IGNORED

Today's under 21 game

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

Idehen, Taylor-C, Pearson and Kadji despite all being young feel like “blasts from the past” to me. Wonder whether any of them have a future here? 

If they haven't then it says something about academy and pathway to first team. How many actually making it?

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Redhed123 said:

If they haven't then it says something about academy and pathway to first team. How many actually making it?

Not really. Getting the chance is one thing, proving you're up to it is quite another.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Redhed123 said:

Pathway been blocked or not reached level expected of them

But you said it said something about the "academy and pathway". Now it may be something about the individual themselves? 

Not sure the fact that not 100% of academy players will make it to the first team is a revelation. Not a single academy on the planet will achieve that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Redhed123 said:

Pathway been blocked or not reached level expected of them

We can accuse the club of many things but as it stands you can’t say any pathways are blocked.   I would like to know more about why Yeboah has been dropped in due time though and what is going on there (guessing he is currently injured going by team sheet today)

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

ROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

And Bajic, King and Nahki getting some minutes too!

Are we going all Oasis on our Scottish defender?

Need a little time to wake up

Need a little time to wake up, wake up

Need a little to rest your mind

You know you should, so I guess you might as well

What's the story, Ross McCrorie?

Well?

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Quality from Nahki and King.

I know both could do with some minutes but plenty of senior pros coming towards the end of their careers would think an u-21s game beneath them, and rule themselves out of playing.

These two not only make themselves available but relish playing alongside the youngsters, and help out with their development.

We're very lucky to have both. Class acts. 

Totally agree , I always new Andy King was a top bloke / team member what ever you want to call it , but I must admit for his first part of his time here I was really disappointed with Wells , always looked miserable didn’t look like he put the effort in etc etc how wrong I was seems to work well with the youngsters has proven himself even when not scoring puts a shift in and as Pearson said puts himself up for these u21 matches , always seems to celebrate with the scorer especially Tommy , even when Wells is sub 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Are we going all Oasis on our Scottish defender?

Need a little time to wake up

Need a little time to wake up, wake up

Need a little to rest your mind

You know you should, so I guess you might as well

What's the story, Ross McCrorie?

Well?

Surely the Balamory theme tune would be easier and quicker!

What's the story, Ross McCrorie,

Isn't he good to go!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought that Idehen was released before Xmas? Ah well, maybe shop window for him? Araoye Captain in that line up is interesting, but could also be a way of getting him into the thoughts of some scout's looking for loans.

No one is released until their contract is up.

Think a few of these are free to go if they can get fixed up though.

• Thanks 2

For me this is where the club falls down on the PR front.  We’re all keen to see Ross in action.  In the great scheme of things it would cost buttons to provide pictures via RTV.  But no, the PR dept fast asleep.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Malago said:

For me this is where the club falls down on the PR front.  We’re all keen to see Ross in action.  In the great scheme of things it would cost buttons to provide pictures via RTV.  But no, the PR dept fast asleep.

Really?

Strange! I'm happy to wait until he is considered fit/good enough to appear in the first team 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I think he has a knock? 

I thought Nelson might get some minutes, maybe Manning feels he will benefit from 1st team training more?

Yeboah played for the 18s yesterday so I heard 

• Thanks 3
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Redhed123 said:

Think it says they must just might not be good enough. Both Morrell and Towler were moved on. Morrell took a while to find a place eventually with Pompey and Towler warning the bench. You have to trust that coaches know more than we do.