IGNORED

Jason Knight

Port Said Red

Just now, BCFCGav said:

So that’s on course for 10 G/A for the season which is respectable, especially if he is more of a CM than a CAM. That’s the key bit for me I think. Is he a CM doing very well out of position or a CAM doing well but no more?

I'd say so yeah.

8-10 anyway if we're dividing by..I do agree though Knight is great in some goals added would be even better.

Think Knight is one of those who can and we've needed one for a while slot into a more conventional midfield out of possession ie a 4-3-3 whatever but support when attacking. Some are pure central midfielders, some such as e.g. Palmer dropping back into that shape wouldn't really be his forte.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Knight is a gem of a player and we need to find a few more like him. No wonder he was tired yesterday as he had to try and fill in the anonymous holes left by Bell and Mehmeti. 

Excellent signing "taking one for the team" currently I think.

• Like 1

Knight is a quality player others could take a leaf from his book , it’s time for a few of the boys to become men tomorrow and for the rest of season , time to grow a pair and stop hanging on other players shirt tales , there are players out there who should be greatfull for SL paying them a wage /players who with a little more commitment can become good footballers but they need to believe in themselves 

anyway good luck tues let’s smash it 

4 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Knight is a gem of a player and we need to find a few more like him. No wonder he was tired yesterday as he had to try and fill in the anonymous holes left by Bell and Mehmeti. 

I really don’t get Sam Bell, if he wasn’t Mickey’s son there would be outrage. Such a poorly positioned player IMO, I really don’t think he is at the level. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I really don’t get Sam Bell, if he wasn’t Mickey’s son there would be outrage. Such a poorly positioned player IMO, I really don’t think he is at the level. 

He's a decent player, has some pace and can finish but he's not being played to help him. He's basically filing a hole as we are short on players to play wide attacking MF. Nige played him ahead of Mehmeti because he was happier to go outside the FB on the left , gives the FB more to think about. Makes him a good squad player , but I do think he needs to find his best position.  

For me, I rank him along with Mehmeti , I would be looking to sign an attacking left footed MF to help us kick on. I feel Manning will persevere with Mehmeti and Bell will end up leaving in the summer. As always, just my opinion .
I have heard he is highly rated by some scouts/coaches though .

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He's a decent player, has some pace and can finish but he's not being played to help him. He's basically filing a hole as we are short on players to play wide attacking MF. Nige played him ahead of Mehmeti because he was happier to go outside the FB on the left , gives the FB more to think about. Makes him a good squad player , but I do think he needs to find his best position.  

For me, I rank him along with Mehmeti , I would be looking to sign an attacking left footed MF to help us kick on. I feel Manning will persevere with Mehmeti and Bell will end up leaving in the summer. As always, just my opinion .
I have heard he is highly rated by some scouts/coaches though .

We definitely need to replace Semenyo which we haven’t and is a tough one to do. 

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We definitely need to replace Semenyo which we haven’t and is a tough one to do. 

We tried for Ogbene last January, but Rotherham wouldn’t budge.  Shame, as we knew we wouldn’t be able to compete in the summer, hence Luton got him.

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If you don’t think Knight has the mental strength to be captain, then Vyner imho is an even worse choice.  

⬇️

20 hours ago, italian dave said:

Limited options, I guess. And I don’t think it would do Zak any favours at all to make him captain. 

Vyner as captain would be like Fontaine revisited imo.