IGNORED

Bus Lanes/Gates on Cumberland Road

1960maaan

On 28/03/2024 at 19:17, bigboymog said:

Hi all a general warning to all as I have just received 2x bus gate penalty notices in one week ....the location is Cumberland Road ....I'm a visitor to the area and was aware of the air zone restrictions but thought as I was in the area I'd head for SS Great Britain well the road system is mighty odd and my sat nav( we all rely on them) guided me adequately to the location....however leaving the location as there is construction and diversions and in the melee I missed the tiny sign warning of the 'no left turn on to Cumberland Road' on Gas Ferry Road....this should be a lot bigger...and repeater signs placed alongside the roadside.... its not indicated on sat nav systems yet either.

Me too mate.  Two on the same day.  I don’t live in Bristol and I missed the sign completely.

On 28/03/2024 at 19:17, bigboymog said:

Hi all a general warning to all as I have just received 2x bus gate penalty notices in one week ....the location is Cumberland Road ....I'm a visitor to the area and was aware of the air zone restrictions but thought as I was in the area I'd head for SS Great Britain well the road system is mighty odd and my sat nav( we all rely on them) guided me adequately to the location....however leaving the location as there is construction and diversions and in the melee I missed the tiny sign warning of the 'no left turn on to Cumberland Road' on Gas Ferry Road....this should be a lot bigger...and repeater signs placed alongside the roadside.... its not indicated on sat nav systems yet either.

Exactly the same as us. Saw the SS Great Britain back in 2018. They said they were working on the Brunel museum and would be open soon. So while down in Bristol for a concert went to go visit the museum for the day no issues coming in but leaving a truck has got stuck on the mini roundabout. Construction vehicles were in the way and they couldn’t move as me and another car were coming out the street. Couldn’t turn right but thought no issue google maps says turn left. Before I knew it I was on the bus gate and had gone through it. Another car that was behind me also did as well, very silly system only having one way bus gate. Seems only put in place to catch people out coming out to see the museum. 

Edited by Jade
  • Like 1

New Bus gate in Cumberland Rd., Bristol. We like yourself visit the area ‘Cottage pub’ occasionally and coming home in March turned left from car park and suddenly noticed by traffic island the writing on road. Outcome we now have £35 punishment charge! The joke is it is all to apparently to help achieve the climate goal by 2030 of which I heard mention of 80-90% EV drivers! Well thanks BCC we are obviously six years too early we drove through in our electric car😁sad that we visited Bristol spent money in local businesses and left. I can’t really see an alternative route to head to Bath except on other side of the Water which is further and into bigger clean air zones. I have asked council to supply an alternative route I await eagerly for a reply this week.