IGNORED

We need

BCFC1512

15 minutes ago, Jose said:

I’d imagine we willl be saying the same thing this time next season and the season after that and the season after that. 

The sooner the Lansdowns **** off the better.

22 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It was gone the minute they decided not to give the previous manager a penny of the Scott money, imposed a restricted wage ceiling and invented something called a "nest egg".

You can't then switch course mid season and expect a new coach, with a fundamentally different approach, to deliver instant improvements.

So the change of coach should have happened last summer - they didn't have the bollox - or next summer.

A brilliant January transfer window might yet save our season but it's unlikely.

I reckon our Jan window is done. Whatever happened to Tinnion claiming we were always looking 3 windows ahead or some such bollox?! Remember JL said we have a top 6 squad and the wages were maxed out according to Nige. So why all of a sudden are we expecting new players to come in? We have Murphy and our ‘new’ striker will probably be the return on loan of Palmer-Houldon. Watch this space…..

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

Yes they would be different. We didn’t play possession based tippy tippy football under Pearson. We played a high press, force mistakes and make things happen style. Not this rollocks.

The points per game is the same. Until the very highest part of the club performs at the level expected of a club with THEIR ambition, nobody put the words in their mouths, it will be same old same old until we have a bad season and leave the Championship the wrong way……..

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yes they would be different. We didn’t play possession based tippy tippy football under Pearson. We played a high press, force mistakes and make things happen style. Not this rollocks.

Christ you lot make it seem like pearsons football was magic, it was ok in spells at best, and I'm not hyping mannings style either but I must of dreamed being at several away games and having everyone being livid with the players at full time.

And on another petty note  Manning getting shit for fist bumps after a win is mental considering I've seen Pearson ignore the support before he "warmed" to us in the last 6 months of his time here.

⭕

Edited by johnheadbcfc
  • Like 2

His first mistake since Ipswich at home and this is how some people react? Bloke is the biggest scapegoat at the club because people have this weird obsession with Bentley. Both Pearson and Manning have opted for him as our number 1, I trust them over everyone who says he’s not good enough

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

His first mistake since Ipswich at home and this is how some people react? Bloke is the biggest scapegoat at the club because people have this weird obsession with Bentley. Both Pearson and Manning have opted for him as our number 1, I trust them over everyone who says he’s not good enough

That’s fair but GENUINE competition for a place never did any proper player harm, only those you don’t want anyway.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s fair but GENUINE competition for a place never did any proper player harm, only those you don’t want anyway.

Oh I’m with you around competition, not entirely convinced around Bajic as number 2 but similarly I’ve only watched him against Lincoln where he was let down by the team in front of him. Bentley was on too much of a wage to be second choice to Max

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah if we bin Max off and bring in Alisson we can start drawing 0-0 instead.

How about scoring a goal? How about something exciting happening? 

Steady on, pal. It has taken us a long time to get back to 14th, and I don't want anyone blowing it now.

The whole club from top to bottom needs a complete new broom, from owner and silver spoon fed junior through DOF and all the way down to about 6 of our current first team starting 11 being upgraded. The club is rancid all the way through

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

More patterns and behaviours 

No, as per Mannings post match view we need to be “turning that good into outcomes”…

Rather than coaching book speak, we simply need look like scoring goals and not look like conceding them, I’m beginning to think the only outcome that we need is to recruit a manager who actually knows what he’s doing, and perhaps employ a consultant to find that manager as the current board seem clueless on manager selection and retention.

There are some strange attitudes in this thread.

A number 9 should be the priority I agree.

But to say that we categorically don’t need another keeper, even if just for competition, is a strange view to hold imo.

I feel the situation now is akin to when Steve Phillips was totally uncontested as number 1 here. Yes, he had the occasional blinder - but the majority of the time he was not challenged for the number one jersey and was bang average. 

We brought in Basso and the rest was history. How we could do with a keeper of Basso’s ability, and inspirational mantras, now.

• Like 1

This fan base is so fickle at times 😂 we wouldn’t have West Ham to look forward to on Tuesday if it wasn’t for O’Leary, kept us in the game with some fantastic saves prior to our equaliser. He made a mistake just like other world class keepers do, own it, learn from it and move on. 

3 minutes ago, TommyD68 said:

This fan base is so fickle at times 😂 we wouldn’t have West Ham to look forward to on Tuesday if it wasn’t for O’Leary, kept us in the game with some fantastic saves prior to our equaliser. He made a mistake just like other world class keepers do, own it, learn from it and move on. 

Just like other WORLD CLASS keepers do!!!!!

That makes it sound you think he is world class Please tell me that is not the case

6 minutes ago, TommyD68 said:

He also pulled off a very good save yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Saw that typo surely !

Yes clearly a typo, I’m stating world class keepers make mistakes too, it’s the nature of the role..  any mistake is magnified. For some reason a portion of city fans are so quick to throw abuse at MOL but reluctant to praise him on his great performances. I personally think he’s been one of the stronger players for us this season. 

Just now, TommyD68 said:

Yes clearly a typo, I’m stating world class keepers make mistakes too, it’s the nature of the role..  any mistake is magnified. For some reason a portion of city fans are so quick to throw abuse at MOL but reluctant to praise him on his great performances. I personally think he’s been one of the stronger players for us this season. 

Hes been decent on balance. I would prefer a bigger, more commanding keeper but we can upgrade elsewhere sooner imo.

I actually think being one of our own he gets cut more slack than an outsider.