IGNORED

Forever Bristol City Podcast - WEST HAM [A] the verdict ..... City, you did us proud

Curr Avon

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

I also think there is a gap in the market for a pre match show, maybe just for nerds like me.

1 hour post match show purely on the previous game and 30 min preview show the day before would give time for a little more content although I appreciate that involves getting bums on seats twice the amount compared to now

That's an interesting idea, and the day before means I'd probably listen. Anything on the day and it's not going to happen for me.
I'll tag @Davefevs in this too. 

It might be good to get a round up of the weeks fitness/injury news , not everyone sees or hears it. A little on opponents , if they are missing big players and how they got on recently. Plus maybe going over what LM has said and what the opposition coach has said. Lot of work possibly , that will keep you out of mischief Dave :thumbsup:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As per my post you replied to, what things / topics would you include in pre-match show?

For info, I’m doing a pre-match pod with “all stats aren’t we” for the Leeds match (all stats is a stats based Leeds pod) next month. But that is more an opposing fan (me) going on and talking about city to a Leeds fan type preview. 

Similar to what Jersey Bean puts together on here. A bit about the match, something about the opponents and their history. In fact Dave could just invite JB onto his show 

• Like 2

I listen to both pods. I like both pods. But...

Listening to Ian do calculations as to exactly how many tickets might be available to members for WHU was excruciating. That's 8 minutes of my life I can't have back. Sometimes/most times Ian is just too much (for me) of the "I tell it like is" school.

That sort of thing and the constant talking over each other (or is it just Ian talking over everyone?) are the main things which I'd like to see resolved. It's a 1hr pod frequently running to 90 minutes. 

On the positive side, it's often insightful and has balanced opinions of player performance (including Ian's) which you don't always get when sat in the Dolman, listening to some Dunder relic screaming at Tanner for the duration. The appraisal of Sam Bell at WHU was spot on, but also at odds with the shouty criticism spewing out in block 225 on the day.

Thanks for making my winter commute more bearable, I'm glad the pod exists. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

That's an interesting idea, and the day before means I'd probably listen. Anything on the day and it's not going to happen for me.
I'll tag @Davefevs in this too. 

It might be good to get a round up of the weeks fitness/injury news , not everyone sees or hears it. A little on opponents , if they are missing big players and how they got on recently. Plus maybe going over what LM has said and what the opposition coach has said. Lot of work possibly , that will keep you out of mischief Dave :thumbsup:

I spend enough time doing footie stuff without prepping for a pre-match pod every week too.

• Haha 1

I listen to both pods.

FBC- an insightful listen with strong views which is why I think it’s popular. Sometimes very chaotic when someone wants to make a point. You just hear people talking over each other which gets on my gears. Ian can sometimes make good points however the pettiness of correcting others is frustrating. Overall with some structure the pod could go to the next level. 

3 Peeps- very enjoyable listen, more factual and structured very well. They may have a link with the club but you have to respect what they do. They aren’t afraid to critique the club/players performance after a match and to be fair they are spot on about SL, JL etc. 

I’m thankful for both pods but 3 Peeps imo is the slightly better one. Thank you for making the commute to work bearable!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TSG said:

FBC- an insightful listen with strong views which is why I think it’s popular. Sometimes very chaotic when someone wants to make a point. You just hear people talking over each other which gets on my gears. Ian can sometimes make good points however the pettiness of correcting others is frustrating. Overall with some structure the pod could go to the next level. 

When I’m on I try to get everyone to raise their hand if they want to interject.  It’s now done so that we can see each other, so no reason for the interruptions…although Dave as host needs to at time to time.  Previously we were blind to each other, so that made it harder, but no excuses now.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When I’m on I try to get everyone to raise their hand if they want to interject.  It’s now done so that we can see each other, so no reason for the interruptions…although Dave as host needs to at time to time.  Previously we were blind to each other, so that made it harder, but no excuses now.

In all fairness you can hear Dave say they someone has their hand raised, I think it’s just in the heat of the moment all organisation goes out the window! 

6 hours ago, pj76 said:

I listen to both pods. I like both pods. But...

Listening to Ian do calculations as to exactly how many tickets might be available to members for WHU was excruciating. That's 8 minutes of my life I can't have back. Sometimes/most times Ian is just too much (for me) of the "I tell it like is" school.

That sort of thing and the constant talking over each other (or is it just Ian talking over everyone?) are the main things which I'd like to see resolved. It's a 1hr pod frequently running to 90 minutes. 

On the positive side, it's often insightful and has balanced opinions of player performance (including Ian's) which you don't always get when sat in the Dolman, listening to some Dunder relic screaming at Tanner for the duration. The appraisal of Sam Bell at WHU was spot on, but also at odds with the shouty criticism spewing out in block 225 on the day.

Thanks for making my winter commute more bearable, I'm glad the pod exists. 

Couldn’t agree with this more. I listen to both as often you end up with a more balanced view by listening to the two. And it is great that you have people taking the time to create these podcasts, and certainly helps for the commutes.

However, it is excruciating how often everyone shouts over each other on FBC, and can sometimes make it a hard listen. Let the speaker talk and when your point is finished let the host throw it to the next person. At points of the last one all 3 speakers were talking at the same time, the host is trying to ask one speaker something and Ian is still making his point or recommences his point halfway through the hosts next question.

I appreciate that sometime interjection is valued but it’s a podcast, not a business meeting. It could easily be a better listen with the suggestions listed above. OSIB had the balance pretty perfect imo.

Hopefully this doesn’t come across too critical because I do mostly enjoy the content put out! 

• Like 1