IGNORED

West Ham connections = loans

DirtySanchez

49 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Manning under 23s boss for Hammers if I have that right. 

Moyes ex city player - 83 appearances 

Surely over a glass of wine or preferably cider after the cup tie - there has to be a loan or two in there from Moyes / West Ham to help us up the table for a top six push? 

When interviewed last week, Moyes played down having much to do with Manning.  Was more a case of (paraphrased) “yeah, I was aware of him, I watched some u23s games, but that’s about it”.  

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Conor Coventry was linked a little while ago I read on the Transfer Forum.

Out of contract in summer, could be a bit of a try before buy for both parties.

Was going to Wednesday, but talk that it has fallen through, rekindling…..….Charlton’s interest.

• Like 1

What of CFG?

Manning worked there, it is a vast network. Even ih the non Man City clubs which could have the pick there will be players who could do well on loan.

Aaron Mooy had some connection to CFG iirc. I remember the name from Huddersfield especially.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

I have read these type of comments before. A cup tie against PL opposition, a transfer window, possible opportunities. Whilst it initially sounds good, personally it feels a bit needy to me and any loans should be for the right player from any club for specific reasons, not because we are rubbing shoulders with a bigger opponent.

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Conor Coventry was linked a little while ago I read on the Transfer Forum.

Out of contract in summer, could be a bit of a try before buy for both parties.

The thing is we have TGH so does he lose more game time for this lad and potentially he ends up not getting enough time and doesn't want to join because of that? I don't like loans unless they have solid deals in place to become permanent unless they are emergencies due to injury. If we had a lot of long term injuries in a certain position then fair enough but for me we should be looking to loan out more than loan in.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It was rumoured that they were looking at him before. After his performance against them this could stoke the fire of desire . 

Saw a couple of comments from their forum likened Cam to Julian Dicks. High praise indeed from them.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When interviewed last week, Moyes played down having much to do with Manning.  Was more a case of (paraphrased) “yeah, I was aware of him, I watched some u23s games, but that’s about it”.  

Was going to Wednesday, but talk that it has fallen through, rekindling…..….Charlton’s interest.

To be fair to Manning, he also said he didn't really have anything to do with Moyes either, though he was aware of his influence around the place (or words to that effect). 

I like that about him, very understated.  I remember a question in one of the interview when he first joined about biggest influences on his career.  Being part of the Man City set up, I was expecting some mention of Pep even as a somewhat distant role model.  Instead Manning described about 4 very obscure coaches in various clubs like Ipswich that I'd never heard of.  He also mentioned working in school as Teaching Assistant as important in learning to deal with people. 

Very refreshing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I absolutely respect you for being able to hold a grudge for so long.

Not really, 'twas just an old joke. A pity he left for us at the time, and as it turned out not good for him in the long run either.

Well do I remember what Nicky Maynard achieved with us, particularly when Paul Hartley was running midfield.

Here's a reminder:

13 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Not really, 'twas just an old joke. A pity he left for us at the time, and as it turned out not good for him in the long run either.

Well do I remember what Nicky Maynard achieved with us, particularly when Paul Hartley was running midfield.

Here's a reminder:

They were good times. Little did we know of the complete mess we’d make of things in the coming 2/3 years. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The thing is we have TGH so does he lose more game time for this lad and potentially he ends up not getting enough time and doesn't want to join because of that? I don't like loans unless they have solid deals in place to become permanent unless they are emergencies due to injury. If we had a lot of long term injuries in a certain position then fair enough but for me we should be looking to loan out more than loan in.

Tbh I'm thinking 2 windows ahead here, hopefully the club are too, succession planning and or what the squad may look like going into Janaury or mid January 2024.

Murphy should be part of it, he could be the answer but James, Williams, King and subject to a possible year option on either side, Weimann also out of contract.

Some or all of these could be off..if they were say suddenly you have in central midfield Knight, TGH and Naismith although some see him as more of a CB. Benarous although sadly he hasn't kicked a ball since well will he ever play for us again.

24 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Here's a reminder:

What that video reminds me is not only what a great finisher he was but how much I miss Dele Adebola.