IGNORED

Forever Bristol City Podcast - WEST HAM [A] the verdict ..... City, you did us proud

Curr Avon

DaveP, Mark & Ian discuss a thrilling encounter where City put two poor performances behind them in matching West Ham in all areas of the pitch and bring David Moyes side back to Ashton Gate for a hotly anticipated replay.

Conway's strike from a superb Williams pass was class as were a couple of MOL saves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tell you something, I'd rather listen to this one than the official club 3 peeps!

To here them saying to Conway how he is growing into the lone striker role mad me feel a little sick! He's not and is miles better with someone else up top with him, it's clear to see for everyone

Keep up the good pods guys and leave the sniffling up to others!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

What’s with the constant digs @ the 3PIAP pod? @headhunter

I'll give my perspective on this. 

They are very much 'in' with the club and therefore their opinions may not be as independent as you would like on a podcast. For example they seemed quite desperate to get Conway to criticise the previous regime and praise the current regime. 

Due to how they have positioned themselves within the club there is always a reluctance from them to call the club out on things because they don't want to lose the perks they get such as being able to get the likes on Conway on their pod. 

Whilst on the other pod Ian is a bit of an idiot at least the opinions are independent and they are not afraid to call the club out on things. Personally I respect people who do that. 

You won't ever hear any controversial opinions on 3piap in my opinion. Probably the furthest they will ever go is criticising team selections and performances but anything to do with the running of the club they won't say anything controversial. They do like to keep making passive digs at Pearson tho which probably earns a few more gold stars. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They are very much 'in' with the club and therefore their opinions may not be as independent as you would like on a podcast. For example they seemed quite desperate to get Conway to criticise the previous regime and praise the current regime. 

Due to how they have positioned themselves within the club there is always a reluctance from them to call the club out on things because they don't want to lose the perks they get such as being able to get the likes on Conway on their pod. 

Whilst on the other pod Ian is a bit of an idiot at least the opinions are independent and they are not afraid to call the club out on things. Personally I respect people who do that. 

You won't ever hear any controversial opinions on 3piap in my opinion. Probably the furthest they will ever go is criticising team selections and performances but anything to do with the running of the club they won't say anything controversial. They do like to keep making passive digs at Pearson tho which probably earns a few more gold stars. 

I understand they lean towards the club, however the constant jibes are pretty pathetic. There have been passive digs at Pearson on FBC.

Plus, Ian Gay has a direct line to both Steve and Jon doesn’t he? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Absolutely nailed it in my opinion.

In the relative absence of OSIB, FBC is my favourite podcast now. They’ve pretty much sorted the audio issues that plagued it in the early days and put out some really well balanced content. They also aren’t afraid to ask the challenging questions of the club and have a very good finger on the pulse of fan opinion. I don’t agree with a lot of it, especially Ian Gay, but  that’s great as it has differing views. At least Ian says it how he sees it, and it’s not sugar coated. 

3 Peaps is unlistenable for me now. Their lack of balanced observation let alone critique of the club, particularly Lansdown, is jarring and apart from the Robins Reunited interviews (which are good TBF) it’s like listening to a RobinsTV echo chamber. 

I think the FBC teams fiercely independent stance is what makes it stand out and a must listen for me these days. Well done lads! 

@Curr Avon @headhunter

Edited by One Team
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That’s all true but how does that affect FBC?

I bet they won’t be as fiercely independent and outspoken if they get there interviews with Marshall and Tinnion.

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I bet they won’t be as fiercely independent and outspoken if they get there interviews with Marshall and Tinnion.

Would be great if they interview them and ask some difficult questions but surely the club (JL) agreeing was just paying 'lip service' to Ian's request.

Hope im wrong though.

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Because it seems people would rather listen to independent fans opinions. 

You've made a scenario up in your head and you're using that made up scenario as a stick to beat FBC with? How bizarre. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

@headhunter have you ever considered doing previews of a match like lots of other pods do? Invite opposition fans on etc? 

I think there is a bit of a gap in the market for that. Your pod generally comes out on a Sunday or a Monday and then there is sound of the City on the Monday Evening and then if there isn't a midweek game then there is nothing available really. 

I remember listening to radio Bristol on Friday nights in the past as they had a show then until they changed it all. 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

@headhunter have you ever considered doing previews of a match like lots of other pods do? Invite opposition fans on etc? 

I think there is a bit of a gap in the market for that. Your pod generally comes out on a Sunday or a Monday and then there is sound of the City on the Monday Evening and then if there isn't a midweek game then there is nothing available really. 

I remember listening to radio Bristol on Friday nights in the past as they had a show then until they changed it all. 

The issue with pre-match pods are that they aren’t post-match pods! 😉

I know that sounds like a stupid comment, but it’s the post-match talking points that generate interest from listeners.

Okay, you’ll get a bit of discussion about possible team selection, and Ian will give his “analytical view”, which comprises his reading out the opposition’s WDL Pts from their last 6 games either home or away (whichever is relevant) and compare it to ours.  He’ll look at how many shots they had in their last match and deduce their playing style from that.  He already does that at the end of the post-March pod.

Out of interest, what would you include on top of that?

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

@headhunter

Dave,

I came across this pod the other day

Clearly the host (top right) is different , but you may like to ask Ian , Mark , and Fevs why they are going on others pods behind your back !

9D5D49C6-FF71-419F-BC24-410BB011F885.jpeg

;)

Guy in the green Adidas is Dave P’s “mini me”!

• Haha 2

On 10/01/2024 at 06:59, One Team said:

Absolutely nailed it in my opinion.

In the relative absence of OSIB, FBC is my favourite podcast now. They’ve pretty much sorted the audio issues that plagued it in the early days and put out some really well balanced content. They also aren’t afraid to ask the challenging questions of the club and have a very good finger on the pulse of fan opinion. I don’t agree with a lot of it, especially Ian Gay, but  that’s great as it has differing views. At least Ian says it how he sees it, and it’s not sugar coated. 

3 Peaps is unlistenable for me now. Their lack of balanced observation let alone critique of the club, particularly Lansdown, is jarring and apart from the Robins Reunited interviews (which are good TBF) it’s like listening to a RobinsTV echo chamber. 

I think the FBC teams fiercely independent stance is what makes it stand out and a must listen for me these days. Well done lads! 

@Curr Avon @headhunter

This is a good example of the binary debates we have everywhere these days. It always seems to have to be one or the other. My personal view is I will take any Bristol City related content I can, and am really thankful people take the time to make them which is better than just going on a forum and criticising them. 

FBC is absolutely chaotic at times  which makes me enjoy it even more, while 3PIAP is really structured which is also great. OSIB had a bit of both and its a shame it didnt continue with someone else as it always had a good range of contributors. 

If anyone wants to take the time.to make a 4th then go for it as I would listen. I would do it but I struggle to know how to work the TV these days so have no hope at being able to record, edit and upload a podcast. 

• Like 4

On 10/01/2024 at 08:45, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because it seems people would rather listen to independent fans opinions. 

You've made a scenario up in your head and you're using that made up scenario as a stick to beat FBC with? How bizarre. 

My point is, why does it bother @headhunter how 3 peeps do their podcast? He regularly points out the listening figures are going up so they’re not suffering.

Btw, I’ve never listened to the 3 peeps podcast and listen to forever Bristol after every game. No bias here.

Oh @Shtanley how I miss OSIB, which was my favourite and my best BCFC pod.

That Ian Gay really grinds my gears. He is 100% right all of the time. The he realises he's wrong (actually a good thing to change an opinion now and again) and then he's 100% right again - a total U turn. Bit like the Tories. That makes it an unlistenable pod for me - he ruins it.

As for 3PIAP I enjoy that more. I get the points raised about links with the club, but who wouldn't want to listen to Tommy? I do think they shied away from asking the obvious - when are you signing your contract Tommy question mind 🤣

On 11/01/2024 at 13:32, DaveInSA said:

Oh @Shtanley how I miss OSIB, which was my favourite and my best BCFC pod.

That Ian Gay really grinds my gears. He is 100% right all of the time. The he realises he's wrong (actually a good thing to change an opinion now and again) and then he's 100% right again - a total U turn. Bit like the Tories. That makes it an unlistenable pod for me - he ruins it.

As for 3PIAP I enjoy that more. I get the points raised about links with the club, but who wouldn't want to listen to Tommy? I do think they shied away from asking the obvious - when are you signing your contract Tommy question mind 🤣

I went to west ham. first game i've enjoyed in ages. Hoping to do the magazine again but am living in marseille atm to learn French so cant really do osib even if i did want to :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 10/01/2024 at 09:01, Davefevs said:

The issue with pre-match pods are that they aren’t post-match pods! 😉

I know that sounds like a stupid comment, but it’s the post-match talking points that generate interest from listeners.

Okay, you’ll get a bit of discussion about possible team selection, and Ian will give his “analytical view”, which comprises his reading out the opposition’s WDL Pts from their last 6 games either home or away (whichever is relevant) and compare it to ours.  He’ll look at how many shots they had in their last match and deduce their playing style from that.  He already does that at the end of the post-March pod.

Out of interest, what would you include on top of that?

I also think there is a gap in the market for a pre match show, maybe just for nerds like me.

1 hour post match show purely on the previous game and 30 min preview show the day before would give time for a little more content although I appreciate that involves getting bums on seats twice the amount compared to now

54 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I also think there is a gap in the market for a pre match show, maybe just for nerds like me.

1 hour post match show purely on the previous game and 30 min preview show the day before would give time for a little more content although I appreciate that involves getting bums on seats twice the amount compared to now

As per my post you replied to, what things / topics would you include in pre-match show?

For info, I’m doing a pre-match pod with “all stats aren’t we” for the Leeds match (all stats is a stats based Leeds pod) next month. But that is more an opposing fan (me) going on and talking about city to a Leeds fan type preview.