IGNORED

Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

phantom

• The title was changed to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
19 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Info sold by Bristol Sport no doubt, part of the deal.

Is that a breach of the Data Protection Act? They have supplied information concerning you without your prior consent to a third party.

28 minutes ago, 22A said:

Is that a breach of the Data Protection Act? They have supplied information concerning you without your prior consent to a third party.

Does the Data Protection Act actually exist because the number of times I've received stuff from organisations that I've never contacted directly. There seems to be alot of transfer of information without our knowledge. Is it all in the micro print and the cookies that we randomly accept?

13 minutes ago, Midred said:

Does the Data Protection Act actually exist because the number of times I've received stuff from organisations that I've never contacted directly. There seems to be alot of transfer of information without our knowledge. Is it all in the micro print and the cookies that we randomly accept?

Think you will find there is something on your Bristol sport account(Communication preferences) about what information you receive especially all across Bristol sport organisation football basketball rugby etc etc You can tick these off by clicking on update preferences Not sure if thats anything to do with it.

To receive information off west ham is a strange one.

Just now, Street red said:

Think you will find there is something on your Bristol sport account(Communication preferences) about what information you receive especially all across Bristol sport organisation football basketball rugby etc etc You can tick these off by clicking on update preferences Not sure if thats anything to do with it.

To receive information off west ham is a strange one.

It's not from West Ham, but from QEOP. 

I think it's a bit early to be pointing fingers at Bristol Sport unless there starts to be a wider group receiving these unexpectedly. I've received nothing myself. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's not from West Ham, but from QEOP. 

I think it's a bit early to be pointing fingers at Bristol Sport unless there starts to be a wider group receiving these unexpectedly. I've received nothing myself. 

I'm not trying to point fingers just that there is a communication preference on the accounts that you can control what information you receive.

Just now, Street red said:

I'm not trying to point fingers just that there is a communication preference on the accounts that you can control what information you receive.

Ticking boxes for comms usually includes  commercial "partners". That said, pretty much everyone ignores what you want. I make it clear time and again that I have no interest in hoops nor egg chasing. Still get notifications.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Ticking boxes for comms usually includes  commercial "partners". That said, pretty much everyone ignores what you want. I make it clear time and again that I have no interest in hoops nor egg chasing. Still get notifications.

There is that it is annoying think I've still received emails that I didn't want to receive in the past sometimes you do think why do i bother.

Perhaps stadium ticket handling is dealt with by them.

If you're selling a ticket for an away game, you're only acting as an agent for the host club.

The host is entitled to have sufficient details to identify a customer.

Put all that together and that *might* be how the got OPs email.

But it's prolly just a mistake. Why would they want to actively market to an away fan (unless local to their stadium)?

3 hours ago, Midred said:

Yes there's often tick boxes and small print - I believe as part of the GDPR movement it was made "illegal" to have misleading boxes - eg ones you tick to opt OUT etc. I notice many don't observe this, but there are heavy fines for GDPR breaches if caught.

One trick you can do when signing up to services is add a "+" and then a word at the end of your email address, for example if your email is "myname@gmail.com" you can use "myname+dodgywebsitename@gmail.com"

this will still go to your email but when you receive an email you can check the to address and then you'll know who it came from. I don't use this on every site, but anything questionable - easy to filter out of your inbox then too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1