IGNORED

Tonight's tickets?

Slack

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yep absolute shambles. Missed the 1st ten minutes cos of the queues. Was queuing up from 19:25. 

It was only 5 mins after kick off did they announce that there were no queues at the South stand turnstiles. 

Not sure why they failed to just let people show their tickets and click them in. There was a lot of very angry people. 

Same. I started queuing at 7-15. 

No info announced until game kicked off about SS turnstiles being clear.

Stewards took abuse though ultimately its the managers fault for being incompetent. Kids crying because they were understandingly scared and fans obviously very missed off as they couldn't get in and missed a goal. 

It could have got very dangerous and the club need to put measures in place to stop it happening again or the council need to revoke the safety cert for the stand.

Edited by BS3_RED

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Surely the answer is to load up ST cards with the game. That would solve it. It was absolute carnage getting in last night

We used to do that. For some reason we stopped doing it. Which just baffles me. We've created a problem when there shouldn't be a problem. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The tickets are a mess currently and give mixed messages::

At the top it says 'The barcode only allows one entry per ticket' but actually you scan the QR code to get in, not the bar code.

Re: printing it actually says 'If you can, please print your ticket in A4 size or alternatively scan via your smart phone' so people have every right to scan tickets, and I would argue a lot of people don't have printers now, a lot of workplaces don't have them these days. 

It's well within the clubs remit to make the tickets better.

I definitely only scanned the bar code. Surely you can use either?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

Here's a novel concept - the club can print them their-selves and avoid this bollix in future.

Not every invention causes actual progress.

Yep like the west ham tickets we received through the post no problems at all. But this club never learns and with the people running the show I don't think it will.

2 hours ago, Riaz said:

Forgot to bring my printed tickets. Not a problem i thought, they are on my phone. 

Until i got to a packed turnstile and the internet signal is slow because of so many people.

I had to load 4 separate tickets 🤦🏽‍♂️

Took a while 

I saved my ticket onto my phone, so didn’t need to try and download. Surely this is the sensible thing to do, especially if you’ve got multiple tickets to scan? 🤔

6 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I saved my ticket onto my phone, so didn’t need to try and download. Surely this is the sensible thing to do, especially if you’ve got multiple tickets to scan? 🤔

I will do this in future. Lesson learned 

• Robin 1

A surprise to hear of the ticket issues last night after myself and two others rocked up to the SS turnstiles at 7.35pm and got in within 5 mins.  Clearly not as smooth elsewhere and coms to advise on easier points of access at fault.  Generally everything takes longer since season cards went digital but I haven't found it too bad.

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I will do this in future. Lesson learned 

Had the same problem when I went to watch the womens team against Man Utd - 14k attendance and they had two turnstiles open. Tickets wouldn't load, so from then on all tickets are now screenshot and WhatsApp'd to my wife and girls before I've even left the house.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Surely the answer is to load up ST cards with the game. That would solve it. It was absolute carnage getting in last night

Not sure if I'm misremembering here but when we had the physical cards weren't they loaded with cup games once a ticket was purchased?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Demand can definitely outstrip supply tbh, for the Safe Standing area..did it look a little overcrowded in parts??

All the stairs were fully blocked, the club completely lost control of crowd safety in that area it happens every bit game.

There was an medical emergency and the stewards had no idea what to do as it was so busy, it’s lucky it wasn’t more serious.

The club will do what they normally do now the next few games, flood the area with more stewards, telling people to get off the stairs if they have their foot on it, throw their weight around as someone will be getting told off for all of this, then next big game the same happens. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

I was up in the top of the Lansdown couldn't believe how many empty seats were around me for a big game. All sneaked into S25 singing section no doubt?

That’s the downside to having a horse shoe shaped concourse 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

All the stairs were fully blocked, the club completely lost control of crowd safety in that area it happens every bit game.

There was an medical emergency and the stewards had no idea what to do as it was so busy, it’s lucky it wasn’t more serious.

The club will do what they normally do now, flood the area with more stewards, telling people to get off the stairs if they have their foot on it, throw their weight around as someone will be getting told off for all of this, then next big game the same happens. 

The club will do what they normally do now, flood the area with more stewards, telling people to get off the stairs if they have their foot on it, throw their weight around as someone will be getting told off for all of this, then next big game the same happens. 

We heard you the first time 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

It would help if people didn’t deliberately choose to sit in the wrong seats. 

But no one ever sits in there allocated seat in the singing section that's the whole point of the area you just go and stand with your mates and it works absolutely fine for every league match,

The problem is these big games when you get people buying tickets in that section who have no idea what it's like and start trying to find there seat instead of just finding a space and that kind of knocks the whole system out of sync, 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

2 stewards bottom of S25 steps weren’t checking anyone’s ticket they weren’t interested. Then you had 1 poor guy trying to stop people sitting/standing in the wrong seats but he had no chance. The stewarding team IMO were way out of their depth, see more stewards in our area on a league game. Very poor last night 

Think the biggest issue was last night was a totally different set of stewards to normal, the normal experienced one who know how to manage that section were not there in stead was a load of kids who I had never seen before who didn't have a clue what they were doing, what ever little training they had didn't see them ready for that , 

All no helped by the usual scam of copies of tickets being used by the kids to get in there wouldn't be surprised if some tickets were not used 3 or 4 times by different people to get in, 

Also the normal stewards stop people coming up into the south stand and walking along the rows to get the s82 but last night no one stopped it so lots of kids came in from the left filling the area even more 

• Like 1

• Admin
11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not sure why they failed to just let people show their tickets and click them in

I would assume it is because, I could be clicked through then pass my ticket back over to someone else to gain entry

We all remember what happened with the ticket fiasco against Rovers

11 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Why we cannot get close to 27K is frustrating. The Gate needs extending. 

TV camera's take up space

I was surprised at the West Ham crowd 3,338 . It looked more than that as they didn't have the usual segregation

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Some who couldn't attend sold their tickets back to the club.

S18 is the Heineken Lounge seating so if that wasn't sold out, that would come up late as well.

Attendance was 25,616 so not a total sell out.

Any idea what is a total sell out?

I was in W16 and had a few empty seats around me.

Looking around there were plenty scattered all around

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Lends weight to the idea that the safe standing area should be expanded. 

I am curious as to how that would have made any difference last night?

The problem was all about people being in the wrong sections

Sadly the regulars that take offence at showing their ticket to get into an area will probably have to go through this again more frequently

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We used to do that. For some reason we stopped doing it. Which just baffles me. We've created a problem when there shouldn't be a problem. 

I can only assume it is because people could buy a different seat to their actual seat?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I am curious as to how that would have made any difference last night?

It wouldn’t have made any difference last night, my point is that the area was clearly more populated than it should have been which shows there’s a clear appetite for a bigger safe standing area within the ground. 

• Like 2

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It wouldn’t have made any difference last night, my point is that the area was clearly more populated than it should have been which shows there’s a clear appetite for a bigger safe standing area within the ground. 

The wheels are in motion on this.......

• Like 3

1 minute ago, phantom said:

TV camera's take up space

I was surprised at the West Ham crowd 3,338 . It looked more than that as they didn't have the usual segregation

Any idea what is a total sell out?

I think the Bears have the record attendance at the "new" Ashton Gate 26,399.

Segregation for football means its unlikely we can surpass that, but we had just over 26k for the League cup quarter and semi finals so I would assume that would be the most we could cram in ?

The Atyeo did look quite full and I was surprised it was only 3,338 announced.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Segregation for football means its unlikely we can surpass that, but we had just over 26k for the League cup quarter and semi finals so I would assume that would be the most we could cram in ?

There were sections either end which I assume people weren't allowed to sit in, only a few hundred probs

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The tickets are a mess currently and give mixed messages::

At the top it says 'The barcode only allows one entry per ticket' but actually you scan the QR code to get in, not the bar code.

Re: printing it actually says 'If you can, please print your ticket in A4 size or alternatively scan via your smart phone' so people have every right to scan tickets, and I would argue a lot of people don't have printers now, a lot of workplaces don't have them these days. 

It's well within the clubs remit to make the tickets better.

Or reduce the need for them, if the digital ticket system worked for cup games then we probably wouldn't have had the amount of problems and the stewards wouldn't have been so overwhelmed.

I used the barcode to enter last night, the stewards on the gate at the Dolman entrance were saying you could use either and that it didn't matter.

22 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

There were sections either end which I assume people weren't allowed to sit in, only a few hundred probs

Atyeo.

I always took the capacity to be 4k or even 4.2k, but it seems it is 3.4k or so for football.

Unsure what impact the TV cameras etc have, possibly but dunno whether it is still the case there was a rule about unreserved or safe standing of 10% capacity reduction.

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

I definitely only scanned the bar code. Surely you can use either?

I scanned the bar code as did the people in front of me with no problems.

Didn't even think to use the QR code.

47 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Attendance was 26,088 v Man Utd

• Thanks 1