IGNORED

The F A Cup

Port Said Red

I didn't want to post this before last night as I didn't want to tempt fate, but it's worth noting what a cup run can mean in addition to gate receipts and TV rights etc. 

87k tickets @ £10 or more £42.5k in TV money and f&b spend as well. Pushes us towards £.75m gross so far.

Screenshot_2024-01-17-10-03-40-74_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

• Like 2

Although gate receipts at the prices we charged would not have been huge, £150k for TV and winning is not trivial.

Never understood this table. Is it cumulative…ie, if we win round 4 and lose in round 5 do we get £120k or £120k plus £105k?

Very true. You see it in our accounts as well.

Last season we booked approx. £450,000 in gate receipts from our seven cup games across the EFL Cup and FA Cup (4 home, 3 away).

Season prior, where we lost in the 1st round of the EFL Cup and 3rd round of the FA Cup, we booked only about £35,000 in gate receipts.

This exudes the prize money you set out and any extra revenue from the concourse and food concessions on the night.

It's not season defining money, but it's very helpful.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Although gate receipts at the prices we charged would not have been huge, £150k for TV and winning is not trivial.

Never understood this table. Is it cumulative…ie, if we win round 4 and lose in round 5 do we get £120k or £120k plus £105k?

You must get the money each time, otherwise the losing finalists would get nothing for the final

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I didn't want to post this before last night as I didn't want to tempt fate, but it's worth noting what a cup run can mean in addition to gate receipts and TV rights etc. 

87k tickets @ £10 or more £42.5k in TV money and f&b spend as well. Pushes us towards £.75m gross so far.

Screenshot_2024-01-17-10-03-40-74_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

How much is lost for providing a free bar though 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You must get the money each time, otherwise the losing finalists would get nothing for the final

Not totally correct - the table shows runners up get £1m.

You do, however get the money each time. So if we got to the final and lost we’d get a total of £2.9m

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not totally correct - the table shows runners up get £1m.

You do, however get the money each time. So if we got to the final and lost we’d get a total of £2.9m

Just now, And Its Smith said:

The losing finalists would get £1m wouldn’t they ?   I would assume it’s one payment depending on what round you get too. 

The Semi-Final winners get £1m, the losing finalists get £1m so losing the final would get you nothing if it didn't all add up as you go along.

3 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The Semi-Final winners get £1m, the losing finalists get £1m so losing the final would get you nothing if it didn't all add up as you go along.

Ah got you - misread what you said and I think we’re saying the same thing, stacked payments and £1m for a final loss.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Re Gate money, not sure if factored in or not, but half of the net receipts go to your opponent.

Aren't they split 3 ways with the Football Foundation (or something) getting the other 3rd ?

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Would have comfortably made over a million from the two games. 

Not sure about that. If we work on average ticket price being a tenner (some more, some less) for the West Ham games then across the two ties it’s about 800-900k collective gate receipts. That gets split 50/50. Deduct the costs of putting on the games (policing, staff etc) and obviously we didn’t make money from the bar last night(!) Think TV was about 40k I read and then there’s prize money. Reckon we’ve netted nearer 1/2m. Still not to be sniffed at.

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Aren't they split 3 ways with the Football Foundation (or something) getting the other 3rd ?

Can’t remember, it’s either the FA Cup that’s 50:50 and the League Cup 45:10:45 or other way around.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Re Gate money, not sure if factored in or not, but half of the net receipts go to your opponent.

Yes I factored that in, the minimum gate receipts would be about 880,000, some tickets were more than the £10 minimum, then there's hospitality, less complimentaries, to balance that out. 45% of that is £396k gross in gate receipts alone.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I factored that in, the minimum gate receipts would be about 880,000, some tickets were more than the £10 minimum, then there's hospitality, less complimentaries, to balance that out. 45% of that is £396k gross in gate receipts alone.

I just checked, yes, you’re right, the FA Cup is the one with the 45:10:45 split

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just checked, yes, you’re right, the FA Cup is the one with the 45:10:45 split

And the %10 pot from all the ties throughout the competition  gets split amongst all clubs at end  IIRC 

• Thanks 1