IGNORED

Simple coaching lesson from Kevin de Bruyne

extonsred

On 14/01/2024 at 09:24, W-S-M Seagull said:

KDB is one of the most under hyped players in premier league history in my opinion despite being probably the best midfielder the premier league has ever seen. 

Look at Salah for example, gets all the plaudits he deserves. But for some bizarre reason, KDB doesn't recieve the same sort of hype. I don't know if thats down to his quiet personality or because of who he plays for. 

He easily goes into my greatest prem XI.

It is round about the 10th Anniversary of when Chelsea sold probably the best midfielder to have ever graced the Premiership, for 18 Mill to Wolfsburg?   All that money and all those experts, and they let him slip through their fingers for pretty much a pittance in relation to his talent.   Poor olde Chelsea........Ha!!

21 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It is round about the 10th Anniversary of when Chelsea sold probably the best midfielder to have ever graced the Premiership, for 18 Mill to Wolfsburg?   All that money and all those experts, and they let him slip through their fingers for pretty much a pittance in relation to his talent.   Poor olde Chelsea........Ha!!

Similar with Salah to some extent!  I think Chelsea bought him originally because Liverpool wanted him, so they did it in spite???

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Similar with Salah to some extent!  I think Chelsea bought him originally because Liverpool wanted him, so they did it in spite???

I don't know if it is true, or maybe it is just idle gossip?  But apparently Mourinho didn't rate him?  Poor olde Chelsea!

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 13:42, Open End Numb Legs said:

From what I have seen we play straight into feet too much which forces pressure on the 1st touch being good and makes turning difficult. Play into space and the marking defender has a much harder job. It doesn't need to be acres of space, just the side furthest from the defender.

Key point - the run is made 1st and the ball passed 2nd, that is what catches out defenders.

Yes I agree with you, especially Pring. Every pass to him seems to be to his right foot meaning he has to stop and either pass backwards or he is under pressure, we never seem to put the ball ahead of him to run onto and allow him to cross first time. The same does go for Tanner but I expect less from an attacking sense from him, but also contributes to the % he passes backwards to Vyner.

Another annoying thing I’ve noticed is headers in the central area of the pitch, if our player is unchallenged they will just head it vaguely in the air back to where it came, not in the direction of another player or even bring the ball down for possession. I can’t tell if that’s a lack of football awareness or poor communication in the team?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

A midfield of players Chelsea let go could be

Salah-De Bruyne-Rice-Musiala

• Like 1