IGNORED

Awaiting Silvio’s post…

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

He's down to be the guest speaker at Thursday's Senior Red!

Hope he gets ripped a new one. Unlike the H @ C when all people did was blow smoke up their asses. As a fan base we are soft as ****. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

Hope he gets ripped a new one. Unlike the H @ C when all people did was blow smoke up their asses. As a fan base we are soft as ****. 

Well junior Lansdown had the same gig in December and was made to feel a bit uncomfortable. I would think BT can expect a similar reception. Unless we beat WHU of course.

Edited by Frenchay Red

You could also least tag me Fevs, I might not have seen this!

Theres a lot I could say today but you’re right - it would follow the similar pattern about reacting in game. We were the better side for my money half one but I don’t think LM anticipated the change made by Lowe - and to be fair, I’m not sure many of us would but there was always a chance - manager in last chance saloon, booed off, what’s to lose? The trick is once that unexpected change was made not to be all rabbit in headlights and just assume “the process” would work - we were being asked different questions.

There are two real points for me today. The first is the adaptability in game - that’s obvious. The second is that teams know how to play us. I’m fascinated to see what Watford do next week having been torn apart by us - for me Ishmael is a good enough coach to ask a different question to Boxing Day with what he knows now.

Finally, I’ll leave it for now with the thought that a certain Brian Tinnion should remember the 1993/94 season. We were better than Liverpool for 2 2/3 games. Had less of the ball than them. In the league it was turgid stuff with a mid table record and less than a goal a game scored. The turgid football was found out and the next season was a disaster. Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

8 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Well junior Lansdown had the same gig in December and was made to feel a bit uncomfortable. I would think BT can expect a similar reception. Unless we beat WHU of course.

Shouldn't matter if we beat WHU or not. We are 14th in the league that's what matters!

Him and crayon boy both LIED!!!

Shocking really, just bluster and bullshit! 

With all the players having returned from injury since LM started you really would expect better wouldn't you?

I can only imagine the vitriolic posts on here if after all the injured players had returned we played like we are and NP was still in charge.

But then again I firmly believe we would be playing better.....

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Shouldn't matter if we beat WHU or not. We are 14th in the league that's what matters!

Him and crayon boy both LIED!!!

Shocking really, just bluster and bullshit! 

With all the players having returned from injury since LM started you really would expect better wouldn't you?

I can only imagine the vitriolic posts on here if after all the injured players had returned we played like we are and NP was still in charge.

But then again I firmly believe we would be playing better.....

There wouldn't be any vitriolic posts remember he was loved by all 

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Finally, I’ll leave it for now with the thought that a certain Brian Tinnion should remember the 1993/94 season. We were better than Liverpool for 2 2/3 games. Had less of the ball than them. In the league it was turgid stuff with a mid table record and less than a goal a game scored. The turgid football was found out and the next season was a disaster. Just saying.

While I see your point, the big difference the following season was that Osman had cleared out what he saw as any remaining challenge to his managerial authority and, with almost zero transfer money he went on to sign a handful of utter shite to join the utter shite he'd already signed. At least this time Manning will have more funds.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

The trouble is that he’s taken over what I think is a poor squad, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear !!!

Why did we have to recruit a mediocre squad to tread water at this level? The issue is that Jon and Sid didn’t think that Liam took over a “sows ear” did they?

34 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You could also least tag me Fevs, I might not have seen this!

Theres a lot I could say today but you’re right - it would follow the similar pattern about reacting in game. We were the better side for my money half one but I don’t think LM anticipated the change made by Lowe - and to be fair, I’m not sure many of us would but there was always a chance - manager in last chance saloon, booed off, what’s to lose? The trick is once that unexpected change was made not to be all rabbit in headlights and just assume “the process” would work - we were being asked different questions.

There are two real points for me today. The first is the adaptability in game - that’s obvious. The second is that teams know how to play us. I’m fascinated to see what Watford do next week having been torn apart by us - for me Ishmael is a good enough coach to ask a different question to Boxing Day with what he knows now.

Tag you @Silvio Dante, tag me back hun!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I seem to be on repeat too….we don’t have the players good enough to think “process” will work.  Preston just went direct, and it broke our process.

Thats the learning.

6 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

The trouble is that he’s taken over what I think is a poor squad, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear !!!

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Add in its a small squad aswel 

The frustrating thing with comments like these, is that the previous manager wasn’t cut similar slack.

Why not?  No need to reply, just making a point!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Why did we have to recruit a mediocre squad to tread water at this level? The issue is that Jon and Sid didn’t think that Liam took over a “sows ear” did they?

You have to  question their ability and integrity.

What other club at this level would have those people in such elevated positions.

Manning will ultimately be the fall guy those 2 ***** are bomb proof.

Edited by Natchfever
  • Flames 2

39 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don’t think LM anticipated the change made by Lowe - and to be fair, I’m not sure many of us would but there was always a chance - manager in last chance saloon, booed off, what’s to lose?

Agree. Lots of us were saying we were well on top at HT, just had to find a goal etc. It would have taken a real Nostradamus to foresee a triple sub from Lowe, and to simultaneously react to/pre-empt it at HT.

40 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The trick is once that unexpected change was made not to be all rabbit in headlights and just assume “the process” would work - we were being asked different questions.

But this is also completely correct. You can't see a manager change three players, who then combine to have two good chances before 50 minutes have gone...and do nothing. Reaction needs to happen. 

41 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There are two real points for me today. The first is the adaptability in game - that’s obvious. The second is that teams know how to play us.

And these go hand-in-hand imo. A lack of adaptability means that it is possible for teams to work is out, and to then be confident that their counter-plan won't itself be countered. 

It's quite hard to fix without either expanding or evolving the squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Agree. Lots of us were saying we were well on top at HT, just had to find a goal etc. It would have taken a real Nostradamus to foresee a triple sub from Lowe, and to simultaneously react to/pre-empt it at HT.

But this is also completely correct. You can't see a manager change three players, who then combine to have two good chances before 50 minutes have gone...and do nothing. Reaction needs to happen. 

And these go hand-in-hand imo. A lack of adaptability means that it is possible for teams to work is out, and to then be confident that their counter-plan won't itself be countered. 

This in the week where both Manning and Joe Williams said we need problem solvers on the pitch. You are correct, bodies need to come in.

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It's a top end sow in fact playing on the front trotter.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

This in the week where both Manning and Joe Williams said we need problem solvers on the pitch. You are correct, bodies need to come in.

This is true to an extent, and I was going to say exactly the same, but he also has to support this from the sidelines. 

As a player, your first focus is on your individual performance/battle. Manning can see the bigger picture. 

6 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Yeah but part aswel in Pearson preferred a small squad 

There’s a big difference between preferring a small squad of say 22 competitive players and being forced into a small squad made up as it was.  The first one is less exposed by injuries than the second one.  It’s about the make-up of the small squad not that’s it’s small.

Today Manning had more senior players available to him than Nige had from Plymouth onwards.  It’s not a Nige v Manning thing, just stating that this was the fullest squad we’ve had in ages (19th Sept).

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Those opening 3-5 mins was a huge momentum shift, but also a complete change of the way the game had been played out beforehand.  It wasn’t just PNE becoming more effective when they had it, it was our decreasing effectiveness too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kibs said:

This is true to an extent, and I was going to say exactly the same, but he also has to support this from the sidelines. 

As a player, your first focus is on your individual performance/battle. Manning can see the bigger picture. 

I think it’s a point I’ve made before. I have no issue in players problem solving on pitch and I think the best teams do it. But it’s finite. George Tanner, for example, can realise his winger wants to come inside onto his right and in the small battle he has, make a decision to position himself to show his man onto the left. I’d expect that of any professional player.

But when it comes to, like today, the opposition fundamentally changing tack it’s on the manager to react. If Vyner had suddenly said “we need to go 4-2-4” and reshaped the side its way outside of his responsibilities. I’ve seen it as an excuse made for Manning and it shouldn’t be.

@Davefevs - just to give you your tag I should have!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Bigger problem for me is Manning was and is the wrong man for this squad of players.

They were not bought in to play possession football and neither are they capable of it. NPs premise was to play to a system to force openings on the transition via patterns.

Mannings premise appears to be waiting for opening when the enemy loses, i.e. take the openings when they appear passively, not force them. A one-eighty in footballing philosophy.

It's going to take money we don't have to get the staff in to pull it off - had and still has a similar vibe for me as Duff at Swansea.

Whereas if this was end of the third season under LJ with (present) Manning in to replace him - it could've worked as that was a much more technically skilled and creative players. I'd be more optimistic. 

Sadly the leadership's view of this squad between JL and BT is seemingly delusional delusional.

• Like 2