IGNORED

Today's under 21 game

19 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Yeboah back in the 18s full time, not even close to the first team squad as it stands, and apparently very poor in the 18s match. Changing managers can have such an impact on players, both positive and negative, but sounds like his temperament will be tested  

Yet he was in the 1st team squad against Brum and Millwall

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Yeboah’s inclusion in the first team squad was always NP making a point that he wasn’t backed financially. Yeboah never looked ready for senior football.

Let’s hope he can push on from this and develop in the right way and we see him back around the first team in a year or two.

I think I would be more inclined to believe that if Nige hadn’t brought him on as a sub 9 times.

Some of those who have been on the bench but never got on might be in that category (Nelson, Araoye, Backwell) maybe, but can’t think he would be putting someone on the pitch that often if that was the case.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I think I would be more inclined to believe that if Nige hadn’t brought him on as a sub 9 times.

Some of those who have been on the bench but never got on might be in that category (Nelson, Araoye, Backwell) maybe, but can’t think he would be putting someone on the pitch that often if that was the case.

I agree with the poster on this, he may have got on but all he did was bump into people and pick up needless yellow cards

I can only recall one positive interaction and that was a chase back and tackle!

• Confused 4
  • Hmmm 2

20 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Yeboah’s inclusion in the first team squad was always NP making a point that he wasn’t backed financially. Yeboah never looked ready for senior football.

Let’s hope he can push on from this and develop in the right way and we see him back around the first team in a year or two.

But NP had a point to make, our squad wasn't and still isnt strong enough and we have to fill the bench with young players that should be on loan as they are not quite ready for the championship. The owners should have realised this and backed him in the summer LM only put 8 on the bench agaist WHU perhaps hes trying to make the same point ;)

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Have to agree that I thought Yeboah didn’t look ready . Just understanding the game itself he looked off it. Hopefully he’ll come back . Doesn’t hurt to take him out of the squad for a while . 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Have to agree that I thought Yeboah didn’t look ready . Just understanding the game itself he looked off it. Hopefully he’ll come back . Doesn’t hurt to take him out of the squad for a while . 

Indeed. And "understanding the game" is essential if you appoint a technical, tactical, modern style coach

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ah, the youngster came on as sub did he?

Yes, got about 30 minutes.

Nice turn by Hooper

Good composure by the 17-year-old with pressure on him. he spins away and plays a pass down the line.

86JAMES PIERCY

Some good passes by Hooper

Looks very comfortable on the ball.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought that Idehen was released before Xmas? Ah well, maybe shop window for him? Araoye Captain in that line up is interesting, but could also be a way of getting him into the thoughts of some scout's looking for loans.

A fair number have already been told their futures lie elsewhere. 

Captaincy has been moved around since Backwell got injured against Sunderland who was named 21s skipper a couple of days before that game. 

McCrorie looked a little rusty (as you would expect) first 15/20 mins. After that very good. Strong, committed - really powerful going forward with very good delivery and shirks nothing. Good on the ball too (for a big lad!)! Put a real shift in. GT will have his work cut out once RM is fully match fit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1

6 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Hoping to see Murphy on that team sheet soon!

Any reason why he wasnt? 

13 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

The lack of any sort of forward runs is my biggest criticism of Tanner (who I am otherwise a big fan of) so this is very encouraging to hear.

This has been discussed plenty but getting forward isn't really Tanners game. He's not a Kyle Walker. He's a defender. 

From what ive seen he tends to slot in at rcb whilst Pring is the one to get forward. 

If Tanner is told to not make forward runs, then I'm not sure we can criticise him for that? 

With RM soon to be back it could be that Pring is instructed to tuck in at lcb as RM gets forward. Or they alternate. It gives good options. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Any reason why he wasnt? 

This has been discussed plenty but getting forward isn't really Tanners game. He's not a Kyle Walker. He's a defender. 

From what ive seen he tends to slot in at rcb whilst Pring is the one to get forward. 

If Tanner is told to not make forward runs, then I'm not sure we can criticise him for that? 

With RM soon to be back it could be that Pring is instructed to tuck in at lcb as RM gets forward. Or they alternate. It gives good options. 

Re Murphy, Manning said last week he’s got a lot of (paraphrased) physical / fitness work to do first.  I don’t think it should be underestimated the difference in the levels required

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Re Murphy, Manning said last week he’s got a lot of (paraphrased) physical / fitness work to do first.  I don’t think it should be underestimated the difference in the levels required

Plus he hasn't played since the middle of November.

36 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Any reason why he wasnt? 

Well yes, as I said, I'm a fan of his, and not a criticism as such, but the fact is that he doesn't make forward runs (whether instructed to or not), which is something that I love to see from a full back, hence why I'm excited to see McCrorie play.

7 hours ago, westonred said:

But NP had a point to make, our squad wasn't and still isnt strong enough and we have to fill the bench with young players that should be on loan as they are not quite ready for the championship. The owners should have realised this and backed him in the summer LM only put 8 on the bench agaist WHU perhaps hes trying to make the same point ;)

Yes this is a good  point. NP wanted more strength in squad numbers and really these youngsters on  the bench would be better served being on loan. Does LM's benches suggest he is showing the same as thing as NP's did? Bit early in LMs time to show decent you would of thought . 

10 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes this is a good  point. NP wanted more strength in squad numbers and really these youngsters on  the bench would be better served being on loan. Does LM's benches suggest he is showing the same as thing as NP's did? Bit early in LMs time to show decent you would of thought . 

I assume that is a typo and you meant "dissent"? There is more than one way to skin a cat. Nige has chosen one way (stick young un's not ready on the bench and get them on the pitch), Liam another (only stick players who are up to it on the bench and if the bench is not filled so be it). Both are entirely reasonable courses of action imo and sending exactly the same message. I don't call it "dissent" to make a perfectly valid point to the hierarchy that new bodies are required in the building, however if the powers that be are sensitive enough to deem it as "dissent" to their authority then we all know what will happen to Liam in due course......

Our current and previous Manager have both encountered this unhelpful situation, which any sane person would accept reasonably affects "our chances of success", due to the incompetence of the hierarchy over a long period. Obviously Liam cannot point that out so he has to give some sort of hint that he needs new bodies in the building. He would be failing HIMSELF if he didn't.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I assume that is a typo and you meant "dissent"? There is more than one way to skin a cat. Nige has chosen one way (stick young un's not ready on the bench and get them on the pitch), Liam another (only stick players who are up to it on the bench and if the bench is not filled so be it). Both are entirely reasonable courses of action imo and sending exactly the same message. I don't call it "dissent" to make a perfectly valid point to the hierarchy that new bodies are required in the building, however if the powers that be are sensitive enough to deem it as "dissent" to their authority then we all know what will happen to Liam in due course......

Our current and previous Manager have both encountered this unhelpful situation, which any sane person would accept reasonably affects "our chances of success", due to the incompetence of the hierarchy over a long period. Obviously Liam cannot point that out so he has to give some sort of hint that he needs new bodies in the building. He would be failing HIMSELF if he didn't.

Yes typo 

dissent*