IGNORED

West Ham Replay: Sold Out 🎟️/Live on BBC 📺

31 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Memories….

Good pub the Plume Of Feathers. Had a couple of ding dongs in there with away fans. Was “off the radar” a bit so you could get away with a bit that side of the park. The OB cottoned on after a while though. The Park was always the flash point back in the day. Rovers used to walk to AG from the Mardyke side of town for a few games so “opportunities knocked” a few times back in the day. Good days.

Yes always remember rovers ( sneaking ) oh I mean walking down that side of the river 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Toughest mob I have seen in all my years of going to the gate , they all seemed proper big blokes , 

arrived on a Friday night once and paid a visit to the wheatsheaf ( think that was the name ) by Bridwell police station wasn’t there myself but heard from a few good friends it got proper naughty .

I know it was all sketchy back in the day, but it did get the adrenalin going on a weekend. Bristol City was like a 2nd family in many ways - good mates I’ve known for for over 30 years. Many have passed unfortunately.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, redkev said:

Toughest mob I have seen in all my years of going to the gate , they all seemed proper big blokes , 

arrived on a Friday night once and paid a visit to the wheatsheaf ( think that was the name ) by Bridwell police station wasn’t there myself but heard from a few good friends it got proper naughty .

I remember a hole appearing in the East End crowd at a home game versus West Ham back in the old first division. In the middle was a West Ham fan. Giant of a black man with a white boiler suit and what looked like a machete in his hand. God knows how he got it in. Half a dozen old bill had to take him down. Scary 

10 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Rovers used that route for a few years but the lot I knocked about with, knew most of there lot. Only club I truly hated. 

Me too , only one local Derby , not Cardiff Swindon or anyone else Rovers only 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fisherrich said:

Rovers used that route for a few years but the lot I knocked about with, knew most of there lot. Only club I truly hated. 

Back in the '70s Rovers would joint up in town then walk to AG, they eventually gave on that when City turned up at every meeting place, after that it was a case of sneaking in through the tunnel 😂, mouthing off in the ground, then miraculously disappearing afterwards

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 19:44, harvey54 said:

I remember a hole appearing in the East End crowd at a home game versus West Ham back in the old first division. In the middle was a West Ham fan. Giant of a black man with a white boiler suit and what looked like a machete in his hand. God knows how he got it in. Half a dozen old bill had to take him down. Scary 

Blimey! I reckon that may have been their Top Boy (ICF) Cass Pennant?

12 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

West Ham fans seem very much up for this 😳

image.png.821dcd4cd65b64ec8d708b66224668ea.png

Images like this (and I include our "Ernie" robin in this too, sorry) are just the funniest things to me. They never look intimidating or anything apart from hilarious. They look like something I'd be trying to make using clipart at about 13 years old.

Just awful.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Images like this (and I include our "Ernie" robin in this too, sorry) are just the funniest things to me. They never look intimidating or anything apart from hilarious. They look like something I'd be trying to make using clipart at about 13 years old.

Just awful.

You say this but I reckon that Robin, centre, front row, looks well hard. 😬

He's such a cry baby. 

They've had 8 days off since they played us. We've had to play. I'm sure with their premier league riches they have a big enough squad to rotate if they wish. They then don't play until Sunday after this game. Wouldn't surprise me if they flew to Bristol either. 

He's just annoyed they've missed out on going to Dubai. 

The fa cup 3rd and 4th round replays should be protected at all costs in my opinion as it gives lower league fans the opportunity to have a memorable replay like I hope we have tomorrow. They already got rid of the 5th and 6th round replays. That was the compromise. 

Screenshot_20240115_101204_Samsung Internet.jpg

43 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He's such a cry baby. 

They've had 8 days off since they played us. We've had to play. I'm sure with their premier league riches they have a big enough squad to rotate if they wish. They then don't play until Sunday after this game. Wouldn't surprise me if they flew to Bristol either. 

The fa cup 3rd and 4th round replays should be protected at all costs in my opinion as it gives lower league fans the opportunity to have a memorable replay like I hope we have tomorrow. They already got rid of the 5th and 6th round replays. That was the compromise. 

Poor lad; my heart breaks for him. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He's such a cry baby. 

He's got a nice couple of days at Cadbury Hotel, don't know what he is worried about

Selling a single ticket for tomorrow as I can no longer attend if anyone is interested (face value of course - £25)  - Lansdown Lower - W12. Message me if interested - sorry mods, please move if more appropriate, couldn't see another thread on tickets for tomorrow!