only team I seriously seen got fully on top was Tottenham ( the days of the donkey jacket )ย 

funny Rovers still wear themย 

Saw Tottenham comeย down to Bristol in an old 1st Div league night game. I was with my old man (RIP) as a teenage season ticket holder in the Dolman and Tottenham were everywhere.
Massive away mob. I was hooked!!!

13 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Saw Tottenham comeย down to Bristol in an old 1st Div league night game. I was with my old man (RIP) as a teenage season ticket holder in the Dolman and Tottenham were everywhere.
Massive away mob. I was hooked!!!

Toughest mob I have seen in all my years of going to the gate , they all seemed proper big blokes ,ย 

arrived on a Friday night once and paid a visit to the wheatsheaf ( think that was the name ) by Bridwell police station wasnโ€™t there myself but heard from a few good friends it got proper naughty .